Spanish LaLiga ’18-19 – Highlights: Asensio Makes The Difference In Real Madrid’s Tight Win
This is the next 5 matches of LaLiga, Match Day 5 of 38. The highlights are appended below the points table.
Spanish LaLiga ’18-19 – Highlights: Madrid Bag First La Liga Win
For Complete team rankings, click here
La Liga 2018-19 – Full Schedule
Match 2 of 10: Rayo Vallecano vs Alaves
Result: 1 – 5
- Rayo Vallecano: Raul de Tomas 30′
- Alaves: Ximo Navarro 8′, Ibai Gomez 34′, 77′, Jonathan Calleri 56′, Burgui 90+5′
|Rayo Vallecano||Team Stats||Alaves|
|4||Shots On Target||7|
- Alaves proceeded with their fine beginning to the season with their 3rd straight triumph as they cleared aside Rayo Vallecano 5-1 far from home.
- A double strike was hit by Ibai Gomez while Calleri, Ximo Navarro and Burgui were additionally on focus in the win, as Alaves climbed to the 3rd position in LaLiga 2018-19.
- Rayo had to play the last hour of the match without Abdoulaye, despite beginning as the more grounded side in the match.
Maybe one should have known better. #Alaves would come to win 5-1 at #RayoVallecano, with Ibai Gomez hitting a brace. #RayoAlaves https://t.co/DwcMn5IBAl
— Diana Yeow (@dy158) September 22, 2018
#Alaves striker Jonathan Calleri has scored the goal NO.100 in #Laliga season 18-19
3rd goal side Alaves over Rayo in away 5-1 win #RayoAlavés pic.twitter.com/AkR8xtV6lZ
— Sherif Salah (@ShSalahedin) September 22, 2018
Match 3 of 10: Eibar vs Leganes
Result: 1 – 0
- Eibar: Kike 52′
|3||Shots On Target||2|
- In what was a desperate match at the Estadio Ipurua, Eibar’s Kike was given the best snapshot of the match to win for the hosts against Leganes.
- The opening half had no genuine opportunities to talk about, other than Sergi Enrich’s shot off of the bar on 20 minutes.
It look like a beautiful day in Ipurua! Eibar is coming off of the tie & win in their last two games while Leganés has only earned 1 point all season. #EibarLeganes
— EibarUSA (@EibarUSA) September 22, 2018
- Kike’s header 7 minutes into the second-half turned out to be the match winning one, however he suffered from an injury 20 minutes after and needed to go off.
- A whirlwind of substitutions from the two sides did nothing to change the state of this match or the score.
Match 4 of 10: Celta Vigo vs Valladolid
Result: 3 – 3
- Celta Vigo: lago Aspas 5′, 54′, Maximiliano Gomez Gonzalez 9′
- Valladolid: Oscar Plano 39′, Enes Unal 65′, Leonardo Suarez 90+4′
|Celta Vigo||Team Stats||Valladolid|
|5||Shots On Target||4|
- Notwithstanding going two goals down inside the opening nine minutes at Celta Vigo, Real Valladolid protected a point in the 95th moment because of Leonardo Suarez.
- Those at the Estadio Balaidos were dealt with an engaging, end to end undertaking with 6 goals in the match.
- Iago Aspas was on focus in the 5th minute with Maxi Gomez multiplying the lead 9 minutes.
Valladolid & Celta Vigo played out to an entertaining 3-3 draw while Kike scored as Eibar edged Leganes 1-0 at home #SSFootball
— SuperSport Blitz (@SuperSportBlitz) September 22, 2018
- Oscar Plano lessened the shortfall before half-time, permitting Valladolid a stage for their late rebound.
- Aspas put the hosts 2 goals, 10 minutes after half-time before Eres Unal pegged Celta back again.
- Both managers earned their wages in the last phases of the match however Sergio Alvarez could do nothing about Suarez’s equalizer with the last play of the match.
No it isn’t and yes it’s true. I told you what I meant by hoofing and the circumstances under which it occurs so routinely. And celta vigo wasn’t one of them. We weren’t chasing the game for starters, we weren’t facing a team that could just sit back and get a result for another.
— Labile (@UtdLabile) September 22, 2018
Match 5 of 10: Getafe CF vs Atletico Madrid
Result: 0 – 2
- Atletico Madrid: David Soria 14′ (OG) , Thomas Lemar 60′
|Getafe CF||Team Stats||Atletico Madrid|
|2||Shots On Target||4|
- Atletico Madrid came back to it’s winning ways in LaLiga as goals in either half observed off city rivals Getafe.
- A Thomas Lemar-roused Atletico Madrid recovered their LaLiga crusade on track with a hard-battled 2-0 prevail upon 10-man Getafe at the Coliseum Alfonso Perez on Saturday.
- Diego Simeone’s side had won only one of their opening 4 matches, deserting them 7 points behind Barcelona – however ricocheted back to winning routes against their city rivals.
