India Vs England 2nd Test
||India Vs England
| Match Basics
|2nd Test – Day 3: India Vs England
|Date: 11th August 2018
|Venue: Lord’s, London
|Umpires: Aleem Dar, Marais Erasmus
|Toss won by: England, elected to field first
| Scorecard Summary
|England’s 1st Innings (continued): 357/6 (81 Overs, RR: 4.4)
|Performers (Day 3):
|Batting: Johnny Bairstow 93 off 144 balls, Chris Woakes 120* off 159 balls, Jos Buttler 24 off 22 balls, Sam Curran 22 off 24 balls
|Bowling: Mohammad Shami 3/74 in 19 overs, Hardik Pandya 2/66 in 17 overs, Ishant Sharma 1/88 in 19 overs.
|Highlights & Analysis
|India Vs England: India’s 1st Innings
- With the sun shining bright and and the skies clear from any hint of rain, play resumed on Day 3 of the 2nd test between India vs England.
- After bowling out India for 107, it was England’s turn to bat. English openers, Alastair Cook and Kyle Jennings got set on the crease.
- For India, Ishant Sharma and Mohammad Shami shared the new ball from each end.
- A decent spell of bowling with swing and pace was witnessed by the spectators. But, in reply a decent partnership of 28 runs was built by the openers.
- India continued to rely on their pacers and this partnership was broken by Shami as he pinned Jennings lbw. The batsman took a review but it went in India’s favor as the visitors got their first breakthrough.
- Joe Root joined Alastair Cook. This partnership lasted only one over as Ishant Sharma got the wicket of the English opener, Cook.
- Now, with two wickets down and 32 runs on the board, the debutante Pope joined Joe Root.
- The English captain Root’s seemed to struggled against spin, however despite being beaten several times he survived, until drinks were called on Day 3 of this test.
- Post drinks, the leg spinner, Kuldeep Yadav and Hardik Pandya were brought into the attack by Kohli.
- But, the batting pair stayed strong and notched up a partnership of 45 runs after which Hardik Pandya finally pinned Pope lbw.
- The debutante took the review but it went in India’s favor and with this decision, England lost both of their reviews.
- Now, the wicket-keeper batsman, Johnny Bairstow joined Joe Root. But, this partnership lasted only 12 runs, as Shami claimed the huge wicket of Joe Root.
- Lunch was called on Day 3 of this test. At this point, England were 4 wickets down with 89 runs on the scoreboard.
- Play resumed after lunch, as the new batsman, Jos Buttler joined Johnny Bairstow.
- The batsmen shared another meaningful partnership of 42 runs and put England in the lead.
- However, this partnership was also broken by Mohammad Shami who successfully pinned the batsman lbw, and got his 3rd wicket of the match.
- Now, the newest inclusion in the squad and Ben Stokes replacement, Chris Woakes joined Johnny Bairstow.
- Surprisingly, this pair appeared to be in blazing form as it brought the first fifty run partnership for England.
- Indian captain, Kohli made several changes to his bowling attack, however none of them were too strong to get a wicket.
- Bairstow finally reached his half century as England’s total breached the 200 run mark.
- Several overs later, Woakes also reached his fifty and tea was called on Day 3 of this test.
- Post tea, the partnership between the two reached the 100 run mark. At this point, England were leading by 124 runs over India.
- Another 50 runs were added to the partnership as it crossed the 150 run mark.
- Now, with England’s lead over 150+ runs, India needed quick wickets to retain the valiant pair or lose control of this test.
- However, making changes was the only thing that Kohli could do as England’s total surpassed hundred with Woakes reaching his maiden test hundred.
- England’s lead ballooned past 200, however Bairstow fell 7 runs short of his century, as he lost his wicket to Hardik Pandya.
- Sam Curran joined Chris Woakes. Together the two batsmen added 37 runs to the total, when bad light stopped play.
- The light did not get any better, and the umpire called the play off for the day.
India Vs England – 2nd Test Day 2: Anderson’s Five Wicket Haul Destroys India
India Vs England – 1st Test Day 4: Stokes The Hero In A Thrilling Victory
India Vs England Test Series 2018: Players Who Could Make An Impact
This is the end of India Vs England 2nd Test, Day 3. Join Allsportspk tomorrow for the 4th day of India Vs England 2nd test match.
KD Karthik (Wkt.)
V Kohli (Capt.)
JE Root (Capt.)
JM Bairstow (Wkt.)
|For updates regularly visit: Allsportspk
error: Content is protected !!