West Indies Vs Sri Lanka 3rd Test
||West Indies Vs Sri Lanka
| Match Basics
|3rd Test Match – Day 1: West Indies Vs Sri Lanka
|Date: 23rd June, 2018
|Venue: Kensington Oval, Bridgetown, Barbados
|Umpires: Richard Kettleborough, Ian Gould
|Toss won by: West Indies, elected to bat first
| Scorecard Summary
|West Indies’s 1st Innings: 132/5 (46.3 Overs, RR: 2.83)
|Performers – Day 1:
|Batting: Shane Dowrich 60* off 101 balls, Jason Holder 33* off 70 balls.
|Bowling: Lakmal 2/42 in 15 overs, Rajitha 2/36 in 10.3 overs, Kumara 1/40 in 16 overs.
|Highlights & Analysis
|West Indies Vs Sri Lanka: WI 1st Innings
- With the series on the line and the exclusion of their Test captain, Chandimal, Sri Lanka hoped to put on a good show on Day 1 of this test against West Indies.
- On the other hand, West Indies had the chance to start off on a positive note and create history by winning this test.
- The pitch looked lively and full of grass, basically a paradise for bowlers. However, after winning the toss West Indies captain Jason Holder chose to bat first.
- Devon Smith and Brathwaite opened the innings and Sri Lankan captain, Lakmal started the innings with the new ball.
- Smith’s batting woes continued as Lakmal got an early breakthrough in the 1st over and West Indies lost their 1st wicket.
- Powell joined Brathwaite. But, this partnership could only last 5 runs as Lakmal struck again to get rid of Brathwaite.
- And, in the very next over, Kumara got the wicket of Powell and suddenly West Indies scorecard read 8/3 in 6 overs.
- Shai Hope and Roston Chase were now present on the crease. This is when rain came and after less than an hour, play resumed.
- Lakmal and Kumara continued to bowl successive overs but couldn’t snuff another wicket. This is when the Sri Lankan captain, Lakmal brought on Rajitha.
- It was a smart move and it worked straightaway as Rajitha uprooted Roston Chase’s middle stump and West Indies lost their 4th wicket.
- Shane Dowrich joined Shai Hope. Both batsmen started playing their shots and held their composure till the end of the 1st session.
- But, in the 2nd session, Rajitha struck again to dismiss Shai Hope and West Indies lost their 5th wicket.
- The West Indian captain, Jason Holder joined Shane Dowrich. Both batsmen shared a valuable partnership of 35 runs before rain halted play once again.
- Play resumed after rain stopped. Both batsmen continuing to defy Sri Lankan bowlers and soon raised their 50 run partnership along with Dowrich who reached his 7th test fifty.
- This is when rain stopped play once again and this time it didn’t stop and stumps were called as Day 1 ended with Sri Lanka on top.
Join Allsportspk tomorrow for Day 2 of West Indies Vs Sri Lanka 3rd Test.
JO Holder (Cpt.)
SO Dowrich (Wkt.)
DM de Silva
N Dickwella (Wkt.)
RAS Lakmal (Capt.)
|For updates regularly visit: Allsportspk
error: Content is protected !!