Spanish LaLiga ’18-19 – Highlights: Benzema’s Goal Overshadows Madrid’s Poor Display
These are the first 5 matches of LaLiga, Match Day 16 of 38. The highlights are appended below the points table.
For Complete team rankings, click here
LaLiga 2018-19– Match 1 of 10: Celta Vigo vs Leganes
Result: 0 – 0
|Celta Vigo||Team Stats||Leganes|
|2||Shots On Target||2|
- In spite of commanding the vast majority of the match against a Leganes side who just needed to protect, Celta Vigo were not able get a champ.
- The post additionally kept Maxi from scoring the triumphant goal in a match where Brais Mendez was the man of the match.
Celta Vigo & Leganes settled for a point apiece after playing out to a goalless draw at the Balaidos #SSFootball
— SuperSport Blitz (@SuperSportBlitz) December 14, 2018
- En Nesyri had three clear possibilities however lightened his lines each time. A goalless draw will just leave the Galicians with sentiments of dissatisfaction.
LaLiga 2018-19– Match 2 of 10: Getafe CF vs Real Sociedad
Result: 1 – 0
- Getafe CF: Jorge Molina Vidal 3′
|Getafe CF||Team Stats||Real Sociedad|
|2||Shots On Target||4|
- A singular goal by Jorge Molina was sufficient for Getafe to stretch out their unbeaten rushed to four matches and, by chance, propel themselves into the European positions.
- Giving Real Sociedad no opportunity to settle, Molina opened the scoring.
— Solo ⚽ Fútbol (@SoloFutbolPlus) December 15, 2018
- A poor freedom from Moya driven by a blunder of Gorosabel and that traded off his goalkeeper under strain from Shibasaki.
- The ball tumbled to the veteran who exploited, and his festival was devoted to the as of late harmed Amath.
LaLiga 2018-19– Match 3 of 10: Valladolid vs Atletico Madrid
Result: 2 – 3
- Valladolid: Fernando Calero 57′, Saul Niguez 63′ (OG)
- Atletico Madrid: Nikola Kalinic 26′, Antoine Griezmann 45+1′ (P), 80′
|Valladolid||Team Stats||Atletico Madrid|
|2||Shots On Target||5|
- Atletico Madrid surrendered a two-goal lead at Real Valladolid however star man Antoine Griezmann thought of the victor on a milestone day.
- Antoine Griezmann was Atletico Madrid’s saint with two goals on his 300th LaLiga appearance as they grabbed a sensational 3-2 succeed at Real Valladolid.
- Nikola Kalinic’s second goal in Spain’s best flight – kindness of a magnificent Griezmann pass – was trailed by his strike accomplice’s 124th – the focuses seeming safe when he changed over from the penalty spot on the stroke of half-time.
— Croatia football news (@Croatiafootbal1) December 15, 2018
- In any case, Atletico’s guarded strength strangely fizzled and Saul Niguez’s own objective after Fernando Calero’s header implied it was all square in the 63rd moment.
- It was left to Griezmann to rebuff a scraped Oscar Plano leeway a little ways from time and move Diego Simeone’s side dimension on focuses with Barcelona at the summit.
- Valladolid began in noteworthy mold, taking the amusement to Atletico and keeping their imaginative players from space.
- In any case, Griezmann found a pocket in which to work in the 26th moment and Kalinic was close by to stroke home his colleagues’ luxurious throughball.
According to Spanish outlet Cadena Ser, Atletico Madrid tried to sign Christian Pulisic but Dortmund said there is an agreement in place with an English club already. Interesting. pic.twitter.com/XDok8g9TCQ
— LFC Scout Watch (@Mobyhaque1) December 15, 2018
- Plano and Enes Unal left behind clear possibilities for the hosts as Atleti indicated surprising powerlessness down their correct flank and Valladolid were made to pay with the last activity of the half.
