Premier League ’18-19 – Highlights: Rejuvenated Burnley Earns A Win Over Cluless Cardiff
This is the next match of Premier League, Match Day 7 of 38. The highlights are appended below the points table.
Points Table – Premier League ’18-19
For Complete Premier League 2018-19 team rankings, click here
Match 9 of 10: Cardiff City vs Burnley FC
Result: 1 – 2
- Cardiff City: Josh Murphy 60′
- Burnley FC: Johann Bergo Guomundsson 51′, Sam Vokes 70′
|Cardiff City||Team Stats||Chelsea|
|5||Shots On Target||2|
- Cardiff City passed up on an opportunity to move out of the Premier League’s last 3 by surrendering two poor goals, in a 2-1 home thrashing by Burnley on Sunday.
- The guests’ Icelandic national, Johann Berg Gudmundsson headed the opening goal in the 52nd moment from Charlie Taylor’s cross, yet after 8 minutes Josh Murphy, who had prior hit a post, scored a merited Cardiff equalizer.
- Feeble defending permitted Welsh worldwide Sam Vokes to head the triumphant goal from Gudmundsson’s volleyed cross.
Joe Hart excellent for Burnley against Cardiff City. Two very good saves in particular. “England’s No 4”* clearly responding to Sean Dyche’s man-management, a manager who rebuilds belief. (* copyright Cardiff fans).
— Henry Winter (@henrywinter) September 30, 2018
- A 4th progressive annihilation left advanced Cardiff second base with two points, from 7 matches, while Burnley’s first away win pushed them into midtable.
- The home side’s immediate style in any case harried Burnley all through, especially from set pieces, prompting one denied goal and a leeway off the line before halftime.
- The long tosses and heading capacity of captain Sean Morrison were especially hazardous.
No disrespect to Cardiff City and Burnley, as a Newcastle supporter; you two along with us and Huddersfield Town are like that episode of The Inbetweeners where they’re trying to get into a party they specifically weren’t invited to.
— Jonny Sharples (@JonnyGabriel) September 30, 2018
- In the 10 minutes before halftime, Morrison twice won headers from corners at the far post to make a decent chance.
- He was punished for a foul, in any case, before Murphy flicked the ball past Joe Hart and when he headed square once more, substitute Kevin Long tidied up the line from Callum Paterson.
- Prior to that Murphy, cutting in from the left, hit the outside of a post.
- By the interim Cardiff had 10 endeavors on goal to Burnley’s one – they completed with 19 against three – however an absence of focus prompted them falling behind right off the bat in the second half.
280 – The first half between Cardiff and Burnley saw just 280 passes attempted, with a 59% completion rate; both season-low figures for a first half in the Premier League. Grind. #CARBUR
— OptaJoe (@OptaJoe) September 30, 2018
- Taylor was permitted to hook onto a snappy toss and cross to the far post, where Gudmundsson pressed his header past goalkeeper Neil Etheridge.
- Murphy balanced with a formed side-footed exertion from 15 meters for his first Premier League goal, since a 12 million pound ($15.63 million) exchange from Norwich City.
- He at that point constrained Hart into a fine spare from a plunging shot.
- Yet, slack defending work enabled Gudmundsson to volley a cross and Vokes to look in a stooping header for another Burnley win to take after a week ago’s 4-0 accomplishment against Bournemouth.
When the away team’s goalkeeper receives the Man of the Match award it says a lot about the home team’s possession and shots! ⚽?
— Matthew Lofthouse (@MLofthousePJ) September 30, 2018
Visit allsportspk, on Tuesday, 2nd October, for the last match of Match Day 7 of 38; Premier League 2018-19.