The first round of the Gladiators WESPA Youth Cup scrabble came to a conclusion after all 16 teams completed respective group matches.
Pakistan who had already qualified to the quarter finals by beating Philippines and Romania kept their unbeaten record intact by winning a hard fought battle against Hong Kong by 22 games to 14. Hasham Hadi was the hero winning 5 of his six games while Imaad Ali, Usman Shaukat and Ali Salman each winning four of their six games.
Pakistan finished on top of Group A with 89 wins in the first round. This is the highest number of wins any team has managed in the tournament so far. India was on top of Group B with 73 wins.
Scheduled Quarter Finals:
- – Pakistan is scheduled to play Singapore
- – India will play Malaysia
- – Sri Lanka to play Nigeria
- – Thailand plays Hong Kong
- All matches will be streamed live on Facebook and online results can be seen at www.youthscrabble.org.
The championship formerly called the World Youth Scrabble Championship is being played online and organized by Pakistan from control room located at Pharmevo house.