|PSL 2018: Schedule|
|1st Play-Off Match: Islamabad United versus Karachi Kings
|Date: 18th March, 2018|
|Ground: Dubai International Cricket Stadium|
|Umpires: Rashid Riaz, Aleem Dar|
|Toss won by: Karachi Kings, elected to field first|
|1st Team Play: 154/4 (20 Overs, RR: 7.7)|
|Batting: Colin Ingram 68 off 39 balls, Joe Denly 51 off 46 balls.|
|Bowling: Mohammad Sami 2/20 in 4 overs, Amad Butt 1/16 in 2 overs.|
|Target: 155 runs from 20 overs.|
|2ND Team Play: 155/2 (12.3/20 ov, target 155)|
|Batting: Luke Ronchi 94 off 39 balls.|
|Bowling: Usman Khan 1/44 in 3.3 overs.|
|Player of the match: Luke Ronchi|
|Result: Islamabad United won by 8 wickets.|
|Highlights & Analysis|
|1. It was a Qualifier match for the final between two well-balanced teams; Karachi Kings and Islamabad United. It was surely going to be an exciting match as the winner of this match would cement its place in the PSL final scheduled to be held in Karachi.
2. Karachi’s openers Joe Denly and Khurram Manzoor walked out in the middle. This was Khurram Manzoor’s chance to prove himself but he failed again as the 37-year old Muhammad Sami struck twice in the fourth over to remove Manzoor and Babar Azam.
3.The captain Eoin Morgan joined Denly on the crease and both shared a 29-run partnership before Morgan got out to Amad Butt.
4.The master blaster Colin Ingram joined his teammate Denly and both shared an aggressive partnership of 82 off 57 balls. Denly reached fifty but could not go on and got hit wicket off Faheem Ashraf’s bowling.
5. The damage had already been done by the pair but Karachi were still far away from a respectable total. Ingram however, was not going to let go as he remained unbeaten on 68* off 39 balls to propel Islamabad to 154 in 20 overs.
6. Islamabad openers Luke Ronchi and Sahibzada Farhan stood at their crease and started the proceedings for Islamabad.
7. It looked like Ronchi had a good breakfast as began demolishing the Karachi bowlers all over the ground. He was sparing no one and was batting fiercely without any room for error.
8. Ronchi went on to score the fastest fifty of PSL and broke the record of Umar Akmal who had reached the landmark in 22 balls. Sahibzada Farhan complimented his partner as both shared a partnership of 91 runs before Farhan holed out to Afridi who took the catch comfortably.
9. Alex Hales joined his partner in the middle and supported him beautifully as the duo shared a partnership of 39 runs after which Hales departed off Usman Khan’s bowling.
10. Samit Patel joined the blazing Ronchi who scored 94 runs off 39 balls to seal Islamabad’s spot in the final.
11. Islamabad won this match with relative ease all thanks to Karachi’s fielders inability to hold on to the ball. Due to their poor fielding Karachi handed Islamabad a blazing victory on a silver platter who accepted it graciously.
12. And Islamabad United became the first team to qualified for the final.
|Karachi Kings:||Islamabad United:|
Muhammad Rizwan (WK)
For updates regularly visit: Allsportspk