Italian Serie A ’18-19 – Highlights: Dybala’s Strike, Ronaldo’s Assist Hands Juventus Another Win
These are the first 4 matches of of Serie A, Match Day 11 of 38. The highlights are appended below the points table.
For Complete team rankings, click here
Serie A – Match 1 of 10: Napoli vs Empoli
Result: 5 – 1
- Napoli: Lorenzo Insigne 9′, Dries Mertens 38′, 64′, 90+3′, Arkadiusz Milik 90′
- Empoli: Francesco Caputo 58′
|12||Shots On Target||4|
- Lorenzo Insigne’s snooker shot, a tremendous Dries Mertens cap trap and Arkadiusz Milik flick enabled Napoli to push past Empoli 5-1.
- The Partenopei rested a few major names in front of the Champions League conflict with Paris Saint-Germain, utilizing their fourteenth distinctive beginning XI in 14 focused matches. Empoli had inspired with their exhibitions, however were without a win since the opening end of the week. They had led the pack against Juventus a week ago, however in the long run lost 2-1, and began Salih Ucan tonight for not completely fit Miha Zajc.
5-1 Napoli Win over Empoli.
Mertens Hat-Rick ⚽⚽⚽
— SSC Napoli 24 (@SSCNapoli241) November 2, 2018
- Empoli have now just won one of their eight best flight treks to Naples, a 3-1 result in February 2008, alongside a draw and six annihilations. The last five versions of this encounter have now given an aggregate of 22 goals.
- It took Lorenzo Insigne only 80 seconds to penetrate wide from the edge of the container, at that point an exceptionally troublesome Dries Mertens volley was covered by Ivan Provedel.
- Insigne opened the scoring on nine minutes with a snooker shot into the far base corner off the outside of his correct boot, however the goal was made by Kalidou Koulibaly. The protector won back ownership in his own half and flooded forward to move over the help.
Gol Napoli! Tripletta di Mertens!
— Lega Serie A (@SerieA) November 2, 2018
- Traore did well to hold off Kevin Malcuit and power him to flame on to the side-netting from a tight point after a Mertens through ball, yet Luca Antonelli saw his equalizer managed offside subsequent to nutmegging Orestis Karnezis at the close post.
- Piotr Zielinski’s rocket was beaten away by Ivan Provedel and Rade Krunic squandered an incredible possibility by terminating wide from 12 yards, despite the fact that he didn’t understand that Francesco Caputo was offside in the development.
- Insigne caught a wayward Di Lorenzo pass and laid it off for Mertens, who looked as though he would keep running at three safeguards, yet rather set a strikingly exact low right-foot crash into the far base corner from a decent 20 meters out.
— Official SSC Napoli (@en_sscnapoli) November 2, 2018
- Fabian Ruiz twisted over from separation and Napoli almost scored on the counter, Zielinski, Fabian and Mertens joining to set up Elseid Hysaj at the back post, however Provedel surged out to cover.
- The hosts were turning on the style, yet Fabian scraped the complete after a volleyed Zielinski cross and Mertens endeavored a daring heave.
- The showboating demonstrated somewhat untimely, on the grounds that Empoli got themselves once more into the match on the hour check. Krunic picked a keen through ball to discharge Caputo and the striker kept his cool, stroking in with within his correct foot to ricochet off within the far post.
5-1 Napoli Win over Empoli.
Mertens Hat-Rick ⚽⚽⚽
— SSC Napoli 24 (@SSCNapoli241) November 2, 2018
- All of a sudden, the force had changed and Hamed Traore saw his shot ran after, while Salih Ucan hit the side-netting with a volley on the turn.
- Carlo Ancelotti tossed on Jose Callejon and Allan, having a quick effect. Callejon gave the help, however it was all Mertens for the third objective with a fabulous styler from the edge of the case that dunked violently into the far best corner, giving the goalkeeper no possibility.
- Empoli wouldn’t give in and Matias Silvestre diverted a free header over from a Manuel Pasqual cross, at that point Koulibaly needed to scramble crosswise over to square Caputo going clear.
Napoli 5-1 Empoli
— The Blue Lions (@Theblue_lions) November 2, 2018
- Karnezis fingertipped a Di Lorenzo header over and the guests poured forward to the end, yet were gotten out by an exemplary counter.
- It was an all around worked goal, one-contact goes from Insigne to Mertens and Milik, the substitute scoring with the outside of the left boot. Mertens could’ve gone for the cap trap from that position, yet selected to set up his colleague.
- It was apparently great karma, on the grounds that Mertens got his Treble with the last kick of the amusement. Insigne on the midway line strung an ideal go for the Belgian to keep running on to, he disregarded on-hurrying Provedel and kept into an unfilled net.
Serie A – Match 2 of 10: Inter Milan vs Genoa
Result: 5 – 0
- Inter Milan: Roberto Gagliardini 14′, 49′, Matteo Politano 16′, Joao Mario 90+1′, Radja Nainggolan 90+4′
|Inter Milan||Team Stats||Genoa|
|9||Shots On Target||2|
- Roberto Gagliardini got the main support of his professional career, alongside Matteo Politano, Joao Mario and Radja Nainggolan as Inter pulverized Genoa 5-0.
