IPL Match Highlights
CSK finally managed to beat SRH and cement their place in the 2018 IPL final. If you missed this awesome match click here to read the match highlights.
Now it was time for KKR and RR to face each other in an eliminator and both needed to win this match in order to qualify for the Qualifier 2 vs SRH.
The match wise highlights of the 1st and 2nd innings are appended down below.
IPL Match Highlights
Eliminator: Kolkata Knight Riders Vs Rajasthan Royals
Kolkata Knight Riders 1st innings total: 169/7 (20 Overs, RR: 8.45)
- Batting: Chris Lynn 18 off 22 balls, Dinesh Karthik 52 off 38 balls, Shubham Gill 28 off 17 balls, Andre Russell 49 off 25 balls.
- Bowling: K Gowtham 2/15 in 3 overs, Jofra Archer 2/33 in 4 overs, Ben Laughlin 2/35 in 3 overs.
Target: 170 runs from 20 overs.
Rajasthan Royals 2nd innings total: 140/8 (19.1 Overs, RR: 7.3)
- Batting: A Rahane 46 off 41 balls, Rahul Tripathi 20 off 13 balls, Sanju Samson 50 off 38 balls, Henry Klaasen 18 off 18 balls.
- Bowling: PP Chawla 2/24 in 4 overs, M Prasidh Krishna 1/28 in 4 overs, Kuldeep Yadav 1/18 in 4 overs.
Result: KKR won by 25 runs
Man of the Match: Andre Russell
IPL Match Highlights:
- Finally, it was time for RR to face KKR on their home ground in the only eliminator match of this IPL. This was a must win match for both teams as the loser will be knocked out of this IPL.
- RR won the toss and chose to field first on this pitch as Rahane felt pretty confident that his team can chase any score KKR put on the board.
- So, the 1st innings went underway as KKR openers Chris Lynn and Sunil Narine got set on the crease. The new ball was given to Gowtham as he looked to get a wicket in his first over.
- And, once again the spinner answered his captain’s wishes as after being hit for a boundary on the first ball he bowled a beautiful delivery as Narine edged out to Klaasen.
- Uthappa now joined Lynn on the crease, but his stay was cut short by Gowtham who returned in his 2nd over to comfortably take a return catch of his own bowling.
- KKR troubles didn’t end there as Archer took out Nitish Rana in the 4th over and now Kolkata were in deep trouble.
- The KKR captain now joined Chris Lynn on the crease and Kolkata now needed a big partnership.
- Things looked steady for a while but it was Gopal who caught and bowled Lynn to send KKR 4 down in 8 overs.
- Now the lower middle order of KKR had all the pressure on their shoulders.
- And they did it very well as Shubham Gill, Andre Russell and Dinesh Karthik added 129 runs to KKR score to take them to 169 runs in 20 overs.
- It was a good score on this pitch and Rajasthan Royals would have to bat quite sensibly if they wanted to chase down this score.
- So, the 2nd innings started as Rahane and Triphati got set on the crease. KKR needed quick wickets but they didn’t get any as both openers shared a 47-run partnership to defy KKR a wicket in the first 5 overs.
- And, even when Chawla took Triphati in the 6th over, things didn’t shift on KKR’s side as the new batsman Sanju Samson shared a 62-run partnership to increase their winning chances.
- After Rahane got out in the 15th over, it was Sanju Samson and Klaasen who needed to finish this well-approached chase by their team’s openers.
- However, this is where KKR started to bowl highly economical overs and suddenly the momentum began to shift to their side.
- The run-rate started to climb and this where Samson lost his wicket to Chawla and now the only hope for RR became Klaseen.
- It all came down to getting 40 runs off 12 balls but the South African couldn’t play the role of finisher for his team as KKR carried on their economical overs and won the match by 25 runs.
- With this victory KKR will now face Qualifier 2 in which they will face SRH; the leading table toppers of this IPL.
Only 2 more matches remain in IPL 2018. Here is the schedule of all of them along with the dates on which they will be played on.
25th May 2018 – Qualifier 2
To be decided
27th May 2018 – Final
To be decided
Here is the journey of all 8 teams in the points table as they qualified for the play-offs.
|1. Sunrisers Hyderabad||14||9||5||18||+0.284|
|2. Chennai Super Kings||13||8||5||18||+0.253|
|3. Kolkata Knight Riders||14||8||6||16||-0.070|
|4. Rajasthan Royals||14||7||7||14||-0.250|
|5. Mumbai Indians||14||6||8||12||+0.317|
|6. Royal Challengers Bangalore||14||6||8||12||+0.129|
|7. Kings XI Punjab||14||6||8||12||+0.129|
|8. Delhi Daredevils||13||4||9||8||-0.288|
For more IPL match highlights keep visiting Allsportspk
For video highlights visit this link.
For updates regularly visit: Allsportspk