- Jordi Masip spared splendidly from Griezmann’s diverted shot before a VAR audit demonstrated the deviation came obligingness of Kiko Olivas’ handball, and the France star clinically dispatched the punishment.
- As in the opening time frame, Valladolid continued on the front foot and their weight told in the 57th moment.
Antoine Griezmann scored a brace on his 300th LaLiga appearance as Atletico Madrid moved level on points with leaders Barcelona courtesy of a 3-2 win over Real Valladolid.
— Omnisport (@OmnisportNews) December 15, 2018
- Calero rose most elevated to control chief Michel’s corner past the endeavors of Jan Oblak and Santiago Arias on hold.
- Sergio Gonzalez’s men were merciless in seizing upon an abnormally powerless Atletico and they were level when Saul occupied Unal’s header from a conservative corner into the net.
- Be that as it may, having caused Atleti rehashed issues from set-pieces, Valladolid floundered in diverting one and Griezmann required no second welcome to pound into the base corner.
LaLiga 2018-19– Match 4 of 10: Real Madrid vs Rayo Vallecano
Result: 1 – 0
- Real Madrid: Karim Benzema 13′
|Real Madrid||Team Stats||Rayo Vallecano|
|4||Shots On Target||3|
- Karim Benzema scored the main goal of the match following 13 minutes as Real Madrid beat Rayo Vallecano at the Bernabeu on Saturday.
- It was a third back to back La Liga triumph, yet Madrid again neglected to shimmer and needed to continue booing from their despondent supporters.
- Benzema beat an inadequately developed Rayo offside device to score and Toni Kroos verged on multiplying Madrid’s preference later in the primary half when he struck a post from fresh.
FT | REAL MADRID 1-0 RAYO VALLECANO.
Horrible game to watch, as nothing happened in the second-half expect for Sergio Ramos’ disallowed goal and two chances for Rayo at the death…and Real Madrid win the derby! #HalaMadrid pic.twitter.com/jL2wtgw8pH
— RMOnly (@ReaIMadridOnly) December 15, 2018
- The success put Santiago Solari’s side up to third place in the standings on 29, one clear of fourth-put Sevilla who have Girona on Sunday and two behind heroes and pioneers Barcelona, who visit Levante, and Atletico Madrid.
- Madrid, who were likewise booed off on Wednesday subsequent to losing 3-0 to CSKA Moscow, their most exceedingly awful ever home thrashing in European rivalry, kept on enduring protectively at the back.
- They spilled a lot of opportunities to their neighbors, who are battling transfer and have just won twice all season.
— Footy Tool (@FootyTool) December 15, 2018
- Rayo safeguard Emiliano Velazquez verged on evening out with a shot header from a corner not long after Benzema’s goal.
- At that point, as the guests laid attack to Madrid’s goal in the end organizes, it took a noteworthy twofold spare from Thibaut Courtois in stoppage time to keep Rayo from snatching a point.
Real Madrid under Santiago Solari:
27 Goals Scored
9 Goals Allowed
7 Cleansheets pic.twitter.com/NCC14AwQwD
— RMadridHome (@RMadridHome_) December 15, 2018
- Despite the fact that the European bosses faced the hardship, it did not stop the notoriously requesting Santiago Bernabeu swarm from drizzling down boos on their group.
- It was an a long way from perfect send-off in their last association round of 2018 preceding they travel to Abu Dhabi to guard their Club World Cup title.
LaLiga 2018-19– Match 5 of 10: Eibar vs Valencia
Result: 1 – 1
- Eibar: Charles 56′ (P)
- Valencia: Rodrigo 29′
|6||Shots On Target||4|
- Rodrigo’s first half goal for Valencia was undone by Ebar’s Charles who scored a wonderful penalty to draw level.
- More part ball possession and the shot-making came in the area of Eibar, but they were unable to use it to win the match.
Visit allsportspk later today, for the next matches of Match Day 16 of 38, LaLiga 2018-19.