Spanish LaLiga ’18-19 – Highlights: Real Madrid & Barcelona Suffer Defeats On The Same Day
This is the next 4 matches of LaLiga, Match Day 7 of 38. The highlights are appended below the points table.
For Complete team rankings, click here
Match 3 of 10: Athletico Bilbao vs Villarreal
Result: 0 – 3
- Villarreal: Pablo Fornals 65′, Ramiro Funes Mori 80′, Karl Toko Ekambi 89′
|Athletico Bilbao||Team Stats||Villarreal|
|2||Shots On Target||6|
- This was a match that urgently required some action after a frustrating first half at the Estadio San Mames, and eventually that landed in the second-half as Athletic Club surrendered three times against Villarreal.
- Chances in the opening half, were at a premium and when they arrived, they were half shots, in the best case scenario.
#PLInternationalCup | 0-1 ? 65′ | GOOOOOOAAAAAAALL from the penalty spot by @mukwelle_akale!!! ???? Villarreal’s American striker wins the penalty and converts to give the Yellows the lead against @SwansOfficial U23s!
— Villarreal CF English (@Eng_Villarreal) September 26, 2018
- As the hosts hoped to pick up leverage, Pablo Fornals quieted the home group soon after the hour.
- With time running out for Los Leones and mentor Eduardo Berizzo willing them forward, Ramiro Funes Mori’s 2nd goal on 80 minutes for the Yellow Submarine thumped the stuffing out of Athletic.
- Ekambi’s 3rd goal in the last moment was the last nail in the casket.
A fantastic experience even if the result wasn’t kind to my friends here…
— Jody Rivers (@riversjodycoach) September 26, 2018
Match 4 of 10: Leganes vs Barcelona
Result: 2 – 1
- Barcelona: Philippe Coutinho 12′
- Leganes: Nabil El Zhar 52′, Oscar Rodriguez Arnaiz 53′
|6||Shots On Target||5|
- LaLiga pioneers Barcelona drooped to a stunning first loss of the season on Wednesday, enduring a 2-1 vanquish at battling Leganes in the wake of surrendering twice in two second-half minutes as mentor Ernesto Valverde’s squad turn reverse discharges.
- Philippe Coutinho gave the champs the lead in the 12th moment with a tasteful volley and Lionel Messi smacked a shot against the bar as Barca, resting Jordi Alba and Luis Suarez, made a solid beginning against Leganes, who started the match at the base of the table.
Barcelona lose a LaLiga away match as league leaders against the team who were bottom of the league at the time for the 1st time since 19 October 1986, a 1-0 defeat at CR Murcia. #LEGBAR #LeganesBarca @CDLeganes #FCBLive
— Gracenote Live (@GracenoteLive) September 26, 2018
- Barca’s agreeable hang on the match, significantly broke apart not long after the interim when Nabil El Zhar headed home a circling cross in the 52nd moment and 20-year-old Oscar Rodriguez turned in a 2nd goalscarcely sixty seconds after, to the delight of the 12,000 fans packed into the Butarque stadium.
- Leganes goalkeeper Ivan Cuellar pulled off a staggering double spare to impede Coutinho and Ivan Rakitic from short proximity in the ending minutes while Sergi Roberto skied a decent chance, as the unfancied guests clutched their record in their first top flight prevail upon Barcelona.
? Ernesto Valverde: “It’s a difficult moment, but Saturday’s game is important and in front of our own fans. We have to pick ourselves up and we hope everyone can help us” #LeganésBarça pic.twitter.com/9Ntitxjc5k
— FC Barcelona (@FCBarcelona) September 26, 2018
- The Catalans were playing a 4th round of a chaotic spell of seven matches in 23 days and despite the fact that they drew 2-2 at home to Girona after Valverde rested players, the mentor pivoted his side once more, acquiring Thomas Vermaelen for Alba to send a new back three.
- He additionally began without Suarez to give forward Munir El Haddadi a first aggressive beginning, since returning on loan from Alaves and Barca needed smoothness in advance despite the fact that they led the pack when Coutinho got a crossfield go from Messi and flicked the ball into the air before volleying home.
any body that wins bet9ja this midweek can be concluded he uses jazz…???
