The Squads have been announced for the 3rd encounter of the Pakistan’s Virtual Scrabble Bilateral Series to be played between Pakistan and Kenya on Sunday – 14th July.
The last two online Battle of Minds were between Pakistan Vs South Africa and Pakistan Vs Nigeria. The major upset was Pakistan Team A defeating the Nigerian Team which is rated No. 1 in the Scrabble world.
While talking exclusively to Allsportspk, the head of online Scrabble Series selection committee Mr. Tariq Pervez said that, “the basic objective of the committee members was to ensure that based on the last two showdowns, the performance remains the prime focus and where ever possible to give opportunity to other players with potential.”
- Moiz Baig – the former world youth champion is not included as for personal reasons he is unavailable.
- M. Inshal who was absent for similar reasons last week will play instead of Moiz.
- Saim Waqar was relegated to team B while Taha Mirza the top finisher in group B against Nigeria last week has been elevated to team A
- Ahmed Salik makes an appearance in team A.
- Three youngsters Aehzam Ahmed, Noor Shaukat and Ali Salman have been named in place of players who played against Nigeria. Aehzam had last week won the 10th Pakistan Weekly Domestic Virtual Scrabble Tournament.
- Noor Shaukat has been given the Pakistan bilateral series colour and becomes the first female to earn a distinction of representing Pakistan.
The selection committee wished the squad with best of wishes and especially hoped that the selection of young Noor will inspire other females players to try harder and make a mark.
According to the Bilateral Series rules:
- Each nation will have two teams (A & B) playing.
- Both teams together will have in total 20 players. Each team A & B will consist of 10 players.
- Each team member will play 10 games each, thereby in total there will be 100 games in each group. And 200 games in Groups A and B combined.