ITF Pakistan Junior Tennis C’ship 2019 – 2nd Leg: Top Seed British Daniel Eliminated By Pak’s Shoaib
ISLAMABAD: On the day of Quarter and Semi Finals, a major upset was caused by 5th Seed Shoaib Khan (PAK). who eliminated top seed Daniel Webb (GBR) in the ITF Pakistan Junior World Ranking Tennis Championships here at at S.Dilawar Abbas PTF Tennis Complex, Islamabad.
In the first 1st Quarter final of Boys Singles; which lasted for three hours and 15 minutes. Both players displayed quality tennis, but the 5th seed Shoaib Khan (PAK) out smarted the top seed from Great Britain in a thrilling and exciting encounter. The score went up to 5-5 all in the first set, with Daniel Webb winning the first set at 7-5 by breaking 12th game of 1st set after three deuces. In the second set Shoaib Khan build up the winning lead 3-1 by breaking 3rd game of Daniel in which he made two double faults. Daniel started attacking and build up the lead 5-3 by breaking 6th and 8th game of Shoaib Khan. The Pakistani player leveled the score 5-5 all by breaking 9th game of Daniel Webb and second set was decided in tie break which won by Shoaib Khan at 7-4 after being down 2-4 in the tie break. Shoaib Khan was in full command in the final set and did not allow his opponent to settle down with his powerful forehand and backhand drives and won the final set at 6-1 by breaking 3rd, 5th and 7th game of Daniel Webb and advanced into the Semi final
2nd Seed Huzaifa Abdul Rehman (PAK) won his encounter against 8th seed of Ahmed Kamil of Pakistan in straight sets 6-4 6-2. 3rd Seed Kim Min-Joon (KOR) proved too good for Saqib Hayat (PAK) and eliminated in straight sets 6-3 6-2 and will face Huzaifa Abdul Rehman in second semi final.
In the last quarter final Kang Gunuk (KOR) was in also excellent form and eliminated Muhammad Nauman Aftab of Pakistan without too much resistance at score of 6-1, 6-1 and will face Shoaib Khan (PAK) in the first semi final.
In the girls singles event Aysegul Mert (TUR), Choi Ji-Woo (KOR), Valitova Arina (RUS) and unseeded Jang Soo Ha (KOR) advanced into the semi final by eliminating their respective opponents in straight sets. Aysegul Mert will face Chio Ji-Woo (KOR) while Valitova Arina (RUS) will face Jang Soo Ha (KOR) in the 2nd semi final.
The Quarter Final results were as follows:
Boys Singles Quarter Finals:
- Shoaib Khan (PAK) beat Daniel Webb (GBR) 5-7, 7-6(4), 6-1;
- Kang Gunuk (KOR) beat M.Nouman Aftab (PAK) 6-1, 6-1;
- Min-Joon KIM (KOR) beat Saqib Hayat (PAK) 6-3, 6-2;
- Huzaifa Abdul Rehman (PAK) beat Kamil Ahmed (PAK) 6-4, 6-2.
Girls Singles Quarter Finals:
- Aysegul Mert (TUR) beat Cheraghi Dorsa (IRI) 6-2, 6-3;
- Choi Ji-Woo (KOR) beat Thouard Clemence (FRA) 6-1, 6-2;
- Valitova Arina (RUS) beat Khanloo Mahta (IRI) 6-0, 6-1;
- Jang Soo Ha (KOR) beat Elmas Leyla Nilufer (TUR) 6-2, 6-2.
Boys Doubles Quarter Final:
- Ksese Luca Emanuel (GER) / Daniel Webb (GBR) beat Sami Zeb Khan (PAK) / Tootoonchi Moghadam (IRI) 7-5, 7-6(3);
Boys Doubles Semi Final:
- In progress
Girls Doubles Quarter Final:
- Cheraghi Dorsa (IRI) / Shen Hannah Kaile (HKG) beat Abas Aliya (MDA) / Thouard Clemence (FRA) 6-4, 4-6, 10-7.
Girls Doubles Semi Final:
- Khanloo Mahta (IRI) / Safi Meshkatolzahra (IRI) beat Aysegul Mert (TUR) / Elmas Leyla Nilufer (TUR) 6-3, 2-6, 10-3;
- Choi Ji-Woo (KOR) / Jang Soo Ha (KOR) beat Cheraghi Dorsa (IRI) / Shen Hannah Kaile (HKG) 6-4, 6-1.
For more updates keep visiting allsportspk