On Day-7 of the ICC Women’s T20 World Cup, two matches were played, and twelve out of twenty-three group matches have been played as of now.
On Day 8 of the Women’s World Cup, the following game from Group A will be played:
- Sri Lanka Women vs India Women
The Day-7 two match overview is as follows:
| Match #11 |
South Africa Women vs Thailand Women
Toss won by: South Africa Women
|Scorecard Summary |
|South Africa Women’s Innings: 195/3 (20 Overs, RR: 9.75)|
|– Batting: L Lee 101 off 60 balls and S Luus 61 off 41 balls|
|– Bowling: R Padunglerd 1/19 in 3 overs and S Laomi 1/39 in 4 overs|
|Target: 196 runs from 20 overs|
|Thailand Women’s Innings: 82/10 (19.1 Overs, RR: 4.27)|
|– Batting: O Kamchomphu 26 of 21 balls|
|– Bowling: S Luus 3/15 in 4 overs and S Ismail 3/8 in 3.1 overs|
|Result: South Africa Women won by 113 runs|
|Player of the Match: Lizelle Lee|
| Match #12 |
Pakistan Women vs England Women
Toss won by: Pakistan Women
|Scorecard Summary |
|England Women’s Innings: 158/7 (20 Overs, RR: 8.9)|
|– Batting: HC Knight 62 off 47 balls and NR Sciver 36 off 29 balls|
|– Bowling: Aimen Anwer 3/30 in 4 overs and Nida Dar 2/43 in 4 overs|
|Target: 159 runs from 20 overs|
|Pakistan’s Women Innings: 116/10 (19.4 overs, RR: 5.9)|
|– Batting: Aliya Riaz 41 off 33 balls|
| – Bowling: A Shrubsole 3/25 in 4 overs and S Glenn 3/15 in 4 overs |
Result: England Women won by 42 runs
Player of the match: Heather Knight
|Day 7-Points Table|
Points table overview
- The Indian Women remain unbeaten after three games and with just one game to go against the Sri Lankan Women, they look sure to top the table. They are through to the semi-finals as well
- The Australian Women are second now, and they need to beat the Kiwi Women in their last group game to at least stand second. Their high run rate provides them an edge over the other teams too as well.
- New Zealand Women need to win two on two in order to make it to the semi finals.
- Both Bangladesh and Sri Lankan Women barely stand a chance to make it to the semis and need to pull off miraculous performances if they want to make it big.
- The South Africa Women’s thumping win over Thailand have almost got them through as they not only have a perfect winning record, but their net run rate is exceptionally good as well.
- England on the other hand need to beat West Indies to make it through. They are at the second place.
- West Indies need to beat both England and South Africa to top the table. They at least need to beat England to have something in their feather and a good run rate would ensure their berth in the semi-finals.
- Pakistan are fourth at the moment and they need to beat both South Africa and Thailand in their group games to make it through.
- Thailand have lost three out of three and are eliminated from the contest already. Their only group game is left against Pakistan.
For Day-8 Updates, keep following Allsportspk