West Indies Vs Bangladesh 2nd Test
||West Indies Vs Bangladesh
| Match Basics
|2nd Test Match – Day 1: West Indies Vs Bangladesh
|Date: 12th July, 2018
|Venue: Sabina Park, Kingston, Jamaica
|Umpires: Richard Illingworth, Sundaram Ravi
|Toss won by: Bangladesh ,elected to field first
| Scorecard Summary
|West Indies 1st Innings: 295/4 (92 Overs, RR: 3.2)
|Performers – Day 1:
|Batting: KC Brathwaite 110 off 279 balls, Kieron Powell 29 off 49 balls, Shai Hope 29 off 79 balls, SO Hetmyer 84* off 98 balls.
|Bowling: Mehidy Hasan Miraz 3/90 in 27 overs, Tajul Islam 1/65 in 21 overs.
|Highlights & Analysis
|West Indies Vs Bangladesh: West Indies 1st Innings
- The pitch had some moisture on it and this influenced Shakib’s decision to bowl first after they won the toss.
- But, this decision could prove costly as Bangladesh were playing 2 spinners and batting first would have given them the upper hand in the 4th innings.
- Nevertheless, Windies openers Devon Smith and Brathwaite walked out to bat. Abu Jayed and Shakib Al Hasan shared the new ball from both ends.
- Bangladesh put on pressure with the spin as both batsmen were finding it hard to pick up their lengths.
- This went on for some time after which Mehidy Hasan Miraz struck to claim the wicket of Devon Smith and give Bangladesh a dream start.
- Kieron Powell joined Brathwaite. Bangladesh continued spin from both ends hoping to get another swift wicket.
- But, both batsmen defied the spinners and pacers had to be introduced from one end.
- Still the batsmen remained resilient and brought up the first fifty run stand of the innings.
- However, in the very same over, Powell was pinned lbw by Mehidy Hasan Miraz as West Indies lost their 2nd wicket.
- Shai Hope joined Brathwaite. Bangladesh continued to bowl economical overs but could not get a wicket until lunch was called on Day 1 of this match.
- Play resumed after lunch and Abu Jayed was brought into the attack with the sole purpose to rattle the batsmen and get a wicket.
- But, the replenished pair of Brathwaite and Hope continued to pile on runs as Brathwaite got to his gritty fifty and the pair brought up the second fifty run partnership of the match.
- The pair took their partnership to 79 runs after which Tajiul Islam broke this partnership by claiming the wicket of Shai Hope.
- Hetmyer joined Brathwaite. The pair now began to score freely as Bangladesh spinners were now completely being ignored the West Indians.
- Both batsmen took West Indies above 200 with Brathwaite reaching his century and Hetmyer reached his half century.
- At this point, this partnership was worth 109 runs. Bangladesh needed a wicket and it was provided to them by Mehidy Hasan as the spinner took the scalp of Brathwaite.
- Roston Chase joined Hetmyer. In the last overs of the day, Bangladesh began to leak runs as Hetmyer shifted into an aggressive mode.
- After the 92nd over, the day ended and it belonged to West Indies who will resume the second day with at least 450+ runs in sight.
West Indies Vs Bangladesh – 1st Test: Day 1 – West Indies Dominate
West Indies Vs Bangladesh – 1st Test: Day 2 – West Indies Rip Through Bangladesh
West Indies Vs Bangladesh – 1st Test: Day 3 – Windies Complete A Commanding Win
This is the end of Day 1 of West Indies Vs Bangladesh 2nd Test. Join Allsportspk tomorrow for Day 2 of West Indies Vs Bangladesh 2nd Test.
Kamrul Islam Rabbi
Mehidy Hasan Miraz
Nurul Hasan (Wkt.)
Shakib Al Hasan (Capt.)
JO Holder (Capt.)
SO Dowrich (Wkt.)
|For updates regularly visit: Allsportspk