On Day-8 of the ICC Women’s T20 World Cup, two matches were played, and fourteen out of twenty-three group matches have been played as of now.
On Day-9 of the Women’s World Cup, the following game from Group B will be played:
- Pakistan Women vs South Africa Women
- England Women vs West Indies Women
The Day-8 two match overview is as follows:
| Match #13 |
New Zealand Women vs Bangladesh Women
Toss won by: New Zealand Women
|New Zealand Women’s Innings: 91/10 (18.2 Overs, RR: 4.96)|
|– Batting: RH Priest 25 off 32 balls and Suzie Bates 15 off 14 balls|
|– Bowling: Ritu Moni 4/18 in 4 overs and Salma Khatun 3/7 in 2.2 overs|
|Target: 92 runs from 20 overs|
|Bangaldesh Women’s Innings: 74/10 (19.5 Overs, RR: 3.73)|
|– Batting: Nigar Sultana 21 off 26 balls|
| – Bowling: LM Kasperek 3/23 in 3.5 overs and HNK Jensen 3/11 in 4 overs |
|Result: New Zealand Women won by 17 runs|
|Player of the Match: Hayley Jensen|
| Match #14 |
India Women vs Sri Lanka Women
Toss won by: Sri Lanka Women
|Sri Lanka Women’s Innings: 113/9 (20 Overs, RR: 5.65)|
|– Batting: AC Jayangani 33 off 24 balls and WK Dilhari 25 off 16 balls|
|– Bowling: RP Yadav 4/23 in 4 overs and RS Gayakwad 2/18 in 4 overs|
|Target: 114 runs from 20 overs|
|India’s Women Innings: 116/3 (14.4 overs, RR: 7.9)|
|– Batting: Shafali Verma 47 off 34 balls and Smriti Mandhana 17 off 12 balls|
| – Bowling: KDU Prabodhani 1/13 in 4 overs and H Siriwardene 1/42 in 4 overs|
Result: India Women won by 7 wickets
Player of the match: Radha Yadav
|Day 6-Points Table|
Points Table Overview
- The Indian Women remain unbeaten after four games and have top the Group A. They will play the team finishing second in Group B in the semi-finals.
- The New Zealand Women won an important game against Bangladesh to keep themselves in the contest. They will have an important face-off against Australia and the team that wins will finish second and make it through to the semis.
- The Australian women are third and they need to beat New Zealand in what can technically be called a quarter-final as well.
- Both Bangladesh and Sri Lankan Women have been eliminated from the contest and they will be playing a rather meaningless game two days later.
- The South Africa Women’s thumping win over Thailand have almost got them through as they not only have a perfect winning record, but their net run rate is exceptionally good as well.
- England on the other hand need to beat West Indies to make it through. They are at the second place.
- West Indies need to beat both England and South Africa to top the table. They at least need to beat England to have something in their feather and a good run rate would ensure their berth in the semi-finals.
- Pakistan are fourth at the moment and they need to beat both South Africa and Thailand in their group games to make it through.
- Thailand have lost three out of three and are eliminated from the contest already. Their only group game is left against Pakistan.
For Updates, Keep Following Allsportspk