Spanish LaLiga ’18-19 – Highlights: Dembele & Suarez Strike Late Goals To Save Barcelona
These are the first 4 matches of LaLiga, Match Day 11 of 38. The highlights are appended below the points table.
For Complete team rankings, click here
LaLiga 2018-19– Match 1 of 10: Leganes vs Atletico Madrid
Result: 1 – 1
- Leganes: Guido Carrillo 82′
- Atletico Madrid: Antoine Griezmann 69′
|Leganes||Team Stats||Atletico Madrid|
|3||Shots On Target||4|
- Leganes and Atletico Madrid played out one more draw at the Estadio Butarque, their third in a row.An unbelievably focused derby stayed goalless in the principal half with the hosts setting the pace against their high-flying adversaries.
- Against the run of play, Antoine Griezmann put Atletico ahead after the break, yet Diego Simeone’s side were not able underwrite.
— OptaPaolo (@OptaPaolo) November 3, 2018
- With eight minutes left, some brilliant play from Los Pepineros saw Carrillo level, and attempt as they may, the Rojiblancos could not get the victor that would have sent them to the highest point of LaLiga standing.
Antoine Griezmann scores a superb free kick, but it was Guido Carrillo who stole the show with his late equaliser for Leganes to prevent Atletico Madrid from going top of #LaLiga.#LeganésAtleti https://t.co/QVQBhtz2qB
— SBOBET (@SBOBET) November 3, 2018
LaLiga 2018-19– Match 2 of 10: Real Madrid vs Valladolid
Result: 2 – 0
- Real Madrid: Vinicius Junior 83′, Sergio Ramos 88′ (P)
|Real Madrid||Team Stats||Valladolid|
|7||Shots On Target||2|
- Real Madrid finished their long sit tight for a La Liga triumph by beating Real Valladolid 2-0 on Saturday with two late objectives in interval mentor Santiago Solari’s first home diversion responsible for the battling European heroes.
- Brazilian adolescent Vinicius Jr. gave the new mentor and an anxious Bernabeu pack a lift in the 83rd moment by cutting in from the left and discharging a shot which was intensely redirected into the net off Valladolid’s Kike Olivas and granted as an own goal to the protector.
?️ Santiago Solari: “Real Madrid needed the win. In a tough moment, it can be hard to win well and the game was a real challenge, tight, and scrappy, with a lot of counters. The boys were focused today, driven right up until the end.” pic.twitter.com/6T8tPyzOvJ
— Spectating Madrid (@spectatemadrid) November 3, 2018
- Real Madrid had been blessed not to go behind on two events in the second half when Ruben Alcaraz and Toni Villa pounded the crossbar, however the home side fixed a first win in six group matches when chief Sergio Ramos got a 88th-minute penalty.
- The win lifted Real temporarily from ninth place up to 6th in the standings on 17, four behind pioneers Barcelona who play at Rayo Vallecano later on Saturday.
- As yet reeling from their embarrassing 5-1 vanquish at Barca a week ago, Real made a great beginning against a Valladolid side unbeaten in their last six excursions yet their initial shots before long went away and they were uproariously booed off at halftime.
“I think both options could be important for Real Madrid”
— Squawka News (@SquawkaNews) November 3, 2018
- Gareth Bale was given especially harsh treatment from the home fans when he was substituted and not in any case common most loved Marco Asensio got away from the yells of despondent supporters when he cleared a path for Vinicius, who had scarcely played under Solari’s forerunner Julen Lopetegui.
- Vinicius had energized fans in the Copa del Rey against Melilla in midweek and his pizazz and blasts of pace infused some verve into Solari’s side which prompted them at long last breaking the halt, despite the fact that the goal owed a great deal to Olivas’ shocking endeavor to hinder the shot.
Real Madrid found two new heroes today and they came in a shape of an 18 year old prodigy and 21 year old debutant in the La Liga. Thank you Vinicius jr @vini11Oficial and Sergio Reguilón @sergio_regui #HalaMadrid
— Paolo Mariano (@MySexyNeverLeft) November 3, 2018
- The goal was cruel on Valladolid and drained the life out of the guests, whose safeguard Nacho gave away an awkward penalty by falling into Benzema and Ramos cooly changed over from the spot, changing the prior boos into eased festivals.
LaLiga 2018-19– Match 3 of 10: Valencia vs Girona
Result: 0 – 1
- Girona: Pere Pons 48′
|9||Shots On Target||3|
- In the event that Valencia thought their draw it is was something to be worried about then Girona demonstrated them on Saturday evening that things could be even worse.
