Spanish LaLiga ’18-19 – Highlights: Real Madrid Find Their Consistency Under Solari
These are the last 5 matches of LaLiga, Match Day 12 of 38. The highlights are appended below the points table.
For Complete team rankings, click here
LaLiga 2018-19– Match 6 of 10: Alaves vs Huesca
Result: 2 – 1
- Alaves: Jony Rodriguez 41′, Ruben Sobrino 68′
- Huesca: Moi Gomez 35′
|5||Shots On Target||2|
- The battling soul and nature of Alaves was on show on Sunday evening as they combated again from behind to beat Huesca 2-1.
- Moi Gomez had put the away side in front as they searched for three significant points in their offer get off the base, in spite of the fact that it was because of a poor goalkeeping mistake from Antonio Sivera.
- Alaves squeezed forward and only six minutes after the fact they drew level through Jony when he diverted in a cross from Ibai. The two goals were looked into by VAR yet on each event, the underlying choice was maintained.
FT 2-2. 4 draws in 3 competitions since the Alaves defeat. Last league win was in September in Bilbao, and only 3 total this season in 3 competitions. A new manager can’t solve everything, but not sure the board has other options.
— Villarreal USA (@VillarrealUSA) November 11, 2018
- Ibai botched an opportunity to put Alaves ahead before the break in an amusement low on quality and the triumphant objective did in the end please 69 minutes, when a Ruben Semedo blunder saw the ball fall in the zone for Ruben Sobrino and he committed no error in finding the back of the net.
LaLiga 2018-19– Match 7 of 10: Barcelona vs Real Betis
Result: 3 – 4
- Barcelona: Lionel Messi 68′ (P), 90+2′, Arturo Vidal 79′
- Real Betis: Junior Firpo 20′, Joaquin 34′, Giovani Lo Celso 71′, Sergio Canales 83′
|Barcelona||Team Stats||Real Betis|
|5||Shots On Target||8|
- Barcelona neglected to expand their lead at the LaLiga summit as they tumbled to a blunder strewn home annihilation to Real Betis.
- The returning Lionel Messi scored twice yet was not able avert LaLiga pioneers Barcelona slipping to a turbulent 4-3 annihilation to Real Betis at Camp Nou.
- Messi – showing up since cracking his arm against Sevilla on October 20 – could just watch on as Barca’s safeguard was tore separated by Betis, who finished a run of eight straight annihilations away to the Catalan side.
Lionel Messi returns from injury to score his 13th and 14th goals this season … but Barcelona lose 4-3 at home to Real Betis. pic.twitter.com/q25nUrQDnF
— UEFA Champions League (@ChampionsLeague) November 11, 2018
- Ernesto Valverde’s men begun lazily and were rebuffed following 20 minutes when Junior scored his second alliance goal of the season before veteran winger Joaquin multiplied their favorable position 11 minutes before the interim.
- Messi pulled one over from the penalty spot following 68 minutes before Marc-Andre ter Stegen spilled Giovani Lo Celso’s shot into his very own net three minutes after the fact.
- Arturo Vidal gave Barca any expectation of a show off complete a short ways from time yet Sergio Canales slid home a Betis fourth with seven minutes remaining, soon after Ivan Rakitic was sent-off, and not in any case a second from Messi in stoppage time could spare the hosts.
— Felix egbo (@xdom718) November 11, 2018
- Betis began with a swagger – Joaquin blasting over following six minutes – and were compensated in the twentieth moment when Junior gathered William Carvalho’s pass on the left, cut inside Sergi Roberto and let go a fresh drive inside Ter Stegen’s correct hand post.
- Pau Lopez magnificently tipped over Clement Lenglet’s extending volley five minutes after the fact before a sharp counter assault multiplied Betis’ favorable position in the 34th moment.
For the first time in history, Barça lose a game in which Lionel Messi has scored 2 or more goals. Kryptonite. [opta] pic.twitter.com/tf830Dotz1
— FC BARCELONA NEWS (@StanleyMwani) November 11, 2018
- Junior’s low cross was met at the back post by Cristian Tello, who chose Joaquin to slide past Ter Stegen from 10 yards for his second class objective of the battle.
- Minutes subsequent to terminating tortuously wide of Ter Stegen’s post, Tello pulled Jordi Alba’s shirt in the region and Messi hammered home the subsequent spot-kick.
- Ter Stegen at that point permitted Lo Celso’s drive to sneak past his grip following 71 minutes for Betis’ third before substitute Vidal completed from short proximity subsequent to being teed up by Munir El Haddadi.
If you see Valverde’s Barça play beautifully consistently, you just became a Barça supporter.
We need a coach who will set up a good system & philosophy (Cruyff’s). Even if we lose, it should be by giving it all and playing beautifully. https://t.co/S7sKe4z58M
— Barcelona Worldwide (@BarcaWorldwide) November 11, 2018
- Rakitic got a second yellow card for a foul on Lo Celso before Canales seemed to put the outcome certain, sliding home Junior’s cross a short ways from time, yet Messi guaranteed there was late show, tucking home Vidal’s hang loose. The goal was in the long run given after a VAR audit for offside, yet it was short of what was needed, for Valverde’s shell-stunned side.
LaLiga 2018-19– Match 8 of 10: Rayo Vallecano vs Villarreal
Result: 2 – 2
- Rayo Vallecano: Raul de Tomas 45+1′, Alvaro Garcia Rivera 66′
- Villarreal: Samuel Chukwueze 33′, Nicola Sansone 80′
|Rayo Vallecano||Team Stats||Villarreal|
|7||Shots On Target||5|
- Rayo Vallecano and Villarreal would not be content with the outcome at the Estadio Vallecas as both required the win, anyway the Yellow Submarine will be appreciative for Nicola Sansone’s late equalizer as it halted them slipping to another thrashing.
- The Italian, who just had a couple of minutes on the pitch, made a go in the 80th moment that hushed the franjirroja fans.It was a session of consistent toing and froing, with the two sides going close before Chukwueze opened the scoring for the guests.
Wonderkid Samuel Chukwueze scored his first La Liga goal for Villarreal on Sunday in their 2-2 away draw to Rayo Vallecano at the Estadio de Vallecas.
The Super Eagles invitee, w… pic.twitter.com/2d6fTm6ciD
— TopGistNaija (@TopGist247) November 11, 2018
- Just before the break, Raul de Tomas leveled things up and the equity proceeded in the second half.Alvaro Garcia had been on the pitch for three minutes on the pitch when he put the hosts 2-1 ahead, and Vallecas was bobbing as the match achieved its last minutes.
- The commotion swung to quiet when Sansone showed up, and there were still more shots squandered by the two groups from there on.
For the last 2 matches, move on to the next page!