- The Nerazzurri anchored a seventh straight Serie A triumph, yet refreshed Mauro Icardi, Sime Vrsaljko, Matias Vecino and not completely fit Radja Nainggolan, with Joao Mario getting his second successive begin.
- Genoa played at San Siro midweek, losing 2-1 in stoppages in their rescheduled Week 1 encounter with Milan. Domenico Criscito was suspended, Nicolas Spolli, Andrea Favilli and Federico Marchetti harmed, however Capocannoniere Krzysztof Piatek was refreshed for ex-Inter veteran Goran Pandev.
⚡ THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN ⚡
Sampdoria 0-1 Inter ?
Inter 2-1 Fiorentina ?
Inter 2-0 Cagliari ?
SPAL 1-2 Inter ?
Inter 1-0 AC Milan ?
Lazio 0-3 Inter ?
Inter 5-0 Genoa ?
7 Wins in a row, 21 points, 16 goals for and just 2 against
— Inter (@Inter_en) November 3, 2018
- Genoa are currently without a win in their last 13 Serie A visits to Inter, developing with only three draws.
- Lautaro Martinez and Ivan Perisic had incredible shots in the opening minutes, scraping their completions off target, however Darko Lazovic attempted to score from an outlandish point as opposed to pull it again from the by-line subsequent to nutmegging Danilo D’Ambrosio.
- Bury opened the scoring in a disordered move when Davide Biraschi was gotten under lock and key and Joao Mario set up Roberto Gagliardini to clear in from short proximity. There was no offside banner, in light of the fact that Biraschi got an avoidance on the help.
The same three teams have been atop La Liga for six years. What’s the point of continuing this domestic farce?
In Germany, it’s newsworthy only when Bayern or Dortmund don’t win the Bundesliga.
In Italy, Juve, Inter, Milan and Roma have won every Serie A title this century.
— Brooke Tunstall (@YesThatBrooke) November 3, 2018
- Genoa were relatively skilled an equalizer straight away, as Samir Handanovic’s horrifying freedom saw him almost kick the ball into his own net on a Stefan de Vrij back-pass.
- Rather, Matteo Politano snuck up behind Lazovic to meet a Joao Mario through ball and pushed his left-foot complete into the far base corner.
- Lazovic ran stop again with a swerving volley the outside of the correct boot, yet Inter commanded with Politano running on to a Marcelo Brozovic go to sting Radu’s gloves, at that point on the corner Stefan de Vrij’s header looked wide from six yards.
#SerieA #InterMilan notched their seventh successive league win as two goals from Roberto #Gagliardini helped them thump mid-table Genoa 5-0 at San Siro.
Midfielder Joao Mario, previously out of favor this season, also played a key role as he set up three goals and scored one…
— Vickey Maverick (@vickeypedia) November 3, 2018
- Straight after the restart, Inter made it 3-0. A long toss in was flicked on for Perisic, Radu by one way or another mixed it off the line from point-clear range, yet Gagliardini let go in the bounce back. It was the previous Atalanta man’s first since forever Serie A support.
- Piatek supplanted Pandev, as the Macedonian Treble legend got an overwhelming applause from the San Siro swarm, and inside 60 seconds had constrained a spare with his transcending header, while Miguel Veloso’s avoided strike tried Handanovic.
- Gagliardini unimaginably approached a hattrick, yet just neglected to get his make a beeline for the Perisic cross. Indeed, even Radja Nainggolan showed up to demonstrate he has recuperated from damage.
Half-time in Milan ??
▪️ Joao Mario with two assist in the first half for @Inter as Gagliardini and Politano have scored the goals.
▪️Inter heading towards their 6th straight home win against Genoa
— Strive Sport (@StriveFootball) November 3, 2018
- There was still time for another unexpected goal-scorer, as Joao Mario topped off a superb individual execution by penetrating in a daisy-shaper from the edge of the crate into the close base corner.
- With the last kick of the match, Joao Mario whipped in a glorious cross from the privilege for the head of substitute Nainggolan and 5-0.
Serie A – Match 3 of 10: Fiorentina vs Roma
Result: 1 – 0
- Fiorentina: Jordan Veretout 32′ (P)
- Roma: Alessandro Florenzi 85′
|3||Shots On Target||4|
- Jordan Veretout’s dubious penalty was counteracted in the last minutes by an Alessandro Florenzi volley, as Roma scratched a point against Fiorentina.
- The two Coaches had never already shared the riches, as Stefano Pioli and Eusebio Di Francesco had won four gatherings each.
- This was a no holds barred for European spots, as they were bolted together on 15 going into the Stadio Franchi. With Daniele De Rossi, Luca Pellegrini, Diego Perotti and Rick Karsdorp harmed, Lorenzo Pellegrini moved back to a focal midfield job, giving 19-year-old Nicolò Zaniolo his first Serie A begin in the trequartista position.
You can’t really blame var for the penalty that Fiorentina got and the handball in the Juve game both decisions where the fault of the referees.
