Wimbledon 2018 Highlights: Day 5; Round of 32 – 1st Half Singles
Allsportspk presents to you the 1st half of round of 32 of men’s and women’s singles of Wimbledon 2018.
Single’s: Kevin Anderson vs Philipp Kohlschreiber
Result: Kevin Anderson defeated Philipp Kohlschreiber by 6-3, 7-5, 7-5.
- It was an eye catching performance between Kevin Anderson and Philipp Kohlschreiber as they both gave an outstanding performance throughout the match.
- The South African player, Kevin Anderson took a perfect start by opening the scoring of the first set with a brilliant shot.
South Africa’s Kevin Anderson advanced to fourth round of Wimbeldon tennis championships. The eighth seed beat Germany’s Philipp Kohlschreiber 6-3, 7-5, 7-5. Will play the winner of the match between Sam Querry of the US and France’s Gael Monfils in next round. #sabcnews
— Anton Snyman (@anton_snyman) 6 July 2018
- On the other hand, Philipp Kohlschreiber was struggling hard to score points.
- However, the set eventually came to an end after some time and Kevin Anderson sealed his victory in the first set by three points upfront.
It’s a straight-sets victory for eighth seed Kevin Anderson.
He’s defeated Philipp Kohlschreiber 6-3, 7-5, 7-5 to advance to the last 16.
— BBC Tennis (@bbctennis) 6 July 2018
- The second set started after a short break and again Kevin Anderson took the lead as Philipp Kohlschreiber failed to score on his serve.
- However, both the players were scoring points at a very fast pace and the match became more exciting when the score was equalized 5-5.
— Tenis en Movistar+ (@MovistarTenis) 6 July 2018
- But in the end, it was Philipp Kohlschreiber who lost the last two points in a quick succession and the match moved to the third set.
- In the third set, a tough battle was again witnessed as both of them were scoring points at a very fast pace.
#SouthAfrican through to #Wimbledon last 16: #SouthAfrica‘s number eight seed #KevinAnderson has made it into the last 16 with a straight sets (6-3, 7-5, 7-5) win over #Germany‘s #PhilippKohlschreiber – who was seeded number 25 pic.twitter.com/Ze3znnDjB1
— Stream Africa (@Stream_Africa) 6 July 2018
- However, bad luck again struck the German, Philipp Kohlschreiber as he lost the third set too by dropping the last two points in a succession.
- Kevin Anderson finally made it to the round of 16 where he will play against Gael Monfils at Wimbledon 2018.
Single’s: Alexander Zverev vs Taylor Fritz
Result: Alexander Zverev defeated Taylor Fritz by 6-4, 5-7, 6-7(0), 6-1, 6-2.
- The American, Taylor Fritz opened the scoring of the first set, however, he failed to extend it large enough for his opponent.
- Although, Alexander Zverev faced a tough fight, but in the end he managed to win the set as he scored the last two points in a quick succession.
Wimbledon | Alexander Zverev (🇩🇪) sufrió más de la cuenta pero se vio favorecido con la suspensión de ayer a falta de luz, en la reanudación de hoy remontó y venció a Taylor Fritz (🇺🇸) por 6-4,5-7,6-7,6-1,6-2 y avanzó a 3R por tercer año seguido. pic.twitter.com/RvVjuMpA9X
— Drive Cruzado (@DriveCruzado) 6 July 2018
- However, Taylor Fritz gave a tough time to Alexander Zverev in the next set and eventually won it in the end by a margin of two points.
- A sensational battle was witnessed in the third set as the set eventually came to a tie-breaker after the scores were levelled at 6-6.
- The 21-year old, German again faced defeat in the third set and the match moved on to the fourth set.
#Germany‘s #AlexanderZverev, No. 4 seed, on Friday battled past #UnitedStates‘ #TaylorFritz into #Wimbledon‘s third round after winning 6-4, 5-7, 6-7(0), 6-1, 6-2. – https://t.co/XUjTXYbmz8#DamirDzumhur #darkness #France #KevinAnderson #Championships #OMMCOM NEWS
— Ommcom News (@OmmcomNews) 6 July 2018
- Alexander Zverev came in action in the next set as he did not let Taylor Fritz score more than a single point throughout the match.
- However, Taylor Fritz opened the scoring of the fifth set but he failed to extend it again for the German star.
‘That was tremendous!’
Alexander Zverev won an epic 31-shot rally on his way victory.