La Liga; Lemar nets first goal Thomas Lemar grabbed his first La Liga goal to help Atletico Madrid to a 2-0 win at Getafe. https://t.co/XBKjWUbT3L
— EPL News Sky Sports (@EPLnewsSKY) September 22, 2018
- Lemar was denied a first goal for the club following his turn from Monaco in July when his shocking 30-yard drive pounded against the crossbar, however it brought about the opening goal in any case in the wake of bobbing in off goalkeeper David Soria’s back.
- He got his maiden goal in his splendid presentation following an hour, applying the completing touch to a broad counter-assault that cut open the Getafe barrier.
- Substitute Ivan Alejo was given a straight red card only 4 minutes subsequent to being presented for a rash tackle on Saul Niguez as Getafe’s expectations of getting once again into the diversion failed out.
A Thomas Lemar-inspired Atletico Madrid got its @LaLiga campaign back on track with a hard-fought 2-0 win over 10-man Getafe at the Coliseum Alfonso Perez.https://t.co/4smDutmnrF
— Sportstar (@sportstarweb) September 22, 2018
- The match burst into life following 14 minutes as Atletico took a chance lead when Soria accidentally occupied Lemar’s bouncing back exertion into his own particular net.
- Getafe were diminished to endeavors amid the principal half, with Vitorino Antunes looking well on the way to reestablish equality, yet his two free-kicks were serenely managed by Jan Oblak.
- Atletico offered little danger toward the beginning of the 2nd half, yet proceeded onward to make sure that they win the match.Koke played the conclusive pass into the way of Lemar, who adjusted Soria to space into an unfilled net.
More than happy with a 2-0 win at Getafe. Congratulations to Thomas Lemar for his first goal in la liga. Also his strike for the first goal which come back off the keeper. Great performance, onwards and upwards. #GetafeAtleti #Atleti #AtleticoMadrid #LaLiga #Laliga #AupaAtleti
— Rob BCFC Wood (@rojiblancosRob) September 22, 2018
- Oblak kept out an Angel Rodriguez drive, however any expectations the hosts had of setting up a strained finale were stifled in the 65th moment when Alejo got his walking orders for a stamp on Saul.
- Antoine Griezmann saw two shots spared late on as the guests looked to make the most of their numerical favorable position, with Getafe at last maintaining a strategic distance from advance discipline.
Match 6 of 10: Real Madrid vs Espanyol
Result: 1 – 0
- Real Madrid: Marco Asensio 41′
|Real Madrid||Team Stats||Espanyol|
|5||Shots On Target||3|
- Julen Lopetegui’s choice to rest stars including Marcelo, Gareth Bale and Toni Kroos bore fruit, as Real Madrid beat Espanyol 1-0 at home.
- Madrid returned to winning routes in LaLiga and moved to the top of the table with a tight 1-0 home win against Espanyol anchored on account of Marco Asensio’s first-half goal.
- Real Madrid dropped their first points under Julen Lopetegui last time out at Athletic Bilbao yet notwithstanding resting Gareth Bale, Marcelo and Toni Kroos they gathered an essential triumph on Saturday.
Real Madrid has a pretty good squad to fight all 3 fronts this year , We can not let Barcelona win the league, it has to end.
— Madridista-Sweden (@MadridstaIsco) September 22, 2018
- Previous Espanyol star Asensio struck from Luka Modric’s take a break, the goal surviving a survey for offside, and Lopetegui selected to rest Karim Benzema for the last 30 minutes.
- Mariano Diaz was sent on to make his second class make a big appearance for the club, the striker having rejoined from Lyon, yet Espanyol nearly leveled when an adorable Borja Iglesias chip bounced back off the crossbar.
- Pablo Piatti opened an adequate possibility wide in the 14th moment as Espanyol made a certain beginning, with a mishit Isco shot the main time Madrid undermined in the opening 30 minutes.
- Hernan Perez squandered an extraordinary possibility on the break, terminating directly at Thibaut Courtois, who was reviewed after Keylor Navas was favored for Madrid’s Champions League thrashing of Roma.
FT 1-0. Wins a win, but wasn’t the moat convincing from Real Madrid. Enough Espanyol chances for them to get something from that tonight. #RealMadridEspanyol
— Ian (@Ghedin1878) September 22, 2018
- Despite the fact that an extensive VAR audit for offside was required, Madrid drove in the 41st moment when Modric strung a go through to Asensio, who bored a perfect finish into the base right of the net.
- Diego Lopez tipped a Modric shot around the post soon after the restart as Madrid looked to make the focuses protected, at that point Isco had the previous Los Blancos goalkeeper scrambling with a strike that twisted wide.
1 Real Madrid 1-0 Espanyol: Hosts move top of La Liga after laboured win: Real Madrid move top of La Liga after Marco Asensio’s VAR-awarded strike proves enough to beat Espanyol. 1 https://t.co/OuyNZZhLJ9
— 90 Minutes (@90minu) September 22, 2018
- In any case, Espanyol nearly grabbed an equalizer in the 65th moment, Iglesias benefiting from an uncommon Sergio Ramos blunder yet observing his skimmed exertion over Courtois return off the woodwork.
Visit allsportspk later today, for the next matches of Match Day 5 of 38, La Liga 2018-19.