A total of 2 matches were played today of the ongoing FIFA World Cup 2018 friendly matches. The match wise highlights of all 2 matches are appended below.
Match Wise Highlights
Match 1 Of 2: Senegal Vs South Korea
Result: 2 – 0
- Senegal: Kim Young-Gwon 67′ (OG), Konaté 90’+1 (P)
- Senegal were victorious in their match today after South Korea’s under-par performance allowed them to dominate.
- This was the last match of Senegal before the upcoming FIFA World Cup 2018.
- The 1st half of this match consisted of strong defending play from both teams as neither allowed the other to score.
- But, in the 2nd half luck South Korea’s luck ran out as a cross from NDiaye deflected off South Korea’s defender and went into the net.
- After this goal, Senegal lead the match 1 – 0, while South Korea started to counter-attack, in hopes for a goal.
- But, Senegal were constantly defending their goal and South Korea’s attackers weren’t being allowed to pass through.
- 15 minutes were left for the match to finish and Senegal were still ahead.
- At this point, Senegal were still vulnerable for a draw but the chances for it were eliminated when Konate scored a penalty in the injury time of the 2nd half.
- This goal ensured Senegal’s win; A perfect finish to their World Cup preparations.
— Eat, Sleep, Play Football (@esplayfootball) 11 June 2018
Match 2 Of 2: Belgium Vs Costa Rica
Result: 4 – 1
- Belgium: Mertens 31′, Lukaku 42′, 50′, Batshuayi 64′
- Costa Rica: Ruiz 24′
- Belgium were missing their leading defender, Vincent Kompany but it hardly mattered as they dominated over Costa Rica to win their final match before the FIFA World Cup 2018.
- In the 1st half, a volley by Ruiz put Costa Rica in front. But, 7 minutes later the scoreboard was levelled as Mertens struck from close range.
- And, just as the 1st half was coming to an end, Manchester United’s Lukaku struck a goal to put Belgium in front.
- In the 2nd half, it was once again Lukaku who scored his 35th goal for Belgium and gave his team a 2-goal lead over Costa Rica.
— United Xtra (@utdxtra) 11 June 2018
Lukaku’s second goal for Belgium. Imagine the amount of goals he’d get for United if we actually had two full-backs who could actually cross.. pic.twitter.com/SWSVvq4dTl
— Ryan. ? (@Vintage_Utd) 11 June 2018
- Costa Rica needed an equalizer but were completely being dominated by Belgium in terms of possession and shot making.
- This allowed Belgium’s Batshuayi to take a chance and score a goal to extend Belgium’s lead to 3 goals.
Me entering bae’s home when her parents just left ??… ? pic.twitter.com/4WAOYMSj4T
— Michy Batshuayi (@mbatshuayi) 11 June 2018
- Belgium’s attacks didn’t stop there as Hazard, Mertens and Kevin de Bruyne began to look for more chances to score.
- But, Costa Rica managed to hold them off and lost the match by 4 – 1.
That is it for today. Do visit us tomorrow for more FIFA World Cup 2018, International Friendly Matches Highlights.
For updates regularly visit: Allsportspk