Italian Serie A ’18-19 – Highlights: Cristiano Ronaldo Continues Blazing Form
These are the next three matches of of Serie A, Match Day 8 of 38. The highlights are appended below the points table.
For Complete team rankings, click here
Serie A – Match 2 of 10: Cagliari vs Bologna
Result: 2 – 0
- Cagliari: Joao Pedro 22′, Leonardo Pavoletti 68′
|5||Shots On Target||4|
- Lucas Castro enlivened Cagliari with two incredible crosses for the head of Joao Pedro and Leonardo Pavoletti to beat Bologna 2-0.
- The Sardinians were in critical need of a lift after 2 points from four rounds, however needed to manage without Ragnar Klavan and Charalampos Lykogiannis, with Luca Ceppitelli fit for the seat. Bologna had won two of their last 3 matches, however missed Rodrigo Palacio, Andrea Poli and Filip Helander.
Thanks for the tickets @CagliariCalcio, best atmosphere I’ve ever experienced at a football match, amazing supporters! Cagliari winning 2-0 was a great bonus, even though I only got to see the second goal. You definitely got a new fan today! Thank you so much! pic.twitter.com/RgQUFWRmFk
— Sondre Fløisand (@SondreFloisand) October 6, 2018
- Cagliari had not beaten Bologna here since 2012, when Radja Nainggolan got the conclusive goal, so end a keep running of 4 thrashings and 3 draws.
- The hosts got through when Lucas ‘Pata’ Castro nutmegged his marker and avoided down the left, however when the cross came in, Joao Pedro was left criminally plain for a free header.
- Cagliari lost veteran defender Darijo Srna to a thump, while Joao Pedro turned another header over the bar this time.
- Castro had another great run, disregarding 2 tackles, previously threading through for Joao Pedro, however Lukasz Skorupski surged off his line to cover.
Full time in Cagliari as the hosts beat Bologna 2-0!
▪First win for Cagliari in 5⃣ matches
▪Leonardo Pavoletti gets his 3rd Serie A ⚽ of the season
▪❌ Bologna still without an away win this campaign
— Strive Sport (@StriveFootball) October 6, 2018
- Diego Falcinelli’s turn and shot was diverted inches wide off Filippo Romagna, yet the linesman did not give a corner, while Castro impacted over from separation.
- Bologna’s most obvious opportunity came barely short of great importance check, with Alessio Cragno at full stretch to fingertip the Adam Nagy strike round the base of the far post.
- At the opposite end, Lukasz Skorupski palmed a Joao Pedro styler out of the far base corner, however Castro affirmed his Man of the Match execution with another great assist.
- Castro cut inside from the correct flank, put the cross to the back post on to the head of Leonardo Pavoletti with the outside of his correct boot.
- Cragno kept the perfect sheet flawless, getting down rapidly to palm away Blerim Dzemaili’s daisy-shaper. This implies Bologna remain the main side without an away goal in Serie A this season.
Serie A – Match 3 of 10: Udinese vs Juventus
Result: 0 – 2
- Juventus: Rodrigo Bentancure 33′, Cristiano Ronaldo 37′
|3||Shots On Target||7|
- Juventus made it a Perfect 10 to beginning the season, as Rodrigo Bentancur and Cristiano Ronaldo vanquished Udinese, with Simone Scuffet keeping the scoreline down.
- The Bianconeri had won every one of the 9 aggressive diversions so far this season, however invited back Cristiano Ronaldo after his Champions League boycott and sponsored him in spite of rape assertions in the media. Douglas Costa was suspended with Sami Khedira, Leonardo Spinazzola and Daniele Rugani harmed.
- The Friulani picked Antonin Barak to help Kevin Lasagna and Rodrigo De Paul, with Juve-claimed Rolando Mandragora.
10 wins in 10 games makes this the biggest win streak in Juventus history. Best Juve you’ve ever seen? 💯 pic.twitter.com/aKiuftCfL2
— ItalianFootballTV (@IFTVofficial) October 6, 2018
- Since Udinese’s last home prevail upon Juventus in 2010, 3-0 with Alexis Sanchez and Antonio Di Natale on target, they oversaw only three draws and five thrashings in this installation.
- Miralem Pjanic’s strike swerved only wide of the close best corner, at that point Ronaldo flicked on a free kick for Blaise Matuidi at the back stick, however the Frenchman was shut down.
- Juve heaped on the weight without truly testing Simone Scuffet, however in the long run got through with a counter-assault from Udinese’s corner.
It’s not a coincidence that Juventus has 10 straight wins outta 10 games since they bought the best player in the World.
— JAGS (@EtniesJags) October 6, 2018
- Cancelo sprung the offside snare and whipped in the cross with Bentancur getting his make a beeline for it before Ronaldo for his first objective in a Juventus shirt.
