Spanish LaLiga ’18-19 – Highlights: Real Madrid & Barcelona Fail To Win Again
These are the next four matches of LaLiga, Match Day 7 of 38. The highlights are appended below the points table.
For Complete team rankings, click here
Match 2 of 10: Real Sociedad vs Valencia
Result: 0 – 1
- Valencia: Kevin Gameiro 36′
|Real Sociedad||Team Stats||Valencia|
|5||Shots On Target||2|
- It took until the point that the seventh round of the new LaLiga season, yet Valencia have their first win of the Spanish leage. A 1st half goal from Kevin Gameiro was sufficient for the guests as they went up against Real Sociedad at Anoeta.
- The striker came into this match as yet looking for his first goal for his new club, and he thought he had it in the 26th moment when he put the ball in past previous Atletico Madrid partner Miguel Angel Moya, who was beginning instead of Geronimo Rulli, however the strike was accurately discounted for offside.
Valencia grab their first win in the LaLiga this season, and becomes the last team to register a win! 1-0 away to Real Sociedad is a strong result, though the performance is still not remotely what you’d expect. Kondogbia is still a beast in midfield, though.
— Jonas Giæver (@CheGiaevara) September 29, 2018
- Only 10 minutes later, however, the Frenchman scored his first goal for Los Che, getting on the finish of a great cross from Denis Cheryshev.
- It had been a poor opening half hour for La Real, however they could have went in level at the break, just for Neto to deliver a radiant two-fisted spare from an Aritz Elustondo header at a 42nd moment corner.
Massive result for Valencia. Can’t underestimate the mental block that might’ve been lifted after such a win. 0-1, leading for a long time, away from home. Could kickstart their season.
— David Cartlidge (@davidjaca) September 29, 2018
- Neto was the legend by and by in the second half, when Real Sociedad won a 67th moment penalty. Willian Jose ventured up, however the Brazilian goalkeeper spared from his compatriot to keep Valencia ahead.
- Not at all like in midweek when they facilitated and drew with Celta Vigo, Valencia could nurture their lead the distance to full-time, gaining them their initial three-point pull of the season.
Huge win for Valencia. Gritty stuff, but it doesn’t matter. Some useful rotation for Marcelino and Kevin Gameiro gets his first for the club. The return of Geoffrey Kondogbia encouraging.
— Simon Harrison (@simonhfootball) September 29, 2018
Match 3 of 10: Barcelona vs Athletico Bilbao
Result: 1 – 1
- Barcelona: Munir El Haddadi 84′
- Athletico Bilbao: Oscar de Marcos 41′
|Barcelona||Team Stats||Athletico Bilbao|
|8||Shots On Target||2|
- Barcelona’s poor run continued after an unexpected 1-1 draw at home to Athletic Bilbao on Saturday.
- Lionel Messi and Sergio Busquets did not feature in the beginning XI na started on the seat, as Barcelona extended their winless run.
- When Messi arrived it changed the match to help Barcelona, however even this move did not help the Camp Nou.
Barcelona: Have picked up just two points from their last three matches in La Liga – their worst run since April 2016.
— WhoScored.com (@WhoScored) September 29, 2018
- Oscar De Marcos’ goal just before the break hoped to have made it consecutive thrashings for Barcelona following their midweek misfortune to Leganes, however Munir El Haddadi leveled a short ways from time.
- A great opportunity passed by Luis Suarez, who squandered a chance to score as Bilbao’s goalkeeper, Unai Simon stood strong in the whole match.
Real level on points with Barca after derby draw Real Madrid missed the chance to go two points clear of Barcelona at the top of La Liga as they drew 0-0 with Atletico Madrid on Saturday. https://t.co/sIaUL7ZUfQ via @bdnews24 #football
— #Bangladesh News 24 (#BreakingNews 24) (@bdnews24) September 29, 2018
- However, it was De Marcos who put a dent in Barcelona, as he scored from a set-piece to put his team in the lead, as the first half finished with Bilbao in front.
- In the 2nd half, Lionel Messi was introduced early, as Arthuro Vidal made his way out. It was Philippe Coutinho who almost struck a goal, as the ball hit the bar at the 60th minute.
