Spanish La Liga ’18-19 – Highlights: Celta Vigo Stun Levante
These are the last 2 matches of La Liga, Match Day 2 of 38. The highlights are appended below the points table. In case, you missed the highlights of the last matches click here.
For Complete team rankings, click here
Match 9 of 10: Levante vs Celta Vigo
Result: 1 – 2
- Levante: Jose Luis Morales Nogales 78′ (P)
- Celta Vigo: Pione Sisto 10′, Maximiliano Gomez Gonzalexz 35′
|Levante||Team Stats||Celta Vigo|
|6||Shots On Target||9|
- Levante were paralyzed by Celta Vigo as the guests discovered their goal scoring mojo in a 2-1 victory.
- It took Celta only 10 minutes to open the scoring through Pione Sisto, with the Danish international striking the ball into the top of the net from what gave off an impression of being an unthinkable edge.
First half goals by Pione Sisto & Maximiliano Gomez saw Celta Vigo claim their first win of the season with a 2-1 victory at Levante
— Anathi George Mgema (@anathiGM) 27 August 2018
- While inquiries will be approached over Oier Olazabal’s field positioning for the principal goal, yet the Spanish defender could do nothing to avert Maxi Gomez setting a rich side-footed shot into the base corner.
- The Uruguayan was the subject of sizable hypothesis all through the late spring with West Ham United having been occupied with marking him, anyway it looks now as though his football will be played in Vigo for the coming campaign.
Meanwhile in La Liga, ex-Monterrey head coach, Argentino Antonio Mohamed secured his first ever league win w/ Celta Vigo against Levante today. He grabbed three points right after his Ballers audition. pic.twitter.com/DSEnmLvV7b
— Luis Miguel Echegaray (@lmechegaray) 27 August 2018
- Celta had 21 shots throughout the hour and a half and ought to have had more goals, Sisto was a consistent danger on the left flank and Levante simply did not know how to deal with him.
- However, 12 minutes before time, Levante did get a relief goal, with Jose Luis Morales Nogales scoring from the penalty spot.
Match 10 of 10: Athletico Bilbao vs Huesca
Result: 2 – 2
- Athletico Bilbao: Markel Susaeta 47′, Yuri Berchiche 63′
- Huesca: Jorge Miramon 71′, Ezequiel Avila 87′
|Athletico Bilbao||Team Stats||Huesca|
|4||Shots On Target||4|
- Athletico Bilbao’s 2 goal lead over Huesca became null and void as Huesca’s Jorge Miramon and Huesca’s Ezequiel Avila’s 2nd half strikes drew the match.
- For the most part, it was Athletico Bilbao who dominated the ball possession. However, despite several attacks in the first half, it did not allow them to score a single goal.
- Huesca also did not score as the first half ended with the scoreboard 0-0.
Huesca doing all the things required to stay up in La Liga. Won at Eibar’s Ipurua last game week & came back from 2-0 to draw 2-2 at Bilbao’s San Mames. Brilliant. https://t.co/NCdFvUV7ni
— Adun-Adebowale (@fernandeztoheeb) 27 August 2018
- 2 minutes into the 2nd half, Markel Susaeta broke the deadlock and put Bilbao in front. At the 63rd minute, the lead was doubled by Yuri Berchiche, as Bilbao looked favorites to win the match.
Quite the start to Huesca’s 1st-ever #LaLiga campaign. They upend Eibar in the opener and today erase a 2-goal deficit to escape with a road draw vs Athletic Bilbao. What a cracking goal by Ezequiel Avila to tie things up! They’re doing pretty well vs Basque sides.
— John Bava III (@LWOSJohnBava) 27 August 2018
- But, Bilbao’s dreams to wi the game were shattered by Jorge Miramon and Ezequiel Avila who struck late goals to draw the match.
For the first matches of Match Day 3 of 38, visit allsportspk on 31st August.