Fakhar Zaman, Ahmed Shehzad, Haris Sohail, Shoaib Malik, Asif Ali, Hussain Tallat, Sarfraz Ahmed, Captain) (WK), Fahim Ashraf, Shadab Khan, Muhammad Nawaz, Muhammad Amir, Hassan Ali, Rahat Ali, Usman Shanwari, Shaheen Shah Afridi.
- Ahmad Shahzad – He has no place in the national team and investing any further time and resources on him, will be a very expensive and unwise decision.
- Haris Sohail – Absolutely not an international T20 material. However, against the weak teams of Scotland, Nepal and Zimbabwe many such players can show performance, but our selectors must allow the abundant new/raw talent like Agha Salman of Lahore Qalanders, to have a go, in such matches to get a flair of international level experience. Such matches must be considered as an opportunity for the raw players, rather than dishing out favours to the spent cartridges.
- Sarfaraz Ahmad – He is trying his level best to prove that his time is over. If at all he must play, then he should open the innings. Do not forget that Moin Khan selected him as a reserve opener for the 2015 ODI WC in Australia; and as an opening batsman his performance in the World Cup match vs South Africa was superlative.
- Muhammad Amir – Why an unfit and tired fast bowler is being further consumed against the Scotland’s team?
- Rahat Ali – Our coach must be made answerable on this selection, when he has openly declared his policy that no weak fielder will be selected in the national team. Why not give a chance to the 15 years old tearaway fast bowler Nasim Shah, from Peshawar, whose lethal rising deliveries filmed in the video attached below speaks volumes about his talent.
With so much mess created by our selectors and our team management, in the selection of the squad for the T20 matches against Scotland, it is high time that Mr. Najam Sethi must sack the entire selection committee and the Coach and bring in competent and visionary persons, to replace these guys, without wasting any further time.
Mr. Syed Nayyar Uddin Ahmad: A Lahore based free lance person who writes on cricket affairs and current affairs. He also appears on TV and Radio as an analyst on varied national and international topics particularly cricket.
For updates regularly visit: Allsportspk