Italian Serie A ’18-19 – Highlights: Icardi’s Brace Demolishes SPAL
These are the last six matches of of Serie A, Match Day 8 of 38. The highlights are appended below the points table.
For Complete team rankings, click here
Serie A – Match 5 of 10: Genoa vs Parma
Result: 1 – 3
- Genoa: Kryysztof Piatek 6′
- Parma: Luca Rigoni 16′, Luca Siligardi 26′, Fabio Ceravolo 30′
- Krzysztof Piatek was on target once more, yet Parma finished a wonderful rebound to overcome Genoa out of the blue since 1994.
- The last time the Ducali won a Serie A match at Marassi was 4-0 in January 1994, trailed by four draws and a similar number of thrashings.
- The Grifone were flying high with Capocannoniere Krzysztof Piatek, who had 8 Serie A goals in his underlying 6 matches, yet Iuri Medeiros was picked rather than Goran Pandev, with Lisandro Lopez out harmed.
Even though Krzysztof Piatek score again today, Parma still do come win 3-1 and na the first time them do so since 1995. #GenoaParma
— Serie A IN PIDGIN (@SerieAinPidgin) October 7, 2018
- Parma missed Gervinho, Roberto Inglese, Alberto Grassi, Gianni Munari and others, so were constrained to reshuffle in strike.
- It took just 6 minutes for Piatek to get his ninth objective in 7 Serie A matches, transforming into the main man to score in each one of his underlying 7 Serie A appearances in the season since Christian Vieri for Inter in 2002-03.
- His hovering header on a Darko Lazovic cross from the left ricocheted in off inside the far post and Luigi Sepe was not capable overlap it off the line in time.
- Regardless, Parma offset with past Genoa midfielder Luca Rigoni and a lot of commitment tumbled to goalkeeper Ionut Radu, who completely missed the Luca Siligardi corner, allowing a tap-in undisturbed at the back post.
Goals by Luca Rigoni, Luca Siligardi & Fabio Ceravolo handed Parma a 3-1 win away at Genoa. #MaxSports
— Blackcoin – Da Pundit ???? (@blackcoin02) October 7, 2018
- Sepe relatively talented a goal with another howler, however was blessed to see the apparently innocuous Lazovic check shot bob off his chest and up over the vacant net.
- Lazovic attempted Sepe again and Piatek thought he had completed his prop with a header from a corner, anyway it skiped off the post and Sepe vacillated it off the line with millimeters to spare, as certified by goal line clearance.
- Minutes after, Parma turned the match around totally with a staggering Siligardi strike. He dashed down the right, cut inside on to the other side foot and pulverized the ground-to-air rocket into the far best corner from a tight edge.
- It was an amazing bounce back, as the Ducali ran wild with a cushioned Fabio Ceravolo header on the Antonino Barillà ball floated over the best.
– 1st Parma away win over Genoa since january 1994, and only 2nd in history
– 1st home loss for Genoa this season
— Amr Fekry (@AmrFekry26) October 7, 2018
- Genoa thought they had pulled one back with a traverse Piatek to discover Mimmo Criscito’s jumping header at the back post, however it was prohibited utilizing VAR for an offside position.
- Davide Ballardini tossed on Andrea Favilli and Daniel Bessa for the second half, with the last’s looking header testing Sepe early entryways, yet Radu additionally required a fine response save money on Ceravolo’s header from short proximity.
- Favilli stung Sepe’s gloves at the close post and Piatek gestured wide, yet Genoa couldn’t get once more into the diversion after that whirlwind of Parma goals.
Serie A – Match 6 of 10: Milan vs Chievo
Result: 3 – 1
- Milan: Gonzalo Higuain 27′, 34′, Giacomo Bonaventura 56′
- Chievo: Sergio Pellissier 63′
|6||Shots On Target||1|
- Gonzalo Higuain struck twice and Suso finished assisted three times for Jack Bonaventura, as 39-year-old Sergio Pellissier got a consoling goal for Chievo.
- Alessio Romagnoli hauled out with a solid issue, so with Mattia Caldara, Andrea Conti and Ivan Strinic harmed, it tumbled to Cristian Zapata for his first Serie A appearance of the season.
