Spanish LaLiga ’18-19 – Highlights: Real Madrid Suffer Shocking Defeat
These are the next 4 matches of LaLiga, Match Day 8 of 38. The highlights are appended below the points table.
For Complete team rankings, click here
Match 2 of 10: Girona vs Eibar
Result: 2 – 3
- Girona: Cristhian Stuani 40′, 42′
- Eibar: Charles 12′ (P), Anaitz Arbilla 45+5′, Sergi Enrich 72′
|3||Shots On Target||4|
- Girona’s 3-2 home thrashing by Eibar had completely everything; goals, VAR, debate, rebounds.
- With 12 minutes on the clock, Charles put the guests ahead of the pack from the spot, however Cristhian Stuani, so frequently the saint for Girona, scored two of every three minutes just before the break to have the Estadio Montilivi bobbing before half-time.
Goals by Charles, Anaitz Arbilla & Sergi Enrich handed Eibar a 3-2 win over Girona away from home. #SSFootball
— SuperSport Blitz (@SuperSportBlitz) October 6, 2018
- Their euphoria was brief, be that as it may, as in the fifth moment of first-half injury time, Arbilla drew the Basques level.
- A significantly calmer second-half created a significant winner to effortlessness any match, Sergi Enrich’s header fixing every one of the 3 points.
Match 3 of 10: Getafe CF vs Levante
Result: 0 – 1
- Levante: Enis Bardhi 60′
|Getafe CF||Team Stats||Levante|
|4||Shots On Target||3|
- Lionel Messi may remain the best freekick taker in LaLiga Santander, however he has Enis Bardhi simply behind him, with the Levante player netting amazingly, one more freekick for the east drift club on Saturday evening in a 1-0 triumph.
- Of the 10 goals, the 23-year-old has gotten for Levante since participating in 2017, six of them have been immediate freekicks.
Strange ending at the Coliseum as Francisco Portillo is sent off, presumably for saying something to the ref.
— La Liga Lowdown ???⚽️ (@LaLigaLowdown) October 6, 2018
- His most recent left away at Getafe, who had the most obvious opportunity with regards to the primary half, just for Oier Olazabal to spare fabulously when Nemanja Maksimovic was through one-on-one in the 31st moment.
- That kept the scoreline goalless at the break, before Bardhi lit up the portable fire stick winning freekick 15 minutes into the second time frame. Levante could hang on for the win, at last vanquishing 10 men after Francisco Portillo was sent off in stoppage time, probably to state something to the referee.
Great goal of the Levante
GET 0-1 LEV pic.twitter.com/VWDjcZaJbq
— Romuli (@Romuli4) October 6, 2018
Match 4 of 10: Alaves vs Real Madrid
Result: 1 – 0
- Real Madrid: Manuel Alejando Garcia Sanchez 90+5′
|Alaves||Team Stats||Real Madrid|
|4||Shots On Target||6|
- Real Madrid’s terrible run proceeded as Manu Garcia’s last-wheeze header asserted a sensational 1-0 LaLiga win for Deportivo Alaves.
- On as a second-half substitute, Garcia benefited from horrendous Madrid stamping to gesture home from point-clear range in the last moment of stoppage time and rebuff Madrid’s wickedness at the opposite end.
- It was just Alaves merited on the parity of the match, with Madrid’s dreary assaulting play causing issues down the road for them indeed.
⚪️ @RealMadrid’s Form:
? Games: 4
✅ Wins: 0
? Goals Scored: 0
? Their worst goal-drought since 1985.
— SPORF (@Sporf) October 6, 2018
- Julen Lopetegui’s side have now gone three LaLiga matches without a goal out of the blue since March 2002, and have lost 3 of their last 4 installations in all rivalries.
- The annihilation aggravates a hopeless keep running for Lopetegui, who required a response following an overwhelming thrashing to Sevilla and their unexpected 1-0 misfortune to CSKA Moscow in the Champions League, and the previous Spain manager is certain to feel the weight.
- Madrid were on top at an opportune time with Karim Benzema and Dani Ceballos both driving Fernando Pacheco without hesitation before Nacho Fernandez headed wide.
— LaLiga (@LaLigaEN) October 6, 2018
- Benzema went nearer in the ninth moment, Ximo Navarro’s frantic objective line leeway denying Madrid an opener, yet that was the last possibility of note the guests would make.
- Toni Kroos, on his 200th Madrid appearance, acted the hero after the interim, making an essential block attempt after Ibai Gomez locked onto Jony’s cross.
- Ruben Duarte attempted his fortunes from range as Alaves’ weight proceeded, with Thibaut Courtois blessed the bounce back from his spare did not tumble to Gomez.
Real Madrid have failed to score in four consecutive games across all competitions for the first time in the 21st century.
Sevilla 3-0 Real
Real 0-0 Atletico
CSKA 1-0 Real
Alavés 1-0 Real
— Squawka Football (@Squawka) October 6, 2018
- Marco Asensio’s presentation infused some criticalness, however it was Alaves substitute Garcia who might have the last say.
- Jony’s circling corner discovered Ruben Sobrino plain at the far post, and he had the sound judgment to head the ball back crosswise over goal, with Garcia close by to anchor a celebrated triumph.
After sacrificing his job as Spain NT manager just days before the World Cup to be Real Madrid’s coach, Julen Lopetegui’s sacking is edging closer and closer by Madrid following his team’s disappointing results and failing to score a single goal in 300+ minutes of football.
— Mootaz Chehade (@MHChehade) October 6, 2018
Match 5 of 10: Leganes vs Rayo Vallecano
Result: 1 – 0
- Leganes: Guido Carrillo 14′
|Leganes||Team Stats||Rayo Vallecano|
|4||Shots On Target||2|
- An unbelievably intense beginning to the season had left Leganes base of the LaLiga Santander table in front of the eighth round, even with a triumph over Barcelona to their name, however Los Pepineros got off the foot of the table on Saturday evening with a 1-0 win against capital city neighbors Rayo Vallecano.
- Guido Carillo got the home side off to a brilliant beginning as he turned in a Michael Santos cross in the 14th minute for a goal which ended up being the winning goal.
- Rayo did not react well at first and their mentor Michel invested the vast majority of the half energy break in the hole considering the circumstance, before rolling out a twofold improvement in the 49th moment, presenting Alvaro Garcia and Adrian Embarba for Bebe and Gael Kakuta.
Nice to see Oscar’s leap, maybe unexpectedly. Two seasons ago he was at Juvenil A. He didn’t impress much last season with Castilla. Didn’t play at all with Leganes early on. He’s been good the past few games, and tonight he’s the focal point of everything Pellegrino has designed
— Kiyan Sobhani (@KiyanSo) October 6, 2018
- The guests enhanced after this change and Alvaro Medran struck the crossbar from a freekick in the 73rd moment, before Oscar Rodriguez approached with a direct freekick endeavor of his own.
- Everything was set up for an exciting last 10 minutes, yet Medran was then demonstrated a second yellow and rejected in the 82nd moment, enabling Leganes to see out the last minutes with a man advantage.
I told you guys when we lost against leganes that a league campaign is different,big teams will always drop ridiculous points
— TℹⓂℹ™ (@realtimi_o) October 6, 2018
Visit allsportspk later today for the next matches of Match Day 8 of 38, LaLiga 2018-19.