Italian Serie A ’18-19 – Highlights: Unstoppable Ronaldo Tops The Goal Scoring Charts
These are the first two matches of of Serie A, Match Day 16 of 38. The highlights are appended below the points table.
For Complete team rankings, click here
Serie A – Match 1 of 10: Inter Milan vs Udinese
Result: 1 – 0
- Empoli: Mauro Icardi 76′ (P)
|Inter Milan||Team Stats||Udinese|
|4||Shots On Target||1|
- Mauro Icardi in the long run had the effect for Inter against Udinese with a brazen ‘Panenka’ style penalty after Seko Fofana’s handball.
- The Nerazzurri were hurting from their midweek Champions League exit, just illustration with PSV Eindhoven when a success would’ve killed Tottenham Hotspur. Matias Vecino and Radja Nainggolan still weren’t completely fit, yet Ivan Perisic was dropped for Keita Balde Diao. Udinese missed Samir, Emmanuel Badu, Svante Ingelsson and Lukasz Teodorczyk.
Inter Milan getting a 1-0 win today because of a penalty that was awarded after VAR picked up on a handball the referee missed. Hurts watching that when you’re a Newcastle fan and you know VAR could of stopped all the shit we’ve been through this season with refs ?? #NUFC ⚫️⚪️
— Ashley Robson ? (@AshRobson95) December 15, 2018
- Joao Mario’s preview was redirected over and from the subsequent Matteo Politano corner, Mauro Icardi’s header skimmed the far post.
- Seko Fofana captured a risky Joao Mario pull-back after propelled Sime Vrsaljko through ball, at that point Juan Musso stood out a trailing foot to repel Kwado Asamoah’s diverted exertion at the close stick.
- Vrsaljko put an amazing cross in from the privilege and Icardi could just brush it with a left-foot volley. Keita Balde kept running on to a Borja Valero through ball and saw his rising strike fingertipped over the bar by a flying Musso.
— Serpents of Madonnina (@SerpentsOfInter) December 15, 2018
- Udinese squandered a brilliant chance after the restart, as Fofana flooded down the privilege and pulled back for plain Rolando Mandragora, who fantastically impacted over from 13 yards.
- That was their first shot of the amusement, quickly pursued by another couple off focus from Rodrigo De Paul and Ter Avest, all made by Fofana discovering space down the right.
- Substitute Lautaro Martinez flagged an additionally assaulting methodology from Inter and Musso was again aware of stop him gesturing in at the close post.
— Kriscahya Rony (@kris_ron) December 15, 2018
- Bram Nuytinck’s frantic sliding tackle was on the ball to stop Icardi in the case, while Keita’s cross discovered Maurito for a free header that he some way or another diverted wide from six yards.
- VAR was utilized when Fofana bounced on a corner with his hand beside his head, an indiscreet thought under the most favorable circumstances, and Inter were granted a punishment. In spite of the significance of breaking the halt and his prior miss, Icardi demonstrated ice cool nerves to change over with a brassy ‘Panenka’ chip.
— Jimmy Watson (@CurvaNordSoul) December 15, 2018
- The two sides squandered promising possibilities in the last minutes, including a poor Ignacio Pussetto first touch with De Paul sending him clear on a ball over the best.
- On 89 minutes, Icardi’s jumping header transformed a Lautaro Martinez cross into the net, yet simply after he had meandered offside. He had another chance to finish his support, however the volley cut the crossbar after Musso fluttered at the Ivan Perisic cross.
Intermilan trying really hard to win by only one goal. This is the most corrupt team in the most corrupt league what a joke.
— Dave (@Dave70462182) December 15, 2018
- Entomb were still just 1-0 up and gambled bumbling the lead in stoppages when Pussetto penetrated wide.
Serie A – Match 2 of 10: Torino vs Juventus
Result: 0 – 1
- Juventus: Cristiano Ronaldo 70′ (P)
|3||Shots On Target||4|
- Cristiano Ronaldo changed over a punishment to give Juventus the Derby della Mole and their 5,000th Serie A goal, yet Torino had their own spot-kick advances.
- This is dependably an unpleasant competition and Toro were pushing for an Europa League spot, while Juve had dropped focuses in just a single Serie A match all season. Iago Falque fizzled a wellness test, so Simone Zaza began against his previous club. Rodrigo Bentancur sat out a boycott with Sami Khedira, Joao Cancelo and Juan Cuadrado harmed, so Emre Can got his first beginning since October.
- Juve have lost just a single of their last 13 Serie A visits to the Granata side of town, drawing two and winning the other 10.
#Torino 0-1 #Juventus FT : Disappointment again for Toro in the #DerbyDellaMole as Cristiano Ronaldo’s penalty wins the game for the visitors after a horrendous mistake by Simone Zaza. #TorinoJuventus
— Rob Gillman (@TorinoBlogger) December 15, 2018
- Salvatore Sirigu fell gracelessly after a push and required treatment for a few minutes on his hip. Still in clear torment, he got down on to a similar hip to play out a shocking save money on Cristiano Ronaldo’s volley at the close post and bothered it further. Following a few additional minutes of attempting to proceed with, he in the long run acknowledged the damage was excessively genuine and cleared a path for Ichazo.
- Torino were perilous from a set play, as Andrea Belotti thumped it once more from the by-line for a Mattia Perin one-gave spare, however Armando Izzo was not able complete it off from point-clear range.
More records broken by Juventus –
15th win of the season
100% away record (8/8)
First team in Serie A history to score 5000 goals pic.twitter.com/FscQIw7cv3
— Socios.com (@socios) December 15, 2018
- Zaza terminated directly at Perin and Cristiano Ronaldo’s free dismiss originated from the divider, while Ichazo covered a Giorgio Chiellini header at the close post.
- Straight after the restart, Blaise Matuidi bumbled as he endeavored to get on the finish of a Dybala cross, however Torino started to heap on some weight.
- Miralem Pjanic and Emre Can were both reserved for bringing down Belotti on the counter, so from set plays Armando Izzo’s header skimmed over the bar and a Belotti strike was redirected to skim the woodwork. Zaza had solid penalty offers waved away after he was abused by Alex Sandro, yet there was no VAR mediation.
— Hamid Asad (@hamid__07) December 15, 2018
- At the opposite end, Matuidi was again inefficient, neglecting to complete an Alex Sandro low cross from six yards, as Ichazo parried from point-clear range.
- Dybala ought to likewise have improved the situation, his tentative half-volley on a Mandzukic thump down ran after from 12 yards by Daniele Baselli.
- Be that as it may, there was a definitive mistake when Zaza under strain gave a horrible back-go to Ichazo, Mandzukic jumped and the goalkeeper cut him down. Cristiano Ronaldo changed over the punishment, despite the fact that Ichazo got his hand to it and the ball squirmed under the glove. CR7 then went to ridicule Ichazo and was reserved for this awful sportsmanship.
— JjZenika (@zenbhi) December 15, 2018
- It was a noteworthy objective, the 5,000th scored by Juventus in Serie A.
- Before long, Mandzukic had the ball in the back of the net from a Pjanic free kick, however it was denied for an offside position.
Visit allsportspk later today for the next matches of Match Day 16 of 38, Serie A 2018-19.