— BBC Sport (@BBCSport) 6 July 2018
- Alexander Zverev again gave him a terrible defeat by 6-2 in the end and finally booked his place into the next round.
- Alexander Zverev will now face Ernests Gulbis in his next match of Wimbledon 2018.
Single’s: Gael Monfils vs Sam Querrey
Result: Gael Monfils defeated Sam Querrey by 5-7, 6-4, 6-4, 6-2.
- Sam Querrey opened the scoring of the first set and was scoring points at a very fast pace.
- However, Gael Monfils was also scoring points quickly but he failed to win the set in the end as Sam Querrey scored the last two points in a quick succession.
- In the second set, Sam Querrey again took the lead. However, both of them again gave each other a tough time while playing.
- In the end, it was the Frenchmen, Gael Monfils who won the set by scoring the last two points quickly.
- Sam Querrey again took a brilliant start in the third start by taking the lead but this time he was scoring points at a very slow pace.
#Wimbledon 🏴🇬🇧 Día 5 #ATP S 3R
Gael Monfils 🇫🇷 supera su propia barrera histórica del torneo y se apunta por primera vez a la 4R en suelo londinense.
57 64 64 62 sobre Sam Querrey.pic.twitter.com/mSU8vcLDEQ
— 🇲🇽 Badillo Nieto ® (@BadilloNieto) 6 July 2018
- In the end, bad luck again struck Sam Querrey as he lost the set in the end by dropping the last two points in a succession.
- The match came to the fourth set and this time Gael Monfils took the lead as Sam Querrey failed to score point on his serve.
Gaël Monfils is into the fourth round of Wimbledon! 🙌🏽 He beats Sam Querrey 5-7, 6-4, 6-4, 6-2 in just over 2 hours! 💪🏽 Impressive performance from Gaël today! 👏🏽 Up next: Kevin Anderson #Wimbledon – Pic from Gaël’s IG page pic.twitter.com/sPEOeZPbNQ
— Chad (@CCSMOOTH13) 6 July 2018
- The American player, Sam Querrey faced a humiliating defeat in the fourth set as he failed to score more than a total of two points throughout the set.
- Gael Monfils finally made it to the round of 16 where he will face Kevin Anderson in Wimbledon 2018.
🏆 It’s been a fantastic week for French maverick Gael Monfils !
— YO BET IT (@Yobetit) 6 July 2018
Single’s: Stefano Tsitsipas vs Thomas Fabbiano
Result: Stefano Tsitsipas defeated Thomas Fabbiano by 6-2, 6-1, 6-4.
- The 19-year old Greek No.1 ranked player, Stefano Tsitsipas gave an absolute and outstanding performance throughout the match.
- Thomas Fabbiano opened the scoring of the first set as Stefano Tsitsipas failed to score on his serve.
- However, Stefano Tsitsipas started scoring after some time and was scoring at a very fast pace.
A Greek man once again gets into the fourth round of a major since 2004.
— New Fanzone (@NewFanzone) 6 July 2018
- In the end, the Italian player, Thomas Fabbiano failed to win the set as he lost a number of points on his serve.
- The second set started and this time Stefano Tsitsipas took the lead with a brilliant forehand shot.
- However, Thomas Fabbiano continued to lose points as Stefano Tsitsipas was in great form today.
Tsitsipas will face Isner or Albot. pic.twitter.com/f0KkxY2roI
— Live Tennis (@livetennis) 6 July 2018
- At last, Stefano Tsitsipas gave a humiliating defeat to Thomas Fabbiano as he failed to recover more than a single point throughout the set.
- The third set started and this time Thomas Fabbiano took the lead.
- However, a tough match was witnessed between the two players as they both were scoring points quickly.
Tsitsipas @StefTsitsipas at his first time in the main draw at Wimbledon is into the fourth round after beating Thomas #Fabbiano 6-2, 6-1, 6-4. #Tsitsipas #Wimbledon 👏👏👏💪💪💪🍾🍾🍾 pic.twitter.com/w1DDpk40G9
— ΝοτιοΔιαδικτυωμένος (@diadiktyomenos_) 6 July 2018
- But in the end, Stefano Tsitsipas again defeated Thomas Fabbiano by scoring the last two points in a quick succession.
- Stefano Tsitsipas booked his place into the round of 16 of Wimbledon 2018 where his next match is yet to be decided.
For Women’s Singles highlights move to the next page!