International Champions Cup 2018: Highlights – 21st July 2018
The first two matches of the International Champions Cup 2018 were played today. The match wise highlights are appended below the points table.
Match 1 of 27: Manchester City Vs Bourissia Dortmund
Result: 0 – 1
- Borussia Dortmund: Mario Gotze 28′(P)
|Manchester City||Team Stats||Borussia Dortmund|
|Shots On Target||
- Manchester City’s manager, Pep Guardiola’s makeshift line-up of young talent backfired as Dortmund won the opening match of this league.
- The match remained tight from the very start. Both teams were excellent in their defending as no early goals were being scored.
- However, the difference between the two sides came when Dortmund were awarded a penalty by the referee.
- This proved to be a pivotal moment in the match as Mario Gotze converted the penalty into a goal. Dortmund were now in the lead.
- Manchester City’s Hitz had a great chance of equalizing but he was unfortunate in his attempt.
— Stefan Buczko (@StefanBuczko) July 21, 2018
- After this amazing shot and equally excellent save, the 1st half ended with the score being 1-0, in favor of Dortmund.
HALF TIME | Down at the break by way of a penalty…
45 minutes to get one back! #mancity
🔵 0-1 🔶 pic.twitter.com/HwCSFasb1c
— Manchester City (@ManCity) July 21, 2018
- In the 2nd half, Manchester City brought Joe Hart which was his first appearance for the club since 2016.
- Later on, Manchester City’s top notch mid-fielder, Leroy Sane was also introduced into the attack.
- However, this was not enough for the young City’s team to equalize, much less win the match against a strong Dortmund side.
- After the match, both Manchester City and Dortmund fans thanked the Chicago spectators for their participation throughout the game.
— Borussia Dortmund (@BVB) July 21, 2018
For Match highlights of the 2nd match of the International Champions Cup 2018, between Bayern Munich and PSG move on to the next page!