Man U Lost To Derby County..
Bayern Drew Augsburg…
Barcelona Lost To Leganes…#LeganésBarça
Liverpool Lost To Chelsea… #LIVCHE
Now Real Madrid is trailing 3-0 to Sevilla at the interval…
— Skinny Bad Guy™ ?? (@bright_adim) September 26, 2018
- Leganes had done well to restrain their deficiency to one goal and they came flying out of the squares after halftime, pursuing down their rivals with forceful squeezing.
- Vermaelen was gotten out of position when El Zhar headed in the equalizer and Gerard Pique was looked under lock and key minutes up some other time, enabling Rodriguez to hammer the ball into the top of the net and give Leganes, in their third season in the best flight, an impossible yet completely merited win.
Barcelona and Real Madrid haven’t both lost in the same round of games since January 2015 (when Valencia beat RM 2-1 and Real Sociedad beat Barça 1-0 in jornada 17).
— The Spanish Football Podcast (@tsf_podcast) September 26, 2018
Match 5 of 10: Valencia vs Celta Vigo
Result: 1 – 1
- Valencia: Michy Batshuayi 25′
- Celta Vigo: lago Aspas 82′
|Valencia||Team Stats||Celta Vigo|
|5||Shots On Target||3|
- Exactly when it looked like Valencia would get their first win of the season, Celta Vigo’s Iago Aspas flew up with a late equalizer.
- Michy Batshuayi had given Los Che the lead on the 25th minute, and with their guests willing to sit back, the hosts looked strong from a general point of view.
Elsewhere Valencia still looking for first win of season – in any competition – after Celta get late equaliser at Mestalla. Five draws and just four goals in first six LaLiga games for Los Che.
— Dermot Corrigan (@dermotmcorrigan) September 26, 2018
- Despite the fact that Celta had more ball possession, they did not take advantage of it, until a little ways from time when a sharp move put in Aspas who committed no error.
- Base club Real Valladolid are the main other group without a triumph this season, and the weight is mounting on Marcelino.
Batshuayi scored his first Valencia goal for the match to end in yet another draw.
— Andrea G. (@KakaAssist) September 26, 2018
Match 6 of 10: Sevilla vs Real Madrid
Result: 3 – 0
- Sevilla: Andre Silva 17′, 21′, Wissam Ben Yedder 39′
|Sevilla||Team Stats||Real Madrid|
|7||Shots On Target||3|
- Real Madrid bit the dust in a 3-0 crush at a widespread Sevilla on Wednesday, losing without precedent for LaLiga under mentor Julen Lopetegui and passing up on the opportunity to gain by Barcelona’s stun 2-1 vanquish at Leganes.
- Portuguese striker Andre Silva gave Sevilla the ideal begin against the European bosses and joint class pioneers by scoring from short proximity in the seventeenth moment after a mistake between Real’s out-of-shape protector Marcelo and midfielder Casemiro.
‘Do you know what was the result of the Sevilla-Real Madrid game. 3-0. Do you know what this means. 3-0. But also means three consecutive Champions League titles to Real Madrid in the last three years alone and nil for the amount of CL titles Sevilla have won in their history’ pic.twitter.com/GrwtOHk4dw
— Mou Consistency, Mou Trophies, Mou Heritage (@WhyAlwaysLukaku) September 26, 2018
- Milan loanee Silva jumped four minutes after poor goalkeeping from Thibaut Courtois, netting for the 6th time this season and moving above Lionel Messi as the best scorer in Spain, in spite of the fact that Gareth Bale nearly pulled one back for Real when his shot struck the post.
- Sevilla were persistent all through the primary half and after Franco Vazquez hit the bar, striker Wissam Ben Yedder scored in the 39th moment for his 6th objective in seven days.
Real Madrid fans tonight pic.twitter.com/3IlpA9zePY
— Troll Football (@TrollFootball) September 26, 2018
Visit allsportspk later today, for the next matches of Match Day 7 of 38, LaLiga 2018-19.