Pakistan Vs Zimbabwe Match 1
||Pakistan Vs Zimbabwe
T20 Tri-Series – Match 1
| Match Basics
|T20 Tri-series – Match 1: Pakistan Vs Zimbabwe
|Date: 1st July, 2018
|Venue: Harare Sports Club
|Umpires: TK Musakanda, J Nyumbu
|Toss won by: Zimbabwe, elected to field first
| Scorecard Summary
|Pakistan’s Innings: 182/4 (20 Overs, RR: 9.1)
|Batting: Fakhar Zaman 61 off 40 balls, Shoaib Malik 37* off 24 balls, Asif Ali 41* off 21 balls, Sarfraz Ahmed 16 off 15 balls.
|Bowling: KM Jarvis 1/9 in 2 overs, CJ Chibhabha 1/29 in 3 overs, TS Chisoro 2/28 in 4 overs.
|Target: 183 runs in 20 overs.
|Zimbabwe’s Innings: 108 all out (17.5 Overs, RR: 6.05)
|Batting: TK Musakanda 43 off 35 balls, SF Mire 27 off 29 balls, E Chugumbura 14 off 10 balls.
|Bowling: Mohammad Nawaz 2/11 in 4 overs, Usman Khan 2/11 in 3 overs, Hasan Ali 2/19 in 2 overs, Shadab Khan 1/29 in 4 overs, Mohammad Hafeez 2/3 in 0.5 overs.
|Result: Pakistan won by 74 runs
|Man of the Match: Asif Ali
|Highlights & Analysis
|Pakistan Vs Zimbabwe: 1st Innings
- The pitch looked flat and hard and clearly in favour of the batsmen. Zimbabwe’s captain chose to field as to not give Pakistan a chance of chasing on this pitch.
- Mohammad Hafeez and Fakhar opened the innings and Nyumbu was given the new ball by his captain.
- Hafeez made an aggressive start but in the very next over fell cheaply to Jarvis as Zimbabwe got a dream start to the innings.
- Hussain Talat joined Fakhar Zaman. Fakhar continued with his aggressive style by hitting boundaries every now and then.
- Talat played cautiously but still lost his wicket to Chibhabha after sharing a 29 run stand with Fakhar Zaman.
- The Pakistani captain promoted himself up the order and joined Fakhar Zaman. The pair added 38 runs to the total after which Chisoro removed Sarfraz Ahmed.
- At this point, Pakistan were 3 wickets down for 78 runs. Shoaib Malik joined Fakhar Zaman.
- Both batsmen took the total above 100 runs and in the very same over, Fakhar Zaman reached his fifty and Malik completed 2000 runs in this format.
- To get a breakthrough, Burl was introduced into the attack. The bowler put on pressure as Fakhar was dropped once but got out in the very next over by Chisoro.
- Asif Ali joined Shoaib Malik. With 5 overs to go Pakistan needed a strong finish to get to a challenging total.
- The two batsmen achieved this objective by plundering 61 runs in the last 5 overs as Pakistan finished on 182 runs in 20 overs.
Pakistan Vs Zimbabwe: 2nd Innings
- With 183 runs required to win this match, Chibhabha and SF Mire came out to bat and Mohammad Nawaz started it off for Pakistan.
- Nawaz struck straightaway as he pinned Chibhabha lbw to give Pakistan an early breakthrough.
- CF Mire was joined by Masakadza. Both batsmen added 16 runs to the total as Hasan Ali was introduced into the attack.
- Masakadza looked to attack Hasan Ali but the fast bowler got his revenge in the same over by claiming his wicket.
- Musakanda joined SF Mire. The pair added 33 runs to the total and Sarfraz Ahmed introduced Mohammad Nawaz back into the attack.
- The spinner struck yet again as SF Mire became his 2nd scalp of the match.
- PJ Moor joined Musakanda. But his stay lasted only one over as Shadab finally got his first wicket of the match.
- Chigumbura joined Musakanda. Both batsmen added 24 runs to the total after which Hasan Ali removed Chigumbura.
- At this point, Zimbabwe had lost half their wickets and still needed 94 runs to win from 6 overs. Pakistan Vs Zimbabwe had now become one sided.
- Burl joined Musakanda and after surviving two overs Usman Khan struck twice to get rid of Musakanda and Chisoro.
- Hafeez was induced into the attack and in the very next over, he also struck twice to bowl out Zimbabwe on 108 runs.
- Overall, Pakistan Vs Zimbabwe was a one sided affair but it was also a morale boost for the Green shirts.
This is the end of the Pakistan Vs Zimbabwe T20. Join allsportspk tomorrow for the next match of this T20 Tri-series. To see the tournament’s full schedule click here.
Sarfraz Ahmed (Cpt.) (Wkt.)
H Masakadza (Cpt.)
PJ Moor (Wkt.)
|For updates regularly visit: Allsportspk
error: Content is protected !!