The week Matchday 1 matches of 2022–23 English Premier League were held from 5th till 7th August. Allsportspk presents the main highlights and statistics.
Main Matchday 1 Highlights
- – As per the points table, Tottenham Hotspurs leads.
- – The defending champions – Manchester City defeated West Ham 2-0 at London Stadium. Erling Haaland scored twice on his debut to earn 3 points.
- – Arsenal won 2–0 against Crystal Palace. Gabrielle Martenelli opened the scoring at the 2oth minute and was followed by an own goal from Marc Guehi at the 85th minute.
- – Last year’s runner-up Liverpool had to share points with the newly promoted Fulham as they drew 2-2. Aleksander Mitrovic gave Fulham the lead twice but Darwin Nunez and Mohammed Salah equalized for Liverpool.
- – Tottenham Hotspurs outclassed Southampton 4-1 at the Tottenham Hotspurs stadium. Ryan Sessegnon, Eric Dier, Dejan Kuluveski, and an own goal from Mohammed Salisu cumulated Tottenham’s 4 goals whereas James Ward-Prowse scored the only goal for Southampton.
- – Chelsea defeated Everton 1-0 with main credit to Jorginho’s penalty at the brink of halftime.
- – Manchester United had a disappointing start, as they were defeated 1-2 by Brighton at Old Trafford. Pasical Grob scored twice for Brighton, United’s only goal came from Alexis Mac Allister’s won goal.
Matchday 1 Top Goal Scorers
|1||Erling Haaland||Manchester City||2|
Matchday 1 Top Assist Providers
Danny Welback, Darwin Nunez, Dejan Kuluveski Emerson Royal, Hwang Hee-chan, Jack Harrison, Jamie Vardy, Jeolinton, Kenny Tete, Lloyd Kelly, Mohammed Salah, Moussa Dejenepo, Zinchenko, Rico Henry and Heung-min Son lead the assist table list with 1 assist.
Points Table Ending Matchday 1
P = Matches Played
W = Win
D = Draw
L = Lose
GD = Goal Difference
Pts = Points