||Australia Vs Zimbabwe
T20 Tri-Series – Match 3
| Match Basics
|T20 Tri-series – Match 3: Australia Vs Zimbabwe
|Date: 3rd July, 2018
|Venue: Harare Sports Club
|Umpires: Langton Rusere, Jeremiah Matibiri
|Toss won by: Zimbabwe, elected to field first
| Scorecard Summary
|Australia’s Innings: 229/2 (20 Overs, RR: 11.45)
|Batting: Aaron Finch 172 off 76 balls, DJM Short 46 off 42 balls
|Bowling: TS Chisoro 0/19 in 4 overs, B Muzarbani 2/38 in 4 overs.
|Target: 230 runs from 20 overs
|Zimbabwe’s Innings: 129/9 (20 Overs, RR: 6.45)
|Batting: SF Mire 28 off 19 balls, CJ Chibhabha 18 off 10 balls, PJ Moor 19 off 11 balls.
|Bowling: Glenn Maxwell 1/7 in 1 overs, MP Stoinis 1/11 in 2 overs, AJ Tye 3/12 in 4 overs, JA Richardson 1/23 in 4 overs
|Result: Australia won by 100 runs
|Man of the Match: Aaron Finch
|Highlights & Analysis
|Australia Vs Zimbabwe: 1st Innings
- The pitch had some dark patches on it but it was still a fresh wicket and so it was still going to be a batting wicket.
- However, Zimbabwe captain chose to bowl first as the moisture in the air could assist the bowlers in getting wickets.
- Australian openers Aaron Finch and Travis Head came out to bat and Nyumbu was given the new ball by his captain.
- A slow and shaky start was seen from the two batsmen. But soon the Australian captain Finch got set and boundaries began to flow off his bat.
- The pair reached fifty runs inside 5 overs and in the very next over, Finch broke his own record by registering a half century in 22 balls.
- The Power play ended and at this point, Australia had scored 75 runs without the loss of a wicket.
- Chisoro was induced into the attack with Burl bowling from the other end. Although, Chisoro kept the Australian batsmen and specifically, Finch at bay, however the batsmen continued to target bowlers from the other end.
- In 10 overs, Australia crossed a 100 runs with Finch contributing 80 runs and Short only 20.
- The onslaught continued from Finch as he reached his hundred from 50 balls and and the pair also registered the biggest opening partnership for Australia in T20 cricket.
- At this point, Australia had scored 143 runs with 6 overs still left in the innings.
- Post his century, Finch got berserk his continous boundaries broke the all time record of the opening partnership in T20 cricket.
- Another record broke in the 18th over as the pair brought the first ever two hundred partnership in T20 cricket.
- In the very next over, Finch got to 150 and in the next two balls he broke his own World record of the highest T20 score.
- This match(Australia Vs Zimbabwe) was taken to a whole other level by Finch.
- Muzarbani finally got the wicket of Short in the last over and 2 balls later Finch also departed after a blistering 172 off only 76 balls.
- With that hammering from Finch, Australia finished on 229 runs in 20 overs and till now Australia Vs Zimbabwe became the most exciting match in this tri-series.
Australia Vs Zimbabwe: 2nd Innings
- Zimbabwe had to show immense grit and power hitting in order to climb a mountain of runs in order to challenge, much less beat Australia.
- Chibahbha and SF Mire opened the innings while Stanlake ‘The Camel’ was given the first over by Finch.
- Both batsmen started off slow but soon began to hit boundaries and mustered up 40 runs in the first 4 overs.
- Finally, Zimbabwe Vs Australia was proving to be exciting to watch.
- But, Chibhabha could not go on as Richardson provided Australia with a much needed breakthrough.
- The Zimbabwe captain Masakadza joined Mire. But, this partnership lasted only one over as Stanlake returned for his third to remove SF Mire.
- Musakanda joined Masakadza. Spin was introduced into the attack and after surving Short, Musakanda departed off Agar’s bowling.
- Moor joined Masakadza. But, Agar returned for another over and removed Masakadza to give Australia their 4th wicket of the innings.
- Chigumbura joined Moor. At this point 10 overs were left and Zimbabwe needed 137 runs to win this match.
- Tye was introduced into the attack and he struck straight away with his famous slow ball as he took a return catch off his own bowling to dismiss Moor.
- After this wicket Australia Vs Zimbabwe became pretty much one-sided.
- Burl joined Chigumbura who departed in the next over to the same bowler i.e. Tye.
- Chisoro joined Burl as Maxwell was introduced into the attack. And, he too struck in his 1st over to remove Chisoro.
- Mpofu joined Burl. Both batsmen added 13 runs in 3 overs after which Tye removed Burl as the run rate climbed to 36+ runs per over.
- Mpofu also got out to Stoinis in the next over. The last two batsmen kept their wicket as this match(Australia Vs Zimbabwe) was won by Australia.
This is the end of the Australia Vs Zimbabwe T20. Join allsportspk tomorrow for the next match of this T20 Tri-series. To see the tournament’s full schedule click here.
AJ Finch (Capt.)
AT Carey (Wkt.)
H Masakadza (Capt.)
PJ Moor (Wkt.)
|For updates regularly visit: Allsportspk