Italian Serie A ’18-19 – Highlights: Roma Make An Excellent Start
These are the next 5 matches of Match Day 1 of 38, that were held on 20th August 2018. The highlights are appended below the points table. In case, you missed the highlights of the last two matches click here.
For Complete team rankings, click here
Match 3 of 8: Torino vs AS Roma
Result: 0 – 1
- AS Roma: Edin Dzeko 89′
|Torino||Team Stats||AS Roma|
|4||Shots On Target||6|
- Roma striker Edin Dzeko scored with a paramount volley followed by by debutant Justin Kluivert to give his side a 1-0 win at Torino in their opening Serie A diversion.
- Dzeko’s goal at the 89th minute remunerated Roma for their constancy after they hit the woodwork three times in spite of the fact that the fighting hosts additionally struck the post and had a goal denied.
WHAT. A. GOAL. 🔥 pic.twitter.com/QBaIZusUCU
— AS Roma English (@ASRomaEN) 19 August 2018
- The match had all the earmarks of being setting out toward a draw until substitute Kluivert, the child of previous Barcelona and Netherlands forward Patrick Kluivert, gathered the ball in midfield, slipped past two Torino safeguards and constrained his way to the byline.
- The 19-year-old crossed into the region where Dzeko met the ball with within his left foot and sent a deft volley into the furthest corner of the net from an apparently incomprehensible edge.
* Dzeko’s stunning volley gives Roma last-gasp win: MILAN (Reuters) – AS Roma striker Edin Dzeko scored with a memorable volleyed goal following a mazy run by debutant Justin Kluivert to give his side a 1-0 win at Torino in th.. https://t.co/a877uAV9LR pic.twitter.com/HCU3q1EJei
— Cracking Bets (@crackingbet) 19 August 2018
- Aleksandar Kolarov and Dzeko both hit the post amid the principal half and the Bosnian again struck the woodwork from a free kick in the second half.
- Torino midfielder Tomas Rincon additionally struck the woodwork in the primary half with a plunging shot and Iago Falque had an objective refused for offside after a VAR audit three minutes after the break.
– Promising debut by Kluivert;
– Some good saves by Olsen. Solid debut;
– Pastore was so poor;
– Under and SES disfunctioned;
– Poor finishing and lack creativity
— Malcom Who? (@markushaposan) 19 August 2018
- Midfielder Javier Pastore and goalkeeper Robin Olsen additionally made their presentations for Roma, who were Champions League semifinalists a year ago.
- Torino mentor Walter Mazzarri was sent off for challenging about what he thought ought to have been a penalty for his team.
Match 4 of 8: Parma vs Udinese
Result: 2 – 2
- Parma: Roberto Inglese 43′, Antonino Barilla 59′
- Udinese: Rodrigo De Paul 65′ (P), Seko Fofana 69′
|4||Shots On Target||4|
- William Troost-Ekong delighted in a fruitful Udinese debut, as he helped his team secure a 2-2 away draw versus Parma in their opening Serie A game.
- Roberto Inglese and Antonio Barilla had given the hosts a 2 goal lead, yet Rodrigo De Paul pulled one back for the Little Zebras, while Cote d’Ivoire universal Seko Fofana had the last say with his 69th moment equalizer.
— footballitalia (@footballitalia) 19 August 2018
- Troost-Ekong joined the Italians from Bursaspor and was given a starter’s shirt by director Julio Velazquez. The 24-year-old did not baffle as he was on all the way at the Stadio Ennio Tardini.
- Much the same as the Nigerian, Fofona was on for the whole span while Ghana’s Nicholas Opoku was disregarded by Velazquez.
Parma’s 4 fans must be so happy they are managing to draw 0-0 with Udinese.
— Shivam Manghnani (@shivamLM) 8 April 2015
- With the away point, Udinese are seventh in the Serie A log and they invite Sampdoria to the Dacia Arena on August 26.
Match 5 of 8: Empoli vs Cagliari
Result: 2 – 0
- Empoli: Rade Krunic 14′, Francesco Caputo 52′
|4||Shots On Target||3|
- An easy win for Empoli on their opening match of the Serie A, as they won by a margin of two goals.
- In the first half, an Rade Krunic opened the scoring with a left footed shot as he netted the ball in the bottom right corner.
— CALCIO SQUARE (@calcio_square) 19 August 2018
- Chances were taken by Cagliari but they were unable to score in the 2nd half.
- In the 2nd half, Francesco Caputo struck with a left footed shot and sealed the victory for Empoli.
Match 6 of 8: Sassuolo vs Inter Milan
Result: 1 – 0
- Sassuolo: Domenico Berardi 27′ (P)
|Sassuolo||Team Stats||Inter Milan|
|2||Shots On Target||3|
- Inter Milan’s desires of challenging for the Serie A title started in an undesirable state of mind with a stunning 1-0 defeat by Sassuolo.
- A newly looking squad of Inter flaunted four new signings in their line-up in addition to Croatia World Cup finalist Marcelo Brozovic.
MATCH RESULT: @SassuoloUS 1 – @Inter 0; Well, #Sassuolo may be our bogey team, but this was not in the script – we lost our opening match to lose our enthusiasm. Oh my, oh my…#SassuoloInter #InterisHere #SerieA #SempreInterLIVE #FCIM pic.twitter.com/2AS0dJvw4L
— SempreInter.com (@SempreIntercom) 19 August 2018
- But it did not matter, as Domenico Berardi’s 27th-minute penalty, after Joao Mario cut down Federico Di Francesco, gave Sassuolo their lead upon a frustrating Inter, who have lost seven of their previous 11 matches against the Neroverdi.
Am telling you that this team (Inter) is deserved to lose.Forget about what they shoud’ve deserved in terms of the penalty shit.This team played so below the standard,especially the lack of creativity from the midfields,very obvious.Seriously couple things need to change, period.
— Radhian Abyantara (@RadhianAbyan) 19 August 2018
- Inter Milan offered introductions to Lautaro Martinez, Stefan de Vrij, Matteo Politano and Kwadwo Asamoah toward the beginning while Keita Balde went ahead amid the second half, yet their greatest marking, midfielder Radja Nainggolan, missed the amusement with an injury.
All that hype around Inter Milan building such a strong scudetto contender team… only to lose their opening game 0:1 to little ol’ Sassuolo. To think people were talking down on Napoli for having a weak mercato. #SerieA
— Pat Novak (@PatricNova) 19 August 2018
- The scoreline could have been more regrettable as Kevin-Prince Boateng hit the post on his Sassuolo debut.
- Sassuolo goalkeeper Andrea Consigli denied Inter a late equalizer with a brilliant point-clear spare from De Vrij’s header, as Milan lost their opening match of the Serie A 2018-19.
Match 7 of 8: Bologna vs SPAL
Result: 0 – 1
- SPAL: Jasmin Kurtic 71′
|3||Shots On Target||5|
- Not a fairytale start for Bologna, who lost their opening match to SPAL, despite several chances of scoring a goal.
- Both teams were excellent in their first half, and despite some very good chances no goals were struck.
Win on the road to start the season for the mighty Spal!
— Joshua Jones (@seabourne92) 19 August 2018
- In the 2nd half, SPAL continued to dominate ball possession and it was Jasmin Kurtic who scored a magnificent goal to put his team in the lead.
- Bologna took 12 shots in the whole match but with only 3 on target they could not score from a single one and lost the match.
Visit allsportspk later today, for the next matches of Serie A, Match Day 1 of 38.