A total of 8 matches were played today of the ongoing FIFA world cup 2018 friendly matches. The match wise highlights of all 8 matches are appended below.
Match Wise Highlights
Match 1 Of 8: Latvia Vs Azerbaijan
Result: 1 – 3
- Latvia: J. Ikaunieks 90′
- Azerbaijan: M. Medvedev 20′, C. Imamverdiyev 57′, 63′
- Both Latvia and Azerbaijan had lost their last match so each of them was looking for a win.
- Azerbaijan appeared to be the stronger team of the two as Medvedev scored at the 20th Azerbaijan were now in the lead.
- Latvia tried to equalise the scoreboard in the 1st half but failed to do so.
- The 2nd started and Latvia were in search of an equaliser. But, Azerbaijan were relentless in their attacking play.
- As, this time it was Imamverdiyev who scored at the 57th minute to extend the lead by 2 goals.
- This was not the end of it as 6 minutes later, Imamverdiyev scored another goal and the score was now 3 – 0.
- Latvia needed a miracle to win and some effort to draw or even score a single goal.
- Azerbaijan’s defending play was excellent as Latvia as they were keeping Latvia attackers at bay.
- The match was coming to an end and Latvia needed a consolation goal. Their need was fulfilled by Ikaunieks who scored at the 90th minute to make it 3 – 1.
- And, Azerbaijan comfortably won the match.
Match 2 Of 8: Hungary Vs Australia
Result: 1 – 2
- Hungary: Sainsbury 88’ (OG)
- Australia: Arzani 74’, Kádár 90’+2 (OG)
- Australia continued their winning pattern prior to the FIFA World Cup 2018 as they won the match by 2 – 1.
- The 1st half of the match was tight as both teams were constantly taking possession from each other.
- Clearly, they were in search of an opening goal. But, no goal was scored in the 1st half; courtesy of some excellent defending.
- The 2nd half started and the same pattern of defending was being seen by the spectators.
- A goal was needed to spice up this match and it was provided by the youngest player in the World Cup, Arzani at the 74th
- Australia were now in the lead and with 16 minutes to go, Hungary needed an equaliser.
- A goal came in the possession of Hungary but it was due to a mistake by Australia’s Sainsbury who accidentally scored an own goal.
- This was not the first own goal of this match as in an unlucky turn of events, Hungary’s Tamas Kadar’s deflected cross went for an own goal.
- This goal proved costly as Hungary lost the match by 2 – 1.
Match 3 Of 8: Estonia Vs Morocco
Result: 1 – 3
- Morocco: Belhanda 11′, Ziyech 38′, En-Nesyri 72′
- Estonia: Purje 76’
- Morocco were the favourites to win this match against Estonia who weren’t enjoying a winning record in the FIFA World Cup 2018 qualifiers.
- The lead was taken early by Morocco as Belhanda scored at the 11th minute and added pressure on Estonia.
- Moreover, the ball possession was clearly being dominated by Morocco. And, this helped them to score another goal at the 38th
- Ziyech goal had now extended Morocco’s lead to 2 – 0.
- 6 minutes were remaining in the 1st half but no goals were scored by Estonia and the 1st half ended with Morocco in the lead.
- The 2nd half was similar story of ball possession as Morocco weren’t letting go of the ball.
- A much-expected goal was struck by En-Nesyri at the 72th minute and the lead was now 3 – 0.
- Estonia tried to make a comeback in this match as Purje scored at the 76th minute to make it 3 – 1.
- 2 more goals were needed by Estonia to draw the match. But Morocco didn’t allow that to happen.
- As, they won their 2nd consecutive match by 3 – 1.
Estonia vs Morocco
Estonian fan-sector tifo:
“80 years of shame! How much more?”
— ً (@AmosCdF) 9 June 2018
Match 4 Of 8: Finland Vs Belarus
Result: 2 – 0
- Finland: J Uronen 7’, M Yaghoubi 75’
- Finland shocked Belarus prior to the FIFA World Cup 2018 by winning the match by 2 – 0.