- Mario Mandzukic thought he had made it 2-0, yet constrained an incredible short proximity response spare from Scuffet, at that point minutes after the fact the Croatian thumped down a free ball for Ronaldo to crush left-footed over the goalkeeper from 10 yards with noteworthy power.
- Udinese attempted to get once more into it, as Antonin Barak’s daisy-shaper cut the outside of the upright.
📊 | RECORD:
Mister @OfficialAllegri ‘s Juventus are now the first ever Juventus side to win 🔟 consecutive games at the start of the season.
[all competitions included]
✅ ✅ ✅ ✅ ✅ ✅ ✅ ✅ ✅ ✅ pic.twitter.com/FZpm5j37CP
— Arjun Pradeep (@IndianRegista) October 6, 2018
- There was another chance for the Friulani after the restart, as De Paul’s free kick was thumped down for Kevin Lasagna, however Alex Sandro played out an goal-line clearance.
- Federico Bernardeschi fell off the seat to constrain another extremely solid low spare from Scuffet at the base of the close post from a Ronaldo assist.
- Bernardeschi’s slide-govern pass discharged Mandzukic for a shot over the bar, however Wojciech Szczesny additionally needed to repel an Ignacio Pussetto scorcher.
— Joby George (@JobyGeo19345834) October 6, 2018
- Scuffet kept the scoreline generally respectable, standing out a leg to deny Ronaldo from 10 yards on a Mandzukic pull-back. He additionally fingertipped a fierce and avoided Cancelo strike on to the crossbar in the last minutes.
Serie A – Match 4 of 10: Empoli vs Roma
Result: 0 – 2
- Roma: Steven Nzonzi 36′, Edin Dzeko 85′
|4||Shots On Target||3|
- Roma earned a fourth continuous triumph in all competitions with Steven Nzonzi and Edin Dzeko, however Empoli hit the woodwork and missed a penalty.
- The Giallorossi had won three on the ricochet between Serie A and the Champions League since moving to a 4-2-3-1 arrangement.
- With Javier Pastore and Aleksandar Kolarov harmed, Lorenzo Pellegrini was pushed up into his new trequartista job, with 19-year-old full-back Luca Pellegrini given his first begin for the place where he grew up club. It was a get-together for Aurelio Andreazzoli, who spent over 10 years in the Roma staff, incorporating as guardian director in 2013.
85′ | @EdDzeko wins the initial flick-on for El Shaarawy, who slips the ball back to him inside the box – and the striker evades the defenders brilliantly before shooting beyond Terracciano! YES!
— AS Roma English (@ASRomaEN) October 6, 2018
- Cengiz Under released a scorcher from 30 meters out that Pietro Terracciano traveled to beat away, while Lorenzo Pellegrini pulled once more from the by-line for the Turkish forward, however his complete was redirected wide off partner Edin Dzeko.
- Empoli squandered two or three promising counter-assaults with Leonardo Capezzi and Francesco Caputo, however were made to pay for those blunders.
- Lorenzo Pellegrini put in a free kick over the best for Steven Nzonzi’s looking header into the far base corner past the outstretched hand of Terracciano. It was Pellegrini’s third aid the same number of matches.
It wasn’t pretty, especially at the end, but good win, and clean sheet.
Both Pellegrini boys were great, Santon is our best defender, and Nzonzi was the best player on the pitch
— Roma Nir you (@NirMaoz) October 6, 2018
- Dzeko was arranging a volley at the back post when Matias Silvestre urgently captured the cross.
- It was an energetic begin to the 2nd half for Ismael Bennacer, who initially gave the ball away for Cengiz Under to twist inches wide of the far post, at that point set his very own magnificent free kick over the divider to cut the outside of the upright. That was the 7th time this season Empoli had shaken the woodwork.
- A corner was pulled back and struck Cengiz Under on the hand, with his arm trailing out genuinely wide, and the arbitrator decided on a punishment. Francesco Caputo ventured up, yet swelled his spot-kick appallingly both high and wide of the goal.
This sort of scrappy wins are the ones that have never come easily for Roma. Terrible performance but I’m content.
— Benjamin Camacho (@PenguinKaiser) October 6, 2018
- Empoli continued pushing and Roma were living perilously, however Caputo sprung the offside snare on a through ball just to again totally over-hit it over from eight yards.
- It truly was not Caputo’s night and he let go another fine possibility on to the side-netting after a shrewd pass, yet the Giallorossi were progressively sticking on and substitute Antonino La Gumina flashed his complete over the bar.
- Rather, Roma multiplied their lead against the keep running of play, as Stephan El Shaarawy strung a slide-run pass on the counter for Dzeko, who disregarded defenders and kept his cool to flame into the top of the net from 10 yards.
Visit allsportspk later today for the next matches of Match Day 8 of 38, Serie A 2018-19.