Spanish LaLiga ’18-19 – Highlights: Espanyol 2nd; Real Madrid Sinks To The 7th Spot
These are the next 4 matches of LaLiga, Match Day 9 of 38. The highlights are appended below the points table.
For Complete team rankings, click here
Match 6 of 10: Rayo Vallecano vs Getafe CF
Result: 1 – 2
- Rayo Vallecano: Raul de Tomas 74′
- Getafe CF: Dimitri Foulquier 63′, Sergio Akieme 67′ (OG)
|Rayo Vallecano||Team Stats||Getafe CF|
|3||Shots On Target||2|
- Getafe defeated Rayo Vallecano 2-1 on Sunday evening in a crotchety issue which included 39 fouls, eight yellow cards, one red and energy until the end.
- The LaLiga match just genuinely sprang into life on the hour check when Dimitri Foulquier put the guests ahead before a Sergio Akieme Rodriguez strike multiplied their lead in no time a short time later.
— Strive Sport (@StriveFootball) October 21, 2018
- Raul De Tomas divided the shortage with 16 minutes remaining and a short time later, it was a disorderly shutting act to the challenge.
- Melero Lopez thought that it was hard to keep his cards in his pocket and in that spell alone, doled out eight, including two yellows for Oscar Trejo.However, Getafe kept their self-control in the midst of the disorder to hang on for three points to lift them into the best half.
Goals: Foulquier (0-1, 63’), Akieme (OG, 0-2, 67’), De Tomas (1-2, 74’).
Stadium: Camp de Fútbol de Vallecas.
Dull first half, sensational second half. If Rayo played like they did for the last 15 minutes all season they’d be alright. pic.twitter.com/OZgBbqVR6C
— Sam Leveridge (@samleveridge) October 21, 2018
Match 7 of 10: Eibar vs Athletico Bilbao
Result: 1 – 1
- Eibar: Charles 17′ (P)
- Athletico Bilbao: Inaki Williams 21′
|Eibar||Team Stats||Athletico Bilbao|
|6||Shots On Target||3|
- Athletic Club began the 2018/19 season off with a triumph over Leganes, yet they have not won again from that point forward and have now gone seven matches without a win. As of late, they visited Basque neighbors Eibar at Ipurua and could just deal with a 1-1 draw.
- The group from Bilbao ought to most likely feel happy to take anything back up the AP-8 motorway, with Los Armeros having been the better side and having been the ones in the number one spot.
- VAR was counseled to enable Eibar to open the scoring in the seventeenth moment, with Inigo Martinez made a decision to have fouled Sergi Enrich, and with Charles venturing up and changing over the spot kick.
Eibar have been all over Bilbao in this first half and in the second half is usually where they find most of their goals having scored 70% of them in that half this season! Bilbao are yet to win away from home conceding 1.5 goals per game so we expect Eibar to find the net again.
— Football Super Tips (@FootySuperTips) October 21, 2018
- Athletic could level very quickly, as Inaki Williams completed well when getting through on goal in the 21st moment. Following that, however, Eibar retook the activity and finished the match with 18 shots and six of them on target, contrasted with the six and three of their visitors.
- The most obvious opportunity for the home side came in the 62nd moment, when Athletic goalkeeper Iago Herrerin needed to make two spares one after another from Fabian Orellana and afterward Joan Jordan. The meeting goalkeeper, who swapped Unai Simon for this one, was equivalent to everything with the exception of Charles’ punishment and earned his side a point.
Eibar’s a smart team, especially when it comes to combatting high balls, crosses etc. Athletic are a better side technically and need to show it – not get involved in a slugfest type situation.
— David Cartlidge (@davidjaca) October 21, 2018
Match 8 of 10: Huesca vs Espanyol
Result: 0 – 2
- Espanyol: Borja Iglesias 41′, 64′
|2||Shots On Target||2|
- Having spent an effective season on-loan with Real Zaragoza last season, Borja Iglesias has affectionate recollections of the area of Aragon and now he has another, having scored the support that moved Espanyol into second place.
- The striker scored the main two goals of the 2-0 win as his current group visited Aragonese side Huesca in LaLiga Santander. Only five minutes in he had an extraordinary shot, however he was hailed for offside.
Antonito scored the only goal as Real Valladolid edged Real Betis 1-0 while Espanyol secured a 2-0 win at bottom of the table Huesca #SSFootball
— SuperSport Blitz (@SuperSportBlitz) October 21, 2018
- However Iglesias did at long last score just before the half time break, changing over a Didac Vila cross in the 41st moment, regardless of whether this goal likewise must be checked by VAR for offside, with it chose there was none.
- Victor Sanchez at that point had a goal precluded for offside five minutes into the second half, before Iglesias made it 2-0 in the 64th moment, completing admirably when through one on one against Aleksandar Jovanovic.
Barça went on to win the league that year w/ 84 pts.
— Semra Hunter (@SemraHunter) October 21, 2018
- The rest of the amusement was a red hot undertaking, with fouls, appointments, VAR meetings and nine minutes of stoppage time.Yet Espanyol weathered the tempest and now sit second, only one point behind city rivals Barcelona.
Match 9 of 10: Real Betis vs Valladolid
Result: 0 – 1
- Valladolid: Antonito 35′
|Real Betis||Team Stats||Valladolid|
|4||Shots On Target||2|
- They may keep the ball superior to relatively every other group in Spain, yet Real Betis have a goalscoring issue and they by and by experienced a mental blackout against Real Valladolid, while being suckerpunched at the opposite end. The recently advanced side won 1-0 in Seville to move up into 6th place, having now won four matches consecutively.
- For Valladolid, there is an unmistakable course of action and it is working, though at Betis they have the third most astounding ball possesion rate in LaLiga, while having gotten the least goals, with only five.
Real Betis have not scored a goal in 10 first half games this season. No goal threat and sucker-punched on the break (again) to Real Valladolid. Antoñito, a Betis fan, with the goal.
— Colin Millar (@Millar_Colin) October 21, 2018
- On Sunday night they commanded ball possesion from the off, yet as regular they could not transform this into clear shots, not figuring out how to debilitate Jordi Masip until the 35th moment.
- Only one moment from that point forward, Valladolid hit Betis on the counter and they set up together an exquisite group move to do as such, with Leo Suarez and Toni Villa joining before Antonito touched base at the back post to complete it off.
Valladolid pretty much the worst team in LaLiga to fall being 0-1 to, when you’re at home. It’s going to be an extremely long half for Betis. It’s Lo Celso time already. Maybe even a second CF.
— David Cartlidge (@davidjaca) October 21, 2018
- Betis enhanced into the second half and Masip must be cognizant to deny Ryad Boudebouz and Sidnei, and also viewing a Boudebouz freekick shriek directly over the bar.
- In any case, in truth, Valladolid were never extremely awkward as they shielded their lead, one which they could nurture the distance to full-time for a paramount triumph.
Visit allsportspk tomorrow for the last match of Match Day 9 of 38, LaLiga 2018-19.