Football – LaLiga ’18-19: Real Madrid Face Defeat; Barcelona Continue Winning Run
Real Madrid Vs Real Sociedad – Match Report:
- Real Madrid drooped to a 2-0 home thrashing to Real Sociedad as their wavering LaLiga title test continued another blow. Willian José opened the scoring from the penalty spot inside three minutes and, after Lucas Vázquez was sent off soon after the hour check, Rubén Pardo wrapped up the triumph for the guests inside the last 10 minutes.
- The official indicated the spot inside 80 seconds as Casemiro fouled Mikel Merino on the correct side of the territory. Willian ventured up and let go it straight and high into the net. Madrid needed to sit tight until the ninth moment for their first sight of goal, however Karim Benzema’s depiction from the left-hand side flew crosswise over goal and wide at the far post.
Despite another home defeat, I still think Real Madrid will win a spot in the Europa League.
— Gary Lineker (@GaryLineker) January 6, 2019
- Benzema got another opportunity in the fifteenth moment when he attempted to cut the ball over Gerónimo Ruilli, yet the Sociedad goalkeeper sufficiently motivated on it to keep it out and the ball was pounded far from threat. Ruilli then made a decent spare to deny Luka Modric, whose amazing shot tore through a swarmed penalty zone following a corner.
- Madrid requested for their very own penalty soon after the half-hour check as Asier Illarramendi and Sergio Ramos tussled for the ball before goal, however the ref waved played on. Just before the break Vázquez’s endeavored cross struck the outside of the post, and Madrid went in trailing at half-time.
League position: 5⃣
Goals conceded: 2⃣3⃣
Goal difference away from home: -5⃣
Top scorer: 7⃣ (Benzema)
Where has it all gone wrong for Real Madrid? 🙃🇪🇸🙃 pic.twitter.com/Fv59t14ilz
— SuperSport (@SuperSportTV) January 6, 2019
- The hosts began the second half on the front foot with Modric and Rafaël Varane denied in the opening minutes and Vinícius Júnior – making his full association make a big appearance – twisting a shot simply wide. At the opposite end Mikel Oyarzabal twisted a shot simply over when given an opportunity to twofold Sociedad’s lead.
- The disappointment of the home fans developed as Adnan Januzaj’s cross-cum-shot went barely wide, and the officially abundant boos escalated when Vázquez gathered his second reserving for a foul on Merino soon after the hour when Isco wasted belonging in midfield.
Real Madrid have 33 ligas and 13 UCLs. But we have people who say their clubs are the best.. or the biggest. pic.twitter.com/qknsHZwjgg
— De-Graft Äyälä (@deGraftAyala) January 6, 2019
- That came not long after Isco had hit on supplant Casemiro, leaving Madrid without a holding midfielder in a forceful arrangement that gave them no alternative however to keep assaulting.
- Madrid needed another penalty in the 65th moment when Vinicius went down under a test from Ruilli as he endeavored to round the goalkeeper, yet the ref again waved away the interests. In spite of the fact that replays recommended Ruilli kicked it into high gear nothing of the ball, there was no VAR mediation.
Real Madrid have lost six games in La Liga this season, as many league defeats as they suffered in the whole of last season.
They currently sit fifth in La Liga. 😐 pic.twitter.com/Xiv3rJzrsa
— Squawka Football (@Squawka) January 6, 2019
- Regardless of their decreased numbers Madrid kept on pushing forward, with Sociedad scrambling the ball off the line to deny Ramos and Vinicius bowing a nice possibility simply wide. It was Sociedad who scored again inside the last 10 minutes, nonetheless, with Willian twisting in a cross for the plain Pardo to head past Courtois.
Getafe CF Vs Barcelona – Match Report:
- Barcelona expanded their lead on La Liga to five with a 2-1 triumph at Getafe on Sunday.
- First-half objectives from Lionel Messi and Luis Suarez put the Blaugrana easily in front before Jaime Mata pulled one back for the hosts just before the half.
- Messi opened the scoring following 20 minutes when, in the wake of running onto a diverted through ball, he gathered his very own bounce back before opening into a vacant net from short proximity.
— FC Barcelona (@FCBarcelona) January 6, 2019
- Suarez then included Barca’s second 19 minutes after the fact with a hair-raising volley from separation after an underlying shot was redirected high into the air.
- Mata gave Getafe some expectation two minutes previously the break, terminating in Angel Rodriguez’s go from short proximity. Be that as it may, the hosts would get no nearer, regardless of Mata missing an open goal in the second half.
- The success gives first-set Barca 40 from 18 matches. Getafe stay in seventh with 25.
For more updates keep visiting allsportspk