Spanish LaLiga ’18-19 – Highlights: Barcelona Drop Down To 2nd In LaLiga Standings
These are the next 4 matches of LaLiga, Match Day 8 of 38. The highlights are appended below the points table.
For Complete team rankings, click here
Match 6 of 10: Valladolid vs Huesca
Result: 1 – 0
- Valladolid: Ruben Alcaraz 28′
|3||Shots On Target||1|
- A solitary goal from Ruben Alcaraz was sufficient to anchor another 3 points for Real Valladolid in their 1-0 prevail upon Huesca, which sees them ascend to 6th in the table.
- They have been in noteworthy type recently, going unbeaten in their last 4 matches and winning three on the ricochet.
Valladolid win 1-0 over Huesca.
Having not scored in their first 4 Liga games, Valladolid have scored 7 in 4 to go 6th, level on points with Atlético and Betis on 12 points.
— Matthew Clark (@MattClark_08) October 7, 2018
- Their most recent triumph was settled because of a fine 1st half strike from Alcaraz. A 27th moment free-kick from the midfielder left goalkeeper Aleksandar Jovanovic vulnerable and turned out to be the distinction between the teams.
- Valladolid’s triumph keeps them in the European positions, even at this beginning time of the season, and it stays to be checked whether they can keep up their amazing frame.
Valladolid win the battle of the new boys. Real Pressure on Leo Franco now. #RealValladolidHuesca
— LaLiga Expert (@LigaExpert) October 7, 2018
Match 7 of 10: Atletico Madrid vs Real Betis
Result: 1 – 0
- Atletico Madrid: Angel Correa 74′
|Atletico Madrid||Team Stats||Real Betis|
|5||Shots On Target||0|
- Atletico Madrid crushed Real Betis 1-0 in a very tight match, as the 2nd half strike from forward Angel Correa as mentor Diego Simeone’s substitutions satisfied.
- Atletico saw little of the ball against Betis yet figured out how to keep the guests under control with clever protective work and had unmistakably risks – including one for forward Nikola Kalinic, who hit the woodwork – in spite of the fact that despite everything they attempted to discover a path through until the point when Simeone rearranged his pack.
— Stephen (@StphnFCB) October 7, 2018
- Kalinic, who had come in for the harmed Diego Costa, cleared a path for Thomas Partey, and Correa was expedited instead of Thomas Lemar.
- It was Correa who won the ball and played a one-two off Partey before arrowing into the far base corner in the 74th moment.
- Atletico have taken 15 points through 8 matches, having lost just once.
Don’t worry we’ll win the league at the end. Coz Atletico, Madrid and us, we are all going to play CL games at the same time, where everyone will drop points. And At Madrid cannot keep the second half of the season winning all games. They are useless in 2nd half.
— Visça Barça! (@Sohanbansode) October 7, 2018
Match 8 of 10: Espanyol vs Villarreal
Result: 3 – 1
- Espanyol: Hernan Perez 7′, Sergi Darder 79′, Pablo Piatti 90+2′
- Villarreal: Karl Toko Ekambi 45′
|12||Shots On Target||6|
- Espanyol proceeded with their triumphant beginning at home by proving to be the best 3-1 against Villarreal in LaLiga Santander on Sunday with Hernan Perez, Darder and Piatti getting the goals.
- The winning edge could have been more extensive with Espanyol pushing from the beginning and a VAR intervention enlightened that defender Victor Ruiz did not cut down Borja Iglesias.
— RCD ESPANYOL ENGLAND (@ESCE_RCDE) October 7, 2018
- It did not take long, however, for Espanyol to proceed with Borja putting the ball on a plate for Hernan Perez, a shock in the beginning lineup, to opening home.
- Espanyol looked agreeable against a Villarreal midfield that offered little resistence and the way that the scoreline stayed as it was for so long was more than anything down to the poor completing of Borja, which was the main piece of his match that was disappointing him.
Atletico and Sevilla won. Sevilla is 1st atletico is 2nd and we’re 4th. If barcelona wins they will be 1st and we will be 5th with the same points amount as Espanyol and Alaves.
