The Japanese tennis star and former world number 2 in US Open 2014, Kei Nishikori has been suffering from the corona virus since 16th August.
His retest on 22nd August also showed positive. His professional tennis career is at risk due to the disease.
Achievements of Nishikori:
- At the age of 30, Nishikori is at world rank 31 as per latest ranking.
- He is the only Japanese tennis player who has ever been in top 5 slots of the world ranking.
- He contested one US Open final in 2014 and two US Open semi finals in 2016 and 2018.
Nishikori’s Game Suspension due to Corona Virus:
- He had to cancel his participation in WSO Western and Southern Open 2020 after his first test report showed positive on 16th August.
- He availed second test on 22nd August which also showed positive thereby endangering his participation in USO US Open 2020 set to commence from 31st August.
- If he does not recover soon then he will not be able to contest any of the Grand Slam events during 2020. As per policy any player who shows positive test report can not contest any of the Grand Slam tournaments such as WSO, USO, Australian Open and Wimbledon.