- The Catalan side won 1-0 at the Mestalla on account of an objective soon after half time from Pere Pons and because of the nine recoveries of visiting goalkeeper Bono.
- His first noteworthy intercession came in the thirteenth moment as he gymnastically denied Francis Coquelin, while he improved an even spare four minutes previously the break from a Rodrigo header.
⏱ 32’: Valencia 0-0 Girona
? Girona look solid in possession with Bernardo and Pons performing particularly well so far in thwarting Valencia’s attacks. Doumbia however is isolates & has already given away several cheap, cheap, cheap fouls
— GironaUK (@GironaUK) November 3, 2018
- Then, in the seconds prior to the break, Bono this time denied Goncalo Guedes from short proximity, before Santi Mina struck the bounce back off the crossbar when it appeared he would score.
- Having possessed the capacity to make due to half time, Girona at that point scored three minutes into the second period.Geoffrey Kondogbia passed the ball directly to Patrick Roberts, who constrained a spare from Neto with Girona’s previously shot on focus of the diversion, while Pere Pons would do well to fortunes as he turned in the bounce back.
#Valencia still looking for their 1st home win of the season, with Guedes and Santi Mina back in XI…#Girona aim to extend their record away from home – 7 matches unbeaten – the best in #LaLiga currently, but without Super Stuani, Portu, Lozano…#ValenciaGirona
— Semra Hunter (@SemraHunter) November 3, 2018
- A Valencia attack pursued, yet Bono was equivalent to everything that came his direction, making his last great spare from a Guedes freekick in the third moment of stoppage time.
LaLiga 2018-19– Match 4 of 10: Rayo Vallecano vs Barcelona
Result: 2 – 3
- Barcelona: Luis Suarez 11′, 90′, Ousmane Dembele 87′
- Rayo Vallecano: Jose Angel Pozo 35′, Alvaro Garcia Rivera 57′
|Rayo Vallecano||Team Stats||Barcelona|
|5||Shots On Target||5|
- Luis Suarez got a support as FC Barcelona dug out from a deficit to beat Rayo Vallecano 3-2 in LaLiga on Saturday night.
- Suarez got the opener for the Blaugrana in the eleventh moment with a diverted shot from inside the 18-yard-box after he was setup by Jordi Alba.
- The hosts were discovering chances on counter-assaults following 20 minutes, yet they were let around their basic leadership in the last third.
— FC Barcelona (@FCBarcelona) November 3, 2018
- Rayo evened out however in the 35th moment through Jose Angel Pozo with a lovely strike inside the case after Barça could not manage a cross into the case.
- Suarez nearly reestablished the lead for Barça four minutes previously the break with a swinging exertion from fresh that hit the woodwork.
- The hosts kept on undermining on counter-assaults in the end minutes of the half and figured out how to hold the Blaugrana to a 1-1 stalemate at the break.
- Ernesto Valverde’s charges were on the front foot in the initial ten minutes of the second stanza however they needed infiltration in the last third.
11’ – Barcelona Goal
35′ – Rayo Goal
57′ – Rayo Goal
87′ – Barcelona Goal
90′ – Barcelona Goal
Luis Suárez saves the day for Barcelona as they come from behind to win it in the final minutes. pic.twitter.com/5h0hDPvQlk
— FOX Soccer (@FOXSoccer) November 3, 2018
- Alvaro Garcia gave Rayo a 2-1 lead three minutes previously the hour, completing off a bounce back at short proximity from Raul de Tomas’ header that at first hit the post.
- Regardless of driving 2-1, Michel’s troops were not sitting back in the last quarter of a hour and were shockingly squeezing Barça high up the pitch which baffled the guests.
- Ousmane Dembele at long last leveled issues for Barça three minutes previously time with a half-volley from inside the crate into the base corner.
Philippe Coutinho has been looking like a shadow of his former self since his transfer to Barcelona last January, doesn’t look to have adapted fully nor has he stepped up to make up for Messi’s absence. £142m down the drain for Barcelona so far.
— Mootaz Chehade (@MHChehade) November 3, 2018
- Suarez at that point grabbed the victor in the last moment of direction time for Valverde’s men with a strike at the back post to seal all the three for the Catalan.
Visit allsportspk on later today, for the next matches of Match Day 11 of 38, LaLiga 2018-19.