- The first goal by Finland was quite unsettling as it was struck by J Uronen at the 7th minute of the match.
- Pressure became evident on Belarus as they began to look for ways to equalise the scoreboard.
- But, the 1st half went without any goal as Finland led the scorecard by 1 – 0.
- Several substitutions were made by Belarus in hopes of making a comeback.
- But, they were constantly being blocked off by Finland’s defenders.
- On the contrary, Finland were accurate in their attacking play. And, this allowed them to score yet another goal at the 75th
- Yaghoubi’s goal put Finland in a commanding position to win this match and 2 – 0 was the final result.
Match 5 Of 8: Serbia Vs Bolivia
Result: 5 – 1
- Serbia: Mitrovic 4′, 23′, 68′, Ljajic 19′, Ivanovic 42′
- Bolivia: Campos 48’
- Serbia destroyed Bolivia in a dominating victory by 5 – 1 over them.
- This match indicated a clear sign of the level of preparations that Serbia are making prior to the FIFA World Cup 2018.
- The Serbians made their intentions clear when Mitrovic scored at the 4th minute of the match to put Serbia in the lead.
- The lead was doubled at the 19th minute after Torino’s Ljajic netted the ball to make it 2 – 0.
- Mitrovic was in blazing form as 4 minutes later he scored his 2nd goal of the match.
- Serbia were far from finished as 3 minutes prior to the 1st half Ivanovic scored and the score was now 4 – 0.
- With this the 1st half came to an end and Bolvia were completely outplayed in it.
- The 2nd half began and Bolivians came back strongly as Campos struck at the 48th Serbia didn’t mind as they were still leading by 3 goals.
- After that Serbia continued their attacks on their opponent’s goal-post and managed to score another goal.
- It was Mitrovic once again who completed his hattrick by scoring his 3rd goal of the match.
- 20 minutes of play was left and Bolivia despite trying couldn’t score a single goal as the match came to an end with the final score being 5 – 1.
— Highlightstore (@Highlightstore1) 10 June 2018
Match 6 Of 8: Sweden Vs Peru
Result: 0 – 0
- An almost equal possession was kept between Peru and Sweden throughout the match as it ended in a draw.
- The total number of shots on target by Peru were much greater than that of Sweden.
- But this stat didn’t help them to score a single goal.
- On the other hand, Sweden were also unable to score but this was mainly because they didn’t take enough shots at their opponent’s goals.
- The defending play from both teams was of sheer class and final scores were 0 – 0.
Match 7 Of 8: Denmark Vs Mexico
Result: 2 – 0
- Denmark: Poulsen 71′, Eriksen 74′
- Having ended their last 2 matches in a draw, Denmark were looking to win this match before the upcoming FIFA World Cup 2018.
- On the other hand, Mexico wanted to continue winning after they defeated Scotland in their last match.
- Both teams were extremely competitive in the 1st And, no goals were scored in this time.
- The 2nd half was also going goal-less until Poulsen struck at the 71st minute to score the opening goal of the match.
- Mexico didn’t get a chance to recover as 3 minutes later, Eriksen netted the ball to make it 2 – 0.
Denmark making Mexico look like mierda ? No chance vs Germany. Mexico shouldn’t even show up to that game ??
— Ricardo Castro (@hexacy_) 9 June 2018
Match 8 Of 8: Spain Vs Tunisia
Result: 1 – 3
- Spain: Iago Aspas 84’
- Tunisia gave a tough time to Spain as no goals were scored in the 1st half of the match.
- The 2nd half was also going goal-less, until Iago Aspas scored the goal at the 84th minute to put Spain in front.
- This was the only goal of the match as the Spanish side won their last warm-up game prior to the FIFA World Cup 2018.
— Brandon Neal (@BrandonNLB17) 9 June 2018
That is it for today. Do visit us tomorrow for more FIFA World Cup 2018, International Friendly Matches Highlights.
For updates regularly visit: Allsportspk