Two IPL matches were held today. The Match Wise IPL Match Highlights are appended below the Points Table.
|1. Sunrisers Hyderabad||14||9||5||18||+0.284|
|2. Chennai Super Kings||13||8||5||18||+0.253|
|3. Kolkata Knight Riders||14||8||6||16||-0.070|
|4. Rajasthan Royals||14||7||7||14||-0.250|
|5. Mumbai Indians||14||6||8||12||+0.317|
|6. Royal Challengers Bangalore||14||6||8||12||+0.129|
|7. Kings XI Punjab||14||6||8||12||+0.129|
|8. Delhi Daredevils||13||4||9||8||-0.288|
IPL Match Highlights
Match 55: Mumbai Indians Vs Delhi Daredevils
Delhi Daredevils 1st innings total: 174/4 (20 Overs, RR: 8.7)
- Batting: Glenn Maxwell 22 off 18 balls, Rishabh Pant 64 off 44 balls, Vijay Shankar 43* off 30 balls.
- Bowling: Krunal Pandya 1/11 in 2 overs, M Markande 1/21 in 2 overs, Jasprit Bumrah 1/29 in 4 overs.
Target: 175 runs from 20 overs.
Mumbai Indians 2nd innings total: 163 all out (19.3 Overs, RR: 8.35)
- Batting: Evan Lewis 48 off 31 balls, Hardik Pandya 27 off 17 balls, Ben Cutting 37 off 20 balls.
- Bowling: Amit Mishra 3/19 in 4 overs, HV Patel 3/28 in 2.3 overs.
Result: Delhi Daredevils won by 11 runs
Man of the Match: Amit Mishra
IPL Match Highlights:
- Delhi were already knocked out of the IPL and were hoping to end their IPL campaign with a win. Mumbai Indians on the other hand hoped to qualify for the play-offs and defend their IPL trophy.
- So, the toss happened as Delhi won the toss and elected to bat first hoping to post a big total on this pitch. Mumbai on the other hand were pretty confident that they can restrict Delhi.
- The match started as Maxwell and Shaw opened the innings for Delhi. Things looked quite positive from the start as both batsmen were scoring quite elegantly.
- But, it was only a matter of run-out as Shaw returned to the pavilion and Delhi lost their first wicket of the match.
- This was Maxwell’s chance to show his ability but he failed yet again as Bumrah uprooted his stumps in the 5th over. Delhi were now two down with Iyer and Pant on the crease.
- These were the only batsmen who could steer Delhi to a bigger target but Iyer lost his way in the middle as Markande got his wicket in the 9th over and Delhi were now 3 down for 75 runs.
- But, then a wonderful partnership was shared between Pant the new batsman Shankar as Delhi began to steer towards a sizeable total.
- However, after Pant got out Delhi weren’t able to score above 200 plus runs as they managed 174 runs in 20 overs.
- It was now Mumbai’s turn to bat and they needed 175 runs to stay alive in this IPL.
- So, the 2nd innings started as SA Yadav and Evan Lewis came out to bat.
- Both of these batsmen had been in great form and scored several partnerships for Mumbai in this IPL, however today was not one of those days.
- As, SA Yadav got out in the first over and Mumbai lost their first wicket. Kishan was the new man in but his stay also didn’t last too long as Mishra got his wicket in the 7th over.
- Then the same tale of frequent wickets started as 3 more wickets fell inside 3 overs to send Mumbai 5 down inside 10 overs.
- Now, Mumbai’s captain, Rohit Sharma came out to bat but he also couldn’t do much as after managing 13 runs off the bat, Patel got his wicket.
- After that Hardik Pandya also departed in the very next over after phis 17-ball cameo came to an end. But, it was Ben Cutting who was not going to let go easily as he continued to score runs.
- It was due to his batting abilities that the match came to the last over in which Mumbai required 18 runs to win.
- And, although Ben Cutting lofted the first shot for six runs, to make the equation much simpler. However, Patel held his nerve as he took two wickets in the next two balls to knock out Mumbai of this IPL.
IPL Match Highlights
Match 56: Chennai Super Kings Vs Kings XI Punjab
Kings XI Punjab 1st innings total: 153 all out (19.4 Overs, RR: 7.77)
- Batting: Manoj Tiwary 35 off 30 balls, David Miller 24 off 22 balls, Karun Nair 54 off 26 balls.
- Bowling: Lungi Ngidi 4/10 in 4 overs, Darren Bravo 2/39 in 4 overs, RA Jadeja 1/23 in 3 overs, Shardul Thakur 2/33 in 3.4 overs.
Target: 154 runs from 20 overs.
Chennai Super Kings 2nd innings total: 134 all out (19.2 Overs, RR: 6.93)
- Batting: Suresh Raina 61 off 48 balls, DL Chahar 39 off 20 balls, M.S Dhoni 16* off 7 balls.
- Bowling: AS Rajpoot 2/19 in 4 overs, Mohit Sharma 1/28 in 3.1 overs, R Ashwin 2/36 in 4 overs.
Result: Chennai Super Kings won by 5 wickets (with 5 balls remaining)
Man of the Match:
IPL Match Highlights:
- KXIP faced CSK and with Chennai already in the play-offs, it was KXIP that was in dire need to win big against Chennai if they wanted to make it to the play-offs.
- But, Chennai had been in superb season and it was going to be extremely difficult to win against a star-studded line-up.
- So, the match started as CSK won the toss and chose to field first. KL Rahul and Gayle came on the crease to provide KXIP with a blazing start.
- However, the X factor was with Chennai as Lungi Ngidi got the big fish i.e. Chris Gayle in the first over as the Jamaican walked back to the pavilion without scoring.
- Aaron Finch also got out in the next over, courtesy of Chahar’s excellent line and length. Now all eyes were set of KL Rahul as he had always been the man for KXIP in tough situations.
- But, Ngidi was in red-hot form today as he returned for his 2nd over and forced Rahul to edge out to Dhoni and KXIP had now lost 3 wickets inside 4 overs.
- This was when Manoj Tiwary and David Miller stood up as both batsmen shared a 60-run partnership to steady KXIP innings.
- However, it was only a matter of time as CSK struck again in the 12th and 13th over to send both Tiwary and Miller back to the pavilion.
- Now, Karun Nair and the batting all-rounder Axar Patel were the ones that KXIP were relying on.
- But, Axar holed out in the 17th over, however Karun Nair stayed till the 19th over to complete his 26-ball fifty.
- Other than him no KXIP batsman stood up for the occasion as they could only manage 153 runs in 20 overs.
- It was now CSK’s turn to bat and they only needed 154 runs to win this match. Their openers Amabati Rayudu and Faf du Plessis got set on the crease as CSK looked to chase this score as quickly as possible.
- However, KXIP were playing attacking cricket as they took 3 wickets in the first 5 overs to send CSK 3 down in 5 overs. But it was Suresh Raina who didn’t falter as he made 61 runs off 48 balls and was fully supported by Harbhajan Singh from the non-striker end.
- After Harbhajan got out Chahar was sent by Dhoni who played a superb innings that was well supported by Dhoni who finished the match by hitting a six.
- With this loss, KXIP are now out of this IPL season while CSK equalize their points with SRH and are placed 2nd in the points table.
That is it for now, for more IPL match highlights, don’t forget to visit allsportspk tomorrow.
For video highlights visit this link.
For updates regularly visit: Allsportspk