The wheels have come right of #Barcelona in there last 3 games. A 2-2 draw at home with Girona. A 2-1 loss to Leganes. An 85th-minute goal saved a 1-1 draw at home to Athletico Bilbao. Pressure will build on Ernesto Valverde especially after resting Messi & Busquets
— The RacingBlogger (@racingblogger) September 29, 2018
- They could have increased their lead not long after Messi went close, anyway Nelson Semedo’s last cast off handle ended Inaki Williams when he was through on goal.
- Although, Messi’s late induction into the match brought some sort of motivation, however it did not prove to be enough.
- In any case, similarly as it showed up Valverde’s men were set for a second progressive thrashing, Messi’s cross discovered substitute Munir and he changed over from short proximity to make it 1-1.
‘Angry’ Messi demands better: Lionel Messi said Barcelona are “angry” and called for improvement after a 1-1 draw at home against Athletic Bilbao on Saturday. https://t.co/BS66VQ07fF pic.twitter.com/9Cn75dPMsh
— sporting news (@sportingnewsww) September 29, 2018
- It saved a point for Valverde however the 1-1 draw implied it was the first run through Barcelona had not won in three matches since his arrangement. Messi was likewise reserved after the last shriek for contradict as the house side’s disappointment overflowed.
- Barca striker Suarez was disparaging of his side’s execution and their proceeded with reliance on Messi.
Match 4 of 10: Eibar vs Sevilla
Result: 1 – 3
- Eibar: Joan Jordan 90+9′
- Sevilla: Andre Silva 47′, Ever Banega 59′ (P), 90+4′
|2||Shots On Target||5|
- Pablo Machin’s Sevilla side followed up their phenomenal midweek prevail upon Real Madrid with a refined execution at the Estadio Ipurua, and left away with a merited 3-1 prevail upon Eibar.
— AS English (@English_AS) September 29, 2018
- The hosts had figured out how to avoid the Andalusians as much as possible for the primary half, however inside two minutes of the restart, Andre Silva opened the scoring.
- Before the hour check, Ever Banega had coolly dispatched a penalty to double the guests’ lead, and he included a third goal into the nine minutes of injury time.
- The Basque side offered nothing accordingly, aside from a 100th moment encouragement through Joan Jordan, and in truth were well beaten.
FT: Eibar 0-3 Sevilla
That’s 17 (!!!) goals in the last 4 matches for the Andalusians! Unbelievable!
Banega in scintillating form, Andre Silva leading the Pichichi race, fewer goals allowed than Barcelona this season.
Krasnodar will be hosting a very in-form team Thursday!
— Michael (@CholoColcho) September 29, 2018
Match 5 of 10: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid
Result: 0 – 0
|Real Madrid||Team Stats||Atletico Madrid|
|6||Shots On Target||3|
- Real Madrid passed up on the opportunity to go two points clear of Barcelona at the highest point of LaLiga as they drew 0-0 with Atletico Madrid on Saturday in a tense, yet engaging, nearby derby in which the remarkable players were the two goalkeepers.
- Real’s Thibaut Courtois made two outstanding recoveries in the principal half to frustrate Atletico strikers Antoine Griezmann and Diego Costa, while his contrary number, Jan Oblak, saved the guests with two wanton stops after the interim to deny Marco Asensio and Dani Carvajal.
Barcelona and Real Madrid in La Liga this season pic.twitter.com/wIUsBAdWs7
— Troll Football (@TrollFootball) September 29, 2018
- Gareth Bale verged on scoring for Real in the primary half yet was substituted toward the beginning of the second and his side enhanced without their record marking, nearly grabbing a victor in stoppage time when skipper Sergio Ramos headed barely wide.
- Real Madrid are joint-best of the standings, bolted on 14 focuses with Barcelona, who have a somewhat prevalent goal contrast, regardless of their unexpected 1-1 attract at home to Athletic Bilbao.
- Atletico, 12 points, drop down to 4th, while Sevilla move into 3rd, with 13 points, subsequent to winning 3-1 at Eibar.
Real Madrid failed to score in consecutive league matches for the first time since 2011. pic.twitter.com/5d9Vj21LYg
— Football Factly (@FootballFactly) September 29, 2018
Visit allsportspk later today, for the next matches of Match Day 7 of 38, LaLiga 2018-19.