Pakistan Vs England 1st Test At Lords
||Pakistan Vs England
| Match Basics
|1st Test Match – Day 1: Pakistan Vs England
|Date: 24th May, 2018
|Venue: Lord’s, London
|Umpires: Raud Tucker, Paul Reiffel
Toss won by: England elected to bat first
| Scorecard Summary
|Pakistan’s 1st Innings: 350/8 (110 Overs, RR: 3.18)
|Performers – Day 2:
|Batting: Azhar Ali 50 off 136 balls , Shadab Khan 52 off 85 balls, Faheem Ashraf 37 off 38 balls, Babar Azam 68 off 120 balls, Asad Shafiq 59 off 100 balls, Haris Sohail 39 off 95 balls.
|Bowling: Ben Stokes 3/73 in 22 overs, Jimmy Anderson 3/82 in 26 overs, Stuart Broad 1/50 in 23 overs.
|Highlights & Analysis
- After bowling out England for a 180 runs in the 1st innings, Pakistan had managed to lose only one wicket in their first innings as Day 1 of this test match came to an end.
- Day 2 now went underway as Pakistan looked to add more runs to their total and hopefully score a huge lead today.
- Meanwhile, England banked on their bowlers to take wickets and prevent Pakistan to run away with the match.
- So, Azhar Ali and Haris Sohail resumed play from where they left off with England pacers looking to take their wickets as soon as possible.
- But, England were denied any wickets as both batsmen extended their partnership for another 30+ runs but not for long as Mark Wood struck in the 37th over as he force Haris Sohail to edge out to Bairstow.
- Asad Shafiq now joined Azhar Ali on the crease as both batsmen shared a 32-run partnership to further extend Pakistan’s total. Azhar Ali also reached 50 runs in the process.
- But, just as this partnership was looking threatening, it was England’s spearhead James Anderson who pinned the Pakistani opener lbw and Pakistan were now 3 down for 119 runs.
- Babar Azam now joined Asad Shafiq on the crease as England looked for more quick wickets. However, that didn’t happen as these middle order batsmen shared a 84-run stand between them as Shafiq registered yet another fifty to his name.
- After that Asad Shafiq got dropped by Buttler but it didn’t matter as he was out on the very next ball and Stokes got his first wicket of the match.
- The Pakistani skipper, Sarfaraz now joined Babar Azam on the crease but his stay was cut short by Stokes as he misjudged his hook shot as the ball flew to fine leg where Mark Wood completed a simple catch.
- Shadab Khan was the new man in as he joined Babar Azam who had already completed his half century and was now looking to convert this into a century.
- But, his dreams were thrashed by Ben Stokes as a bouncer by the English pacer hurt Babar Azam and he was sent back to the pavilion.
- Shadab Khan and Faheem Ashraf now partnered up as both batsmen brought out their aggressive game to put England on the back foot and extend Pakistan’s lead even more.
- Both batsmen shared a 72-run partnership as Pakistan extended their lead over 100 runs.
- Both were looking quite solid however, England needed a wicket at this point and it was provided to them by James Anderson as he uprooted the stumps of Faheem Ashraf in the 100th over.
- Amir now joined Shadab as the leg-spinner continued to play his shots and reach his fifty to add more frustration to the England bowlers.
- However, Stokes got rid of Shadab to claim his 3rd wicket of the match followed by Anderson who also claimed his 3rd wicket as Hasan Ali got out after facing only 5 balls.
- England were now looking to clean the tail and take the remaining wickets however the umpires called stumps and the 2nd day of this test came to an end.
- Pakistan enjoyed yet another day of this test and now lead with 166 runs on the board.
End of 1st Test – Day 2 (Pakistan Vs England): That is it for today do join allsportspk tomorrow for the 3rd day of this riveting test between Pakistan Vs England.
JE Root (c)
JM Bairstow †
Sarfraz Ahmed (Cpt.)
|For updates regularly visit: Allsportspk
error: Content is protected !!