The Week 24 of Bundesliga, to great extent has separated the top five from the rest of the thirteen teams. And the following ten weeks are very crucial in order to decide the team which will come out on the top and overdo the other four. Although Bayern has an upper hand, the rest four teams are closely following Bayern.
Allsportspk presents the main highlights of the Week:
- Bayern Munich destroyed Hoffenheim by netting the ball six times in Hoffenheim’s net. This match not only gave them another uplift in this tournament but a whopping six goal margin has also led their goal difference to improve heavily. Bayern opened its score line from the second minute and kept on scoring goals till the 62nd minute. Gnarby, Kimmich, Joshua Zirkzee and Goretzka scored one goal apiece while Brazilian Philipe Coutinho scored two goals in the 33rd and 47th minute.
- Dortmund yet again continued its comeback run and pipped SC Freiburg this time by 1-0. Dortmund dominated the game by possessing the ball for most of the time while they too had drawn early blood at the 15th minute, courtesy Jadon Sancho’s goal. The lead continued till the referee blew the whistle for the full time and Bayern won this contest.
- RB Leipzig drew its important game against Bayer Leverkusen 1-1. Bayer took an early lead by a Leon Bailey special at the 29th minute leading Bayer to a 1-0 lead. RB Leipzig immediately fought back and leveled the score line at the 32nd minute, courtesy by a header straight into Bayer’s net by Patrik Schick. The score line remained to be 1-1 throughout the game and the match therefore ended as a draw.
- Union Berlin vs Wolfsburg too ended as a draw with a score line of 2-2 while the game between Fortuna and Hertha too ended as a draw as well but with 3-3.
- Monchengladbach too won an important contest against Augsburg 3-2. Monchengladbach dominated the entire game and never allowed Augsburg to lead even once in the game. Lars Stindl two goals for them and played a significant role to lead his team to a very crucial win.
Week 24- Points Table
Points Table Overview
- Bayern retain their top spot after winning an important contest against Hoffenheim. Their dominating run in this league continues and they have not lost a game in 2020 so far. Their goal difference is even +9 better than Leipzig’s that is at second.
- RB Leipzig yet again remain at the second place despite drawing its game against Bayer Leverkusen. They, however, trail by three points from one as they dropped two points against Bayer Leverkusen.
- Borussia Dortmund continue their comeback run in this contest and are continually at the third spot, continuing to find their way amongst the top two. Their goal difference of +34 overall is significant for them to help them bounce back further in this tournament.
- Monchengladbach are fourth, however, they have played one game less. Their one less game would prove to be significant in the later stage of the tournament as they are just two points short of the third placed, Borussia Dortmund.
- FC Wolfsburg has taken a long stride to the seventh place, overtaking both Hoffenheim and SC Freiburg. Although Wolfsburg still has a long way to go in this tournament, their comeback run must have rung bells for the other teams and is surely a wakeup call for all of them as well.
- FC Schalke stays at the sixth spot despite being thrashed at the hands of RB Monchengladbach.
- FC Koln has too started finding a way back into this tournament as they are now eleventh from thirteenth, thus climbing two spots.
- Fortuna, Werder and Paderborn are on the verge of relegation.
Keep following Allsportspk for Football and other Sports updates