— Simeon Coyne???? (@JuveMetal32) November 3, 2018
- It was a unique match for Gerson, on loan from Roma, and he promptly impacted over from separation, while Giovanni Simeone’s looking header shrieked wide.
- Federico Fazio likewise fell asleep focus from an Alessandro Florenzi cross, while Simeone scraped his complete from a Federico Chiesa counter.
- Edin Dzeko expanded over from eight yards after a brilliant Lorenzo Pellegrini ball was coasted over the best.
- Cengiz Under skilled Fiorentina a penalty, as his really terrible back-pass was only a help for Simeone, who went down under the Robin Olsen challenge.
— AS Roma English (@ASRomaEN) November 3, 2018
- Replays recommend if there was any get in touch with, it was insignificant, best case scenario, yet Jordan Veretout changed over the penalty into the side-netting. The official did not head toward view the VAR film himself on the grounds that those in the corner did not think of it as a reasonable and evident mistake.
- Roma were unfortunate not to balance minutes after the fact, as Pellegrini’s free kick was gone to his own upright by Nikola Milenkovic and it flashed over the essence of a vacant net.
- After the restart, Alessandro Florenzi’s strike was diverted over after a give-and-run with Cengiz Under, at that point Alban Lafont got down splendidly to beat away his kindred 19-year-old Zaniolo’s half-volley from the edge of the case.
If Roma score a second then that’s great, but a draw doesn’t really help them get back in the top 4 race and probably saves EDF’s job
— Dynasty (@iDynastyyyy) November 3, 2018
- Edimilson Fernandes fell off the seat and promptly impacted simply wide, yet Fiorentina truly should have scored on 59 minutes. Chiesa went clear and chose to move it crosswise over for Simeone and it would’ve been a tap-in had Cholito been sufficiently aware of make the run. Rather, Gerson constrained Olsen to repel with an outstretched foot at the close post.
- The Viola were pouring forward and Chiesa twisted simply wide, however Kolarov hit the side-netting toward the finish of a very much worked move once Roma set Pellegrini back in the trequartista job.
- German Pezzella took a chance with a possess objective with his cautious header simply wide, however Roma got their equalizer when they were by all accounts coming up short on thoughts.
Draw in Fiore-Roma great result for Milan. Win against Udinese and we good to take an L vs. Juve next week.
— Rosso (@drlemmer) November 3, 2018
- Lafont fluttered at a Kolarov cross from the left and Florenzi kept his cool for the volley from 10 yards with only five minutes to go.
- It stayed open to the end, as Cristiano Biraghi’s free kick was avoided and Dzeko saw his preview beaten away by Lafont.
Serie A – Match 4 of 10: Juventus vs Cagliari
Result: 0 – 0
- Juventus: Paulo Dybala 1′, Filip Bradaric 38′ (OG), Juan Cuadrado 87′
- Cagliari: Joao Pedro 36′
|3||Shots On Target||2|
- Juventus disregarded a strong Cagliari for a 3-1 triumph to keep their walk towards the Serie A title in firm control.
- Juve took a first moment lead when Paolo Dybala wound on the edge of the region to complete at the close post.
- In the wake of playing to an amazing 1-1 draw with Genoa at home in their last experience, the Italian victors were not going to get into the comparable situation.
- Be that as it may, Cagliari became more grounded and wound up further up the field on a significant number of events amid the match.
— SOCCER.COM (@soccerdotcom) November 3, 2018
- A penalty claim for them almost went to support them after Mehdi Benatia took care of a cross to the case. On VAR counsel, the interest was waved away and such no spot-kick was granted.
- It required a save on the line from Wojciech Szceszeny to prevent Nicola Pavoletti from benefitting at the close post.
- In as much as, Juve endeavored to keep up their predominance gave little danger nor shots at goal. The Islanders at that point hit with Joao Pedro completing off from inside the crate after great control.
- The lead for Juve was rapidly with Filip Bradaric sliding to his own-net in the wake of attempting to clear for a corner kick.
The Allianz Stadium erupted when Cristiano tried to score an overhead kick. The Juventini massively applaud him for his effort. An ovation 7 months back paved the way for Juventus to sign him.
— Arjun Pradeep (@IndianRegista) November 3, 2018
- A moment to the break, Cristiano Ronaldo’s luring footwork let him to shot at goal yet was just denied by the post which bobbed back to play.
- In the second a large portion of, Juve’s battle before objective turned out to be all the more glaring with Ronaldo among others missing a couple of sitters.
- Ciontrolling huge parts of the match , Juve were then compelled to pull off shots from range while their battle to enter the back watch.
- Nicola Barrella gave Cagliari’s most obvious opportunity later on whe discovered ownership yet shot over the best. At the opposite end, Ronaldo verged on including a third however was not able do as such.
Cristiano Ronaldo showing the shirt given by Juventus for his 400 league goals. pic.twitter.com/cz4UX78ber
— Cristiano Ronaldo ⚪⚫ (@Cr7Fran4ever) November 3, 2018
- Rather, he picked to divert as supplier and from a quick counter, he set-up Juan Cuadrado to complete off the match and keep their unbeaten run.
Visit allsportspk later today, for the next matches of Match Day 11 of 38, Serie A 2018-19.