— Semir (@IronLion_RM) October 7, 2018
- Still the guests were level at half time with Ekambi netting and the principal goal from the resistance this season at Cornella.
- Villarreal enhanced in the second half yet it was Darder that set Espanyol back in front and Piatti wrapped up the scoring in injury time.
Match 9 of 10: Sevilla vs Celta Vigo
Result: 2 – 1
- Sevilla: Pablo Sarabia 39′, Wissam Ben Yedder 61′
- Celta Vigo: Sofiane Boufal 85′
|Sevilla||Team Stats||Celta Vigo|
|3||Shots On Target||5|
- Sevilla proceeded with their fantastic LaLiga frame with a 2-1 prevail upon Celta Vigo. It is a four triumph on the skip for the Andalusian team in a match that practically had everything; and one that Celta pushed all them the distance.
- Pablo Sarabia scored in the only goal of the primary half with a relentless header from a cross from previous Man City winger Jesus Navas.
- But it was what occurred in the second half why this match will be recollected.
- The match began to get touchy with yellow cards pulled for guilty parties Facundo Sebastian Roncaglia and Daniel Carrico yet Celta safeguard Nestor Araujo went one better by getting two yellows in a similar number of minutes, prompting his merited expulsion.
- Down to ten men, the home side took full favorable position with the in-frame Wissam Ben Yedder netting a tasteful goal for the hosts, despite the fact that it took VAR to affirm the goal, as Sarabia was spot very nearly being offside before playing in a quality first time ball for the Frenchman.
- Regardless of being 2 goals down and having a man sent off, Celta had a lively last half hour and their undertakings were remunerated through a splendid strike from substitute Sofiane Boufal, a shot from fresh to one side corner.
Match 10 of 10: Valencia vs Barcelona
Result: 1 – 1
- Valencia: Ezequeil Garay 2′
- Barcelona: Lionel Messi 23′
|3||Shots On Target||5|
- Lionel Messi scored a splendid equalizer as Barcelona’s winless kept running in LaLiga extended to four matches following a 1-1 draw at Valencia.
- Ezequiel Garay profited by horrendous stamping to change over a corner in the second moment, yet Valencia were not able capitalize on their initial predominance at Mestalla on Sunday.
- Messi leveled halfway through the principal half with an awesome strike from outside the punishment zone, in spite of the fact that Barca, who beat Tottenham 4-2 in the Champions League in midweek, could not discover a winning goal.
Tbh, Barcelona fans deserve what they’re getting. It’s Valverde’s fault when they lose or draw, but the praise always goes to Messi alone anytime they win.
— vain. (@OdianosenEtomi) October 7, 2018
- Weight on Ernesto Valverde will develop over the worldwide break, after which Barca will make a trip shockingly pioneers Sevilla, who moved best with a 2-1 prevail upon Celta Vigo.
- Valencia drove in the second moment, Garay landing at the back post to tap in after a Dani Parejo corner was unintentionally flicked on by Gerard Pique and Thomas Vermaelen.
- Michy Batshuayi and Geoffrey Kondogbia both verged on multiplying Valencia’s lead as Marcelino’s men made a fine beginning, in spite of the fact that Goncalo Guedes’ damage checked their strength.
— Tina (@mcbgrrr) October 7, 2018
- Barca leveled in the 23rd moment, Messi boring home from 25 yards after a one-two with Luis Suarez that included a nutmeg on the vulnerable Kondogbia.
- Kevin Gameiro slammed a shot only wide in the 61st moment as Valencia kept on undermining, at that point Jose Gaya made a shocking test to deny Philippe Coutinho.
- Messi let go into the side netting and Suarez saw a prop generally punishment offers rejected, and issues are mounting for Barca and Valverde subsequent to passing up on the opportunity to recover top spot.
Barcelona were held to a 1-1 draw by Valencia at the Estadio de Mestalla on Sunday night as the Catalan giants were bailed out of trouble by a superb Lionel Messi goal in the first half. pic.twitter.com/6NjUyHT7KQ
— sunsetcity (@sunsetcity2) October 7, 2018
Visit allsportspk on 20th October, Saturday, for the first matches of Match Day 9 of 38, LaLiga 2018-19.