Spanish La Liga ’18-19 – Highlights: Imbula’s Debut Goal Proves Match Winning
This is the first match of of La Liga, Match Day 4 of 38. The highlights are appended below the points table.
For Complete team rankings, click here
Match 1 of 10: Huesca vs Rayo Vallecano
Result: 0 – 1
- Rayo Vallecano: Giannelli Imbula 29′
|Huesca||Team Stats||Rayo Vallecano|
|4||Shots On Target||2|
- Giannelli Imbula scored a staggering debut goal as Rayo Vallecano asserted a 1-0 accomplishment at Huesca in La Liga 2018-19.
- The goal came at the 29th minute, as the previous Stoke midfielder rifled a left-footed strike into the upper right corner, from outside the box to win his new side their first match of the season.
Giannelli Imbula barely put a foot wrong during his Rayo debut. Netted the match-winning goal and looked after the ball with care, linking up well with Gaël Kakuta.
Imbula has technical ability in abundance and a frame built to protect possession. Astute loan deal. ⚡️ pic.twitter.com/7VgEIuRCcD
— Talking LaLiga (@TalkingLaLiga) 14 September 2018
- Rayo, went into the match at the end of the table after progressive annihilation. However, they thought they had multiplied their favorable position through Real Madrid loanee Raul de Tomas, yet his second-half exertion was discounted after the match referee counseled VAR.
- Huesca’s Argentinian midfielder Ezequiel Avila had a late header easily spared by Rayo goalkeeper Alberto Garcia, as the hosts pushed futile for an equalizer against their recently advanced side.
Quite a strange performance from Huesca tonight, would love to know why Cucho and Álex Gallar weren’t included from the off. Their associative attacking play just didn’t flow with regularity.
— Simon Harrison (@simonhfootball) 14 September 2018
Tuned into Huesca Rayo late and the Spanish commentators on BeIN Sports were talking about Rory Delap…I’m guessing someone has a long throw-in 😂
— Brendy Boyle (@BrendyBoyle) 14 September 2018
Visit allsportspk later today, for the next matches of Match Day 4 of 38, La Liga 2018-19.