- Chievo missed Emanuele Giaccherini, Fabrizio Cacciatore, Nenad Tomovic and Filip Djordjevic, so shockingly gave 39-year-old Sergio Pellissier his first beginning of 2018.
- Franck Kessie tried Stefano Sorrentino early entryways with a padded volley at the back post, while Ignazio Abate took a chance with an own goal, with his header back to Gianluigi Donnarumma, who was partially blinded by the splendid daylight.
— UEFA Europa League (@EuropaLeague) October 7, 2018
- Milan had a twofold possibility on 19 minutes when first Sorrentino got down to repel a Jack Bonaventura strike, at that point the Hakan Calhanoglu bounce back was run after by Federico Barba’s edgy square.
- Chievo were rebuffed for an absence of correspondence, as Mattia Bani thumped on a cross without acknowledging Sorrentino had fallen off his line, so Suso instantly pulled it again from the by-line for Higuain to jump.
- Pipita scored again before long, this time Suso’s through ball enabled the Argentine to turn rapidly and stroke in with within his correct boot.
- Valter Birsa should have returned Chievo to it on the stroke of half-time, yet shot focus from eight yards on a Fabio Depaoli cross.
Gonzalo Higuain’s brace guided AC Milan to a 3-1 win over Chievo, Sampdoria won 1-0 at Atalanta while Lazio edged Fiorentina 1-0 at home. #SSFootball
— SuperSport Blitz (@SuperSportBlitz) October 7, 2018
- Bonaventura commended his 150th focused appearance for Milan by releasing a ground-breaking complete from fresh, which took a diversion off Luca Rossettini to circle over Sorrentino. It was Suso’s 3rd assist of the match.
- In any case, Milan still couldn’t keep their first Serie A perfect sheet of the season, as 39-year-old Pellissier jumped on poor guarding for a Leris through ball and terminated in low from the edge of the crate.
- Calhanoglu had the ball in the net from a Higuain through ball, yet had meandered offside.
— SofaScore (@SofaScore) October 7, 2018
Serie A – Match 7 of 10: Lazio vs Fiorentina
Result: 1 – 0
- Lazio: Ciro Immobile 37′
|6||Shots On Target||5|
- Ciro Immobile finished his Fiorentina revile with the main goal against the Viola, as Lazio pressed a strained 1-0 triumph.
- The Biancocelesti were in urgent need of a lift, as their run of 5 triumphs in all opposition came to a standstill with two straight overwhelming annihilations to Roma and Eintracht Frankfurt.
- Luis Alberto and Dusan Basta were dropped, with Felipe Caicedo another accomplice to Ciro Immobile. The Viola missed Kevin Mirallas and Cyril Thereau, so Marko Pjaca finished the trident assault.
— footballitalia (@footballitalia) October 7, 2018
- Marco Parolo flashed an early endeavor simply wide, yet neither one of the sides benefited as much as possible from stunning blunders. Wallace’s dreadful back-pass was caught by Marco Benassi, who at that point let go directly at Thomas Strakosha.
- At the opposite end, Alban Lafont came flying out and impacted vigorously with Lucas Leiva, yet requires a card were waved away.
- Lazio got through and Ciro Immobile finished his Viola revile, scoring his 1st goal against Fiorentina. Stefan Radu gestured on a corner to the back post for Immobile’s tap-in.
— George Psychas (@GeorgePsychas) October 7, 2018
- There was a considerable measure of strain at the Stadio Olimpico, as Giovanni Simeone had penalty advances for a last-dump Francesco Acerbi challenge waved away. Gerson was then reserved for recreation as he went down in a meeting up with Lucas Leiva.
- The Viola emerged ready to take care of business for the second half, with Strakosha expecting to stand out a foot to deny Cristiano Biraghi after Federico Chiesa left Wallace in his residue.
- Senad Lulic and Marko Pjaca had half-shots, while Lafont needed to beat away a savage Joaquin Correa strike. In stoppages Fiorentina debilitated an equalizer, however Acerbi’s sliding square kept the Edimilson Fernandes help discovering two colleagues in the 18-yard-box.
— UEFA Europa League (@EuropaLeague) October 7, 2018
For the last three matches go to the next page!