French Open 2018 Highlights: Day 9 – 1st Half
Some sensational performances and phenomenal players were seen today at the French Open 2018. Rafael Nadal from Men’s Tennis and Simona Halep from Women’s Tennis made it to quarterfinals of the French Open.
This is the first half of the French Open Match Highlights of Day 9. In case, if you have missed the highlights of the day 8 of French Open click the link below:
Allsportspk presents to you the match highlights of the first half of the 9th day of the French Open as it happened on Monday which are as follows:
Men’s Tennis Highlights
Match: Diego Schwartzman Vs Kevin Anderson
Result: Diego Schwartzman defeated Kevin Anderson at the French Open by 1-6, 2-6, 7-5, 7-6(0), 6-2.
- An absolute and outstanding match was played today between the Argentine, Diego, and the South African player, Kevin Anderson, in the round of 16.
- Kevin took a brilliant start by winning the first set by 6-1. It looked that Kevin would win the match as he stroke 19 aces in the whole match.
- However, Diego again tried hard to beat the South African but failed to do so.
- Kevin Anderson was now leading the Diego by 2-0. The third set started and Kevin took the lead but Diego recovered the points in a very less time and soon won the set by 7-5.
- After the break, the fourth set started and both the players started gaining points one after the other. At last, the set was decided on a tie which Diego won again.
- Now it was all down to the fifth set as the sets were now equalized. The fifth set started and the Argentine took the lead. Kevin was way behind and eventually lost the set by 6-2.
- Diego Schwartzman booked his place in the quarterfinal of the French Open 2018 where he will be playing against the Spaniard, Rafael Nadal, also known as the king of clay.
Match: Rafael Nadal Vs Maximilian Marterer
Result: Rafael Nadal defeated Maximilian Marterer the French Open 2018 by 6-3, 6-2, 7-6(4) .
- Rafael Nadal as usual played at his best in the match against the German star, Maximilian Marterer.
- Although, Nadal won all the sets but Maximilian was a very tough opponent to beat.
- In the first set, Maximilian took the lead by 2 points but Nadal recovered the points immediately after some time. The set was tough for Nadal but at last he won it by 6-3.
- Rafael Nadal was looking forward to the second set as he now took the lead and Marterer failed to catch him. Soon Nadal won the second set too by 6-2.
- It was the last chance for Maximilian in the third set because if he lost it, he would have been out of the French Open.
- As the third set started, both the players played very well and were scoring points one after the other. Soon the match came to a tie-break.
- The tie-break was also tough for Rafael as Maximilian wasn’t giving up. But eventually Nadal won on tie-break by 7-6(4).
— KingOfClay™ (@Rafaholics) June 4, 2018
- It was a very close match as both the players gave their best in all the sets.
- However, Rafael Nadal made it to the next round of the French Open 2018 and will now face Diego Schwartzman of Argentina in the quarterfinal.
Women’s Tennis Highlights
Match: Angelique Kerber Vs Caroline Garcia
Result: Angelique Kerber defeated Caroline Garcia by 6-2, 6-3.
- An exquisite performance was seen on the clay court today from the German Tennis player, Angelique Kerber, as she defeated Caroline in the first two sets.
- Caroline played well but failed to make it to the next round of the French Open.
- In the first set, Angelique took the lead and eventually won the set by 6-2 as Garcia wasn’t able to catch him.
- Both the players made one double faults in the whole match which showed that how accurate they were on the court today.
- Caroline took the lead in the second set but Angelique caught her up in a very short time and soon won the set by 6-3.
- It was a win for the German player as she proceeded to the quarterfinals of the French Open 2018.
- Match of Angelique Kerber in the quarterfinal is still to be finalized.
Match: Simona Halep Vs Elise Mertens
Result: Simona Halep defeated Elise Mertens by 6-2, 6-1.
- What a sensational and an absolute performance it was by the Romanian Tennis player and currently World No.1, Simona Halep, today in the match against Elise Mertens.
- Simona looked in quite good form and cheered the crowd by defeating her opponent in a row.
- The first set started and Simona took the lead easily. She scored points like it was a piece of cake for her and won the first set from Elise Mertens by 6-2.
- The Belgian, Elise, played well in the previous matches but today her luck wasn’t there for her.
- The second set started and again Simona was in front. Elise tried to grab some points but Simona didn’t let her do so and won the set by 6-1.
- It was a terrific defeat for Elise Mertens as now she was out of the French Open.
- Simona Halep booked her place in the quarterfinals of the French Open 2018. Her match is still to be decided.
Above were the highlights of the first half of the 9th day of Men’s and Women’s Tennis. Do join allsportspk, as soon as possible, so that you can see the French Open 2018 day 10.
For updates regularly visit: Allsportspk