West Indies Vs Bangladesh 1st Test
||West Indies Vs Bangladesh
| Match Basics
|1st Test Match – Day 2: West Indies Vs Bangladesh
|Date: 5th July, 2018
|Venue: Sir Vivian Richards Stadium, North Sound, Antigua
|Umpires: Richard Kettleborough, Richard Illingworth
|Toss won by: West Indies, elected to field first
| Scorecard Summary
|West Indies 1st Innings: 406 all out (137.3 Overs, RR: 2.95)
|Performers – Day 2:
|Batting: Brathwaite 121 off 291 balls, Shai Hope 67 off 127 balls, Jason Holder 33 off 46 balls, Kemar Roach 33 off 50 balls
|Bowling: Abu Jayed 3/84 in 26.3 overs, Shakib al Hasan 2/71 in 27 overs, Mehidy Hasan Miraz 3/101 in 34 overs, Mahmudullah 1/18 in 11 overs
|Bangladesh 2nd Innings (continued): 62/6 (18 Overs, RR: 3.44)
|Performers – Day 2:
|Batting: Mahmudullah 15 off 29 balls, Shakib Al Hasan 12 off 18 balls
|Bowling: Jason Holder 2/15 in 9 overs, Shannon Gabriel 4/36 in 7 overs
|Highlights & Analysis
|West Indies Vs Bangladesh: West Indies 1st Innings (Continued)
- Grass was still present on the pitch and no cracks had opened up yet. This meant that batsmen would have a great time batting on this pitch for now.
- Play resumed as the nightwatchman, Bishoo and Brathwaite started the day’s play with Mahmudullah beginning the bowling for Bangladesh.
- Bishoo took the defensive approach and Brathwaite began to score runs from the other end.
- Both batsmen took the lead above 200. Bangladesh put a lid on runs for quite some time but it did not stop Brathwaite from from reaching his 7th Test hundred; A proud effort.
- 80 overs had gone by and the new ball became available.
- Bangladesh took it immediately and Abu Jayed was given the new ball in hopes of getting a breakthrough.
- Both batsmen defied the Bangladesh bowlers for quite some time until Kamrul Islam came into the attack and struck straightaway to remove Bishoo.
- Shai Hope joined Brathwaite. The pair added 25 runs to the total until lunch was called on Day 2.
- Play resumed after lunch and Shakib Al Hasan struck immediately as he removed Brathwaite and West Indies lost their seventh wicket.
- Dowrich joined Shai Hope but he departed four overs later to the same bowler i.e. Shakib.
- The West Indian captain, Jason Holder joined Shai Hope. Both batsmen added 48 runs to the innings as West Indies crossed 300 runs.
- This partnership was finally broken by Mehidy Hasan who ended Holder’s aggressive innings.
- Roach joined Shai Hope. Both batsmen took the lead above 350 runs and Shai Hope reached his half century.
- This stubborn partnership was broken by Mehidy Hasan who finally got the wicket of Roach.
- 2 overs later Hope also departed followed by Gabriel whose wicket was taken by Abu Jayed and West Indies were bowled for 406 runs.
West Indies Vs Bangladesh: Bangladesh 2nd Innings
- With a 362 run deficit, Bangladesh openers, Tamim Iqbal and Liton Das opened the innings and Holder started it off for West Indies.
- Tamim made a good start but only lasted for 3 overs as Gabriel got his wicket to provide West Indies with the initial breakthrough.
- Momin ul Haque joined Liton Das but could only last one ball as Gabriel claimed his 2nd wicket in the same over.
- Mushfiqur Rahim joined Liton Das. But, this partnership lasted only 2 overs as Holder struck to remove Liton Das.
- The captain Shakib Al Hasan joined Mushfiqur Rahim. But, the same story repeated itself as after two overs Mushfiqur departed as Gabriel claimed his 3rd wicket of the innings.
- Mahmudullah joined Shakib Al Hasan. Shakib survived Holder’s over and departed in the next one as Gabriel claimed his 4th wicket of the innings.
- At this point, Bangladesh were 5 wickets down with 44 runs on the board.
- Mahmudullah and Mehidy Hasan were on the crease. With about 6 overs left to go, both batsmen looked to save their wickets.
- But, Holder got the wicket of Mehidy Hasan to send Bangladesh 6 wickets down for 50 runs.
- Mahmudullah and the new batsman Nurul Hasan added 12 runs to the total as Bangladesh ended their day trailing 301 runs and only 4 wickets in hand.
West Indies Vs Bangladesh – 1st Test: Day 1 – West Indies Dominate
This is the end of Day 2 of West Indies Vs Bangladesh 1st Test. Join Allsportspk tomorrow for Day 3 of West Indies Vs Bangladesh 1st Test.
JO Holder (Capt.)
SO Dowrich (Wkt.)
Kamrul Islam Rabbi
Mehidy Hasan Miraz
Nurul Hasan (Wkt.)
Shakib Al Hasan (Capt.)
|For updates regularly visit: Allsportspk
error: Content is protected !!