||Australia Vs Zimbabwe
T20 Tri-Series – Match 6
| Match Basics
|T20 Tri-series – Match 6: Australia Vs Zimbabwe
|Date: 6th July, 2018
|Venue: Harare Sports Club
|Umpires: B Mavuta, D Wildermuth
|Toss won by: Zimbabwe, elected to bat first
| Scorecard Summary
|Zimbabwe’s Innings: 151/9 (20 Overs, RR: 7.55)
|Batting: Solomon Mire 63 off 52 balls, PJ Moor 30 off 29 balls, MN Waller, H Masakadza 13 off 12 balls
|Bowling: Billy Stanlake 2/21 in 4 overs, JA Richardson 2/32 in 4 overs, Andrew Tye 3/28 in 4 overs, JD Wildermuth 1/16 in 2 overs
|Target: 152 runs from 20 overs
|Australia’s Innings: 154/5 (19.5 Overs, RR: 7.76)
|Batting: Travis Head 48 off 42 balls, Glenn Maxwell 56 off 38 balls.
|Bowling: Muzarbani 3/21 in 4 overs, Tiripano 1/27 in 3.5 overs, Masakadza 1/32 in 4 overs.
|Result: Australia won by 5 wickets
|Man of the Match: Andrew Tye
|Highlights & Analysis
|Australia Vs Zimbabwe: 1st Innings
- After losing three consecutive matches, Zimbabwe were seeking redemption in their last match(Australia Vs Zimbabwe) of this series.
- On the other hand, Australia were intending to use this match as practise before facing Pakistan tomorrow for the final of this series.
- The pitch looked dry with some cracks appearing on the surface thus it was going to assist the bowlers.
- Surprisingly, Zimbabwe chose to bat first. Zhuwao and Solomon Mire opened the innings and Billy Stanlake was given the new ball by Finch.
- Zhuwao bagged a golden duck as Stanlake struck on the very first ball of the innings.
- The Zimbabwe captain, Masakadza joined Solomon Mire. Australia continued with their pacers and after a 21 run partnership, Richardson took the wicket of Masakadza.
- Musakanda joined Solomon Mire. The batsman looked aggressive from the start but Stanlake also got his wicket in the last over of the power play.
- At the end of power play, Zimbabwe were 3 wickets down with 44 runs on the board.
- Moor joined Solomon Mire. The pair added some more runs to that total but Australia had kept things on a back foot by not letting the batsmen score freely.
- Only 7 overs remained in the innings and this is when the two batsmen broke the shackles and started getting frequent boundaries.
- Both batsmen shared a 68 run partnership and took Zimbabwe’s total above a 100 runs. This partnership was a crucial point in this match(Australia Vs Zimbabwe).
- However, Moor could not hold on as Richardson finally claimed his wicket.
- Chigumbura joined Mire. Solomon Mire reached a well deserved half century but Chigumbura could only add two runs after which Tye claimed his wicket.
- The last 3 overs of the innings were quite eventful as 25 runs and 4 wickets fell as Zimbabwe finished on 151 runs in 20 overs.
Australia Vs Zimbabwe: 2nd Innings
- The target of 151 was below average, considering Australia’s explosive batting line-up. But, Zimbabwe was expected to give it all in order to achieve a consolation win.
- Aaron Finch and Alex Carey opened the innings and Wellington Masakadza was given the new ball by his captain.
- Both batsmen made a slow start to the innings as Masakadza struck in the third over to get the crucial wicket of Finch.
- Travis Head joined Alex Carey. But, this partnership lasted only 2 overs as Muzarbani struck to give Zimbabwe yet another wicket.
- Maxwell joined Head. Zimbabwe created some chances but the two batsmen remained well organised in their chase and brought up the 50 run stand in the eleventh over.
- The pair continued to add runs and some overs later, Maxwell brought up his half century as this match(Australia Vs Zimbabwe) tilted towards Australia’s side.
- However, Zimbabwe made a late comeback as Muzarbani got the wicket of Maxwell followed by Maddinson who fell to Tiripano in the very next over.
- With two overs and 14 runs to score, Stoinis joined Travis Head. Things became complicated once Head departed on 48 as Muzarbani claimed his 3rd scalp of the match.
- Australia required 7 runs to win from 6 balls with Stoinis and Agar on the crease and Tiripano to bowl the last over.
- Tirpano took the match to the very end but Stoinis heaved a low full toss to the boundary to win it for Australia.
This is the end of the Australia Vs Zimbabwe T20. Join allsportspk tomorrow for the final match of this T20 Tri-series. To see the tournament’s full schedule click here.
AJ Finch (Capt.)
AT Carey (Wkt.)
H Masakadza (Capt.)
PJ Moor (Wkt.)
|For updates regularly visit: Allsportspk