Women’s Asia Cup T20 2018
Match Wise Summary
Result: Bangladesh Women won by 3 wickets
- India’s 1st Innings: 112/9 (20 Overs, RR: 5.60)
- Batting: H Kaur 56 off 42 balls.
- Bowling: Rumana Ahmed 2/22 in 4 overs, Khadija Tul Kubra 2/23 in 4 overs, Salma Khatun 1/24 in 4 overs.
- Bangladesh’s 1st Innings: 113/7 (20 Overs, RR: 5.65)
- Batting: Rumana Ahmed 23 off 22 balls, Nigar Sultan 27 off 24 balls.
- Bowling: Poonam Yadav 4/9 in 4 overs, H Kaur 2/19 in 2 overs.
- After winning the toss and electing to field first, Bangladesh Women put up an excellent bowling performance to restrict India Women to 112 runs in 20 overs.
- Rumana Ahmad and Khadija led the attack collecting 2 wickets each which led to the collapse of Indian Women’s batting line-up.
- Kaur was the only player to stand up and score a fifty for her team which gave Indian Women to have something to defend.
- Bangladesh Women got off to a good start in the 2nd innings. But after sharing a 35-run partnership both openers fell to Poonam in the same over.
- Poonam also took the next wicket in the 12th over to put pressure on the Bangladesh Women.
- This is where the crucial partnership of this match was shared between Rumana and Nigar. Both players got out shortly but their cameos allowed Bangladesh Women to win by 3 wickets.
- Rumana Ahmed was awarded the man of the match for her exceptional all-round performance.
— AsianCricketCouncil (@ACCMedia1) June 10, 2018
Two needed off the final ball! The emotions of the Bangladesh men’s side as they watch the women clinch the Asia Cup
— ESPNcricinfo (@ESPNcricinfo) June 10, 2018
This is as historic as anything in Bangladesh cricket. Just a gentle reminder, Indian women get 18 times salary than Bangladesh women. For England it is 22 times, for Australia this is 26 times.
— Amlan Mostakim (@AmlanMostakim) June 10, 2018
The points table of Women’s Asia Cup T20 2018 is as follows:
|Sri Lanka Women||5||2||3||0||4||+0.891|
For updates regularly visit allsportspk