A total of 4 matches were played today of the ongoing FIFA world cup 2018 friendly matches. The match wise highlights of all 4 matches are appended below.
Match Wise Highlights
Match 1 Of 4: Nigeria Vs Czech Republic
Result: 0 – 1
- Czech Republic: Tomas Kalas 25′
- It was the final warm up game of Nigeria before the FIFA World Cup 2018 and they were hoping to win this game after suffering defeat from England by 2 – 1.
- Pressure was built on Nigeria in the 1st half when Tomas Kalas scored at the 25th minute to put his team in the lead.
- Nigeria tried to level the scoreboard in the 1st half but couldn’t do so as the 1st half ended with Czech Republic in the lead by 1 – 0.
- After the break it was time for the 2nd half and Nigeria were confident that they can bounce back to score a goal.
- However, despite dominating the ball possession no Nigeria were constantly being blocked off by Czech Republic’s defenders.
- Several shots and different tactics were tried but neither were too helpful as in the end, Nigeria lost the match to Czech Republic.
- The Nigerians could have won this match if they had taken more shots at the goal and converted a single one of them.
- But, a defeat in this match meant that Nigeria has to work harder if they want a chance in the upcoming FIFA World Cup 2018.
Match 2 Of 4: Belarus Vs Hungary
Result: 1 – 1
- Belarus: Anton Saroka 26′
- Hungary: Ronald Varga 25’
- Belarus had won their last 2 matches and hoped to win this one to make it 3 in a row and get better prepared for the upcoming FIFA World Cup 2018.
- On the other hand, Hungary had lost their last 2 matches so they needed a win to boost their morale up.
- So, the match started as both teams hoped to score the opening goal of the match. Attacks from both teams were being made from the very start of the match.
- And, this resulted in a goal by Ronald Varga as he put Hungary in the lead. However, much to Hungary’s surprise Belarus executed out the perfect counter-attack and it was Anton Saroka who scored 1 minute later to make it 1 – 1.
- The scores were equal and yet again both teams wanted a goal to get in front before the 1st half finished.
- But, each teams defence was too strong for the other one as the first half ended without any more goal scored.
- In the 2nd half, several chances were wasted by each team but most importantly, each team was displaying excellent defence skills.
- And, this resulted in no team scoring a goal as the match came to a draw.
Match 3 Of 4: Norway Vs Panama
Result: 1 – 0
- Norway: Joshua King 4′
- Norway didn’t qualify for the FIFA World Cup 2018 but this didn’t stop them from beating Panama by 1 – 0 in a friendly match today.
- The match had barely started when Joshua King scored his 13th goal from a total of 34 appearances.
- This goal was scored at the 4th minute so the pressure came on Panama from the very beginning of the match as they looked for chances to score a goal.
- Panama tried to score in the 1st half but Norway’s defenders did a pretty good job to keep them at bay as the 1st half ended with Norway in the lead by 1 – 0.
- After the break, the 2nd half went underway and Panama were dominating the ball possession as they desperately eyed a goal to level the scoreboard.
- But, the problem was not their possession rather, their shot accuracy seemed to be the problem. As, from a total of 8 shots only 1 was on target.
- And, this is the main reason that despite keeping a possession of 65% Panama lost the match by 1 – 0 to Norway.
Match 4 Of 4: Belgium Vs Egypt
Result: 3 – 0
- Belgium: R Lukaku 27′, Eden Hazard 38′, Fellaini 90’+2′
- Egypt would have definitely felt the need of Mohammad Salah as Belgium thrashed the Egyptians by 3 goals in today’s friendly match.
- The lead was given to Belgium by Lukaku at the 27th minute as the first goal of the match was scored.
- Egypt needed to level the scoreboard, however Belgium extended their lead as Chelsea’s striker Eden Hazard struck at the 38th minute to make it 2 – 0.
- Belgium were dominating in every department as Egypt were desperate to score a goal and show their significance without their main striker i.e. Salah.
- However, the 1st half came to an without any goals from either side and the score was 2 – 0 with Belgium in the lead.
- The 2nd half now went underway as Egypt looked strong in their defence but were still struggling with their attacking play.
- On the other hand, Belgium were constantly attacking in hope of getting a third goal. And, they finally got it and this time it was Fellaini who scored in the injury time of the 2nd half to make it 3 – 0.
- This was the end of the match as Egypt lost to Belgium and showed the world that how vulnerable they are without Salah.
That is it for today. Do visit us tomorrow for more FIFA World Cup 2018, International Friendly Matches Highlights.
For updates regularly visit: Allsportspk