||West Indies Vs Bangladesh
| Match Basics
|2nd Test Match – Day 2: West Indies Vs Bangladesh
|Date: 13th July, 2018
|Venue: Sabina Park, Kingston, Jamaica
|Umpires: Richard Illingworth, Sundaram Ravi
|Toss won by: Bangladesh ,elected to field first
| Scorecard Summary
|West Indies 1st Innings (Continued): 354 all out (112 Overs, RR: 3.16)
|Performers – Day 2:
|Batting: SO Hetmyer 86 off 105 runs, Shane Dowrich 20 off 46 balls, Jason Holder 33 off 42 balls.
|Bowling: Mehidy Hasan Miraz 5/93 in 29 overs, Taijul Islam 2/82 in 25 overs, Abu Jayed 3/38 in 18 overs.
|Bangladesh 1st Innings: 149 all out (46.1 Overs, RR: 3.22)
|Performers – Day 2:
|Batting: Tamim Iqbal 47 off 105 balls, Shakib Al Hasan 32 off 53 balls, Mushfiqur Rahim 24 off 57 balls, Taijul Hasan 18 off 18 balls.
|Bowling: Jason Holder 5/44 in 10.1 overs, Shannon Gabriel 2/19 in 10 overs, Keemo Paul 2/25 in 9 overs, ML Cummins 1/34 in 9 overs.
|West Indies 2nd Innings: 19/1 (9 Overs, RR: 2.11)
|Performers – Day 2:
|Batting: Devon Smith 8* off 25 balls
|Bowling: Shakib Al Hasan 0/1 in 1 over
|Highlights & Analysis
|West Indies Vs Bangladesh: West Indies 1st Innings
- On Day 2 of this test, the pitch appeared to be very dry and hard. This was going to be in favour of Bangladesh as they possessed the spinners to produce turn and rattle the West Indians.
- Play resumed as Hetmyer and Chase walked out to bat as Abu Jayed and Shakib started it off for Bangladesh.
- Abu Jayed struck early and got the big wicket of Hetmyer who fell just 14 runs short of his maiden Test century.
- Shane Dowrich joined Roston Chase. But this pair could only survive three overs as Abu Jayed pinned Chase lbw and got his 2nd wicket of the innings.
- At this point, West Indies were 6 wickets down with 302 runs on the board.
- Now, the West Indies captain Jason Holder joined Dowrich. Both batsmen added 16 more runs to the total after which Taijul Islam claimed the wicket of Dowrich.
- Drinks were called on Day 2 of this test(West Indies Vs Bangladesh).
- Keemo Paul joined Jason Holder but he departed in the very next over to Mehidy Hasan’s exquisite spin bowling.
- In came Cummins but he was pinned lbw by Mehidy Hasan and the batsman got out on a golden duck. At this point, West Indies were 9 wickets down for 319 runs.
- Shannon Gabriel joined Jason Holder as Windies targeted at least 350 runs.
- Gabriel supported Holder from the other end as the West Indian captain went berserk and took West Indies above 350.
- But, in the very same over Abu Jayed got the wicket of Gabriel and West Indies finished on 354 runs.
West Indies Vs Bangladesh: Bangladesh 1st Innings
- Bangladesh openers Liton Das and Tamim Iqbal walked out to bat. Gabriel and Keemo Paul were given the first overs by Jason Holder.
- A nervous start was made by both batsmen as lunch was called on Day 2 of this test.
- Post lunch and after surviving for 6 overs, Liton Das was pinned lbw by Gabriel as Windies got their first wicket.
- Mominul Haque joined Tamim Iqbal but after only playing one ball, Gabriel claimed his 2nd wicket of the innings.
- The Bangladesh captain, Shakib Al Hasan joined Tamim Iqbal. Cummins came into the attack.
- Both batsmen survived the West Indian bowlers and slowly but steadily built a 59 run partnership.
- This partnership was finally broken by the Windies captain, Jason Holder who the stumps of Shakib Al Hasan to claim his first wicket of the innings..
- Mahmudullah joined Tamim Iqbal and after surviving his first ball, the batsman became the 2nd victim of Jason Holder.
- This was now the 2nd time that 2 wickets had fallen in one over.
- Mushfiqur Rahim joined Tamim Iqbal. Windies could sense a potential collapse, but the two batsmen hung on as Tea was called on Day 2 of this test.
- Play resumed after tea for the final session of today’s play as Keemo Paul was induced into the attack.
- Both batsmen added another 25 runs to the total after which history repeated itself for the 3rd time as Bangladesh lost 2 wickets to Paul in the same over.
- After the wickets of Tamim Iqbal and Nurul Hasan, Mehidy Hasan came out to bat.
- Another 10 runs were added by the pair as Jason Holder brought himself back into the attack and struck straightaway to dismiss Mushfiqur Rahim.
- Taijul Islam joined Mehidy Hasan. At this point, West Indies were trailing by 226 runs with 3 wickets in hand and both ends occupied by tail enders.
- The pair ended only one over as Cummins pinned Mehidy Hasan lbw to claim his first wicket of the match.
- Kamrul Hasan Rabi joined Tajiul Islam and two overs later Holder claimed the wicket of Tajiul to bag his 4th wicket of the innings.
- Abu Jayed joined Kamrul Hasan and departed in the very next over to Jason Holder who claimed his 5 wicket haul of the match.
- And with this wicket, Bangladesh were bowled out for 149 runs. West Indies chose not to enforce the follow on, instead bat and extend the lead.
West Indies Vs Bangladesh: West Indies 2nd Innings
- With a solid lead of 205 runs, West Indies were certainly on top of thsi match(West Indies Vs Bangladesh)
- Play resumed as Windies openers Devon Smith and Brathwaite opened the innings.
- Abu Jayed and Mehidy Hasan started it off for Bangladesh. Both batsmen put up a strong resistance to add 19 runs to the lead.
- This is when the Bangladesh captain, Shakib Al Hasan brought himself into the attack and shattered the stumps of Brathwaite to provide his team with the initial breakthrough.
- Keemo Paul joined Devon Smith as the nightwatchman as stumps were called in the very same over and a 17 wicket day came to an end.
West Indies Vs Bangladesh – 2nd Test: Day 1 – Batsmen Put Windies In Command
This is the end of Day 2 of West Indies Vs Bangladesh 2nd Test. Join Allsportspk tomorrow for Day 3 of West Indies Vs Bangladesh 2nd Test.
Kamrul Islam Rabbi
Mehidy Hasan Miraz
Nurul Hasan (Wkt.)
Shakib Al Hasan (Capt.)
JO Holder (Capt.)
SO Dowrich (Wkt.)
|For updates regularly visit: Allsportspk