Spanish La Liga ’18-19 – Highlights: Getafe Continue Their Domination Over Sevilla
These are the next 4 matches of of La Liga, Match Day 4 of 38. The highlights are appended below the points table.
For Complete team rankings, click here
Match 6 of 10: Leganes vs Villarreal
Result: 0 – 1
- Villarreal: Carlos Bacca 65′
|3||Shots On Target||3|
- An energising match was held at Butarque, in which both Leganes and Villarreal had the fullest impact, and the game was eventually settled by Yellow Submarine striker, Carlos Bacca.
- A splendid first half in which the hosts commanded but did not perceive any goals, and Leganes were left to regret not exploiting.
Villarreal is a very unpredictable team when you stake for them they’ll loose when u do vice versa they win smh 🤦♂️
— Last King Of Kaoland (@raykako) 16 September 2018
- Villarreal woke up after half time when Fornals went ahead, supplanting Raba who they had been feeling the loss of, throughout the evening.
- Bacca made his mark in the 2nd hald, as the Colombian scored a goall and solidified Leganes, who had been unrivaled.
- Starting there, Villarreal took control of the match, and the main shock was that they turned out poorly ahead. After this thrashing, Mauricio Pellegrino’s side stay at the bottom of the La Liga points table.
Villarreal just got their first win of the season against Leganes. Leganes currently sit bottom of La Liga on 1 point after 4 games
— callum (@callumrjdrfc) 16 September 2018
Match 7 of 10: Espanyol vs Levante
Result: 1 – 0
- Espanyol: Sergio Garcia 52′
|9||Shots On Target||4|
- A hard-battled triumph in an engaging match against Levante has seen Espanyol who are now longing for Europe.
- In a match where there were numerous odds were made, it was a solitary goal from Sergio Garcia that isolated the sides, twisted expertly into the best corner by the veteran Spaniard.
Marcelino’s last season is his first season… His first four games was win against Las Palmas, 2-2 tie with Madrid, 0-0 tie with athletico, 1-1 tie with Levante… All these games had way better playing style… This season he got trashed against Espanyol…
— Abdullah #Valencia (@fall_encia) 16 September 2018
- It was a merited opener after the home side had been all the more venturesome in their play, a demonstration of the manner in which Rubi set up the group, with gutsy and ground breaking football.
- Oier Olazabal in the Levante goal handled shots all through the amusement as the guests set up scarcely any battle.
- They took a more guarded, minimized way to deal with procedures and just became animated in the last stages, however it was short of what was expected.
They worked hard 💪 and deserved the win.
A single goal by Sergio García was enough for @RCDEspanyol to knock down Levante (1-0): “I think we were better and deserved to win”, he said.
🔵⚪ Espanyol climb to the FOURTH place!#LLL
— La Liga Lowdown 🧡🇪🇸⚽️ (@LaLigaLowdown) 16 September 2018
Match 8 of 10: Valladolid vs Alaves
Result: 0 – 1
- Alaves: Ibai Gomez 90+3′
|5||Shots On Target||4|
- A shocking battle between Real Valladolid and Alaves was won at the demise because of a header from Ibai.
- Individuals were at that point leaving the Estadio Jose Zorrilla trusting that they had seen a goalless draw, just for a cross to be gestured home to give the 3 points to Abelardo’s side.
- In the main half, in which nothing of note happened other than two cautious activities by Nacho and Laguardia, one for each side.
Valladolid are still winless.
Sad debut for El-phenomenon to watch his new team lose at the death.
— Seun Oreks (@SeunOreks) 16 September 2018
- New Valladolid proprietor, Ronaldo Nazario, sat contemplatively in the chief’s crate, and watched a match that was the total inverse of the quality the Brazilian used to create in his ceremony.
- The arbitrator flagged 4 minutes of damage time toward the finish of the match, and in that period, the two sides had chances.
- Guidetti seemed as though he had headed the champ for Alaves, yet the shot was all around spared, while at the opposite end, the home group shouted for a penalty which was not given. That left Ibai to quietness those left in the ground, including Ronaldo.
— Strive Sport (@StriveFootball) 16 September 2018
Match 9 of 10: Sevilla vs Getafe CF
Result: 0 – 2
- Getafe CF: Angel Luis Rodriguez Diaz 3′, 38′
|Sevilla||Team Stats||Getafe CF|
|1||Shots On Target||5|
- Angel Luis Rodriguez Diaz appeared to be in blazing form as his goals, one in the first and the other in the 2nd half, proved to be match winning.
- Sevilla completely dominated the possession, however despite their 71% possession, they could score a single goal.
With 12 wins, Getafe have now defeated Sevilla more times than they have beaten any other club during their history. They’re definitely Sevilla’s bogey team. https://t.co/CBNZhFb5u4
— Euan McTear (@emctear) 16 September 2018
- They took 15 shots, and only 1 was on target as compared to Getafe CF who took 10 shots with 5 on target.
- Moreover, 7 corners from Sevilla could also not help them, as they lost the match by 2-0.
Getafe 2-0 up at Sevilla at half time. Looks a surprise but would be Getafe’s 5th win in 6 away from home. Would be 4th clean sheet too. Run includes Valencia and Real Madrid. They aren’t fashionable but they’re bloody good.
— Colin Millar (@Millar_Colin) 16 September 2018
Visit allsportspk tomorrow, for the last match of Match Day 4 of 38, La Liga 2018-19.