West Indies Vs Sri Lanka 2nd Test
||West Indies Vs Sri Lanka
| Match Basics
|2nd Test Match – Day 4: West Indies Vs Sri Lanka
|Date: 17th June, 2018
|Venue: Darren Sammy National Cricket Stadium, Gros Islet, St Lucia
|Umpires: ML Udawatte, CAK Rajitha
|Toss won by: Sri Lanka , elected to bat first
| Scorecard Summary
|Sri Lanka’s 2nd Innings: 334/8 (89 Overs, RR: 3.75)
|Performers – Day 4:
|Batting: Kusal Mendis 87 off 117 balls, Dinesh Chandimal 39 off 112 balls, Roshen Silva 48 off 115 balls, Dickwella 62 off 70 balls.
|Bowling: Shannon Gabriel 6/57 in 19 overs, Kemar Roach 2/75 in 20 overs.
|Highlights & Analysis
|West Indies Vs Sri Lanka: SL 2nd Innings (Continued)
- The nightwatchman Rajitha and the debutante, Udawatte came out to bat and Gabriel was given the 1st over by Jason Holder.
- And, WI’s strike bowler struck in his 1st over as he pinned Rajitha lbw and after a successful appeal, sent him back on a duck.
- De Silva joined Udawatte. But his stay lasted only 3 overs as he gifted his wicket after chasing a wide delivery and Gabriel got his 3rd wicket.
- This was not the end of Sri Lanka’s troubles as 2 overs later, Roach snuffed out yet another wicket. This time it was Udawatte who got out after chipping it straight to extra cover.
- The Sri Lankan captain joined Mendis. West Indies kept the pressure and the two batsmen struggled for some time.
- But, soon they looked settled and brought their fifty run stand. At this point, Sri Lanka had extended their lead above 50 runs.
- Gabriel was brought back into the attack in hopes of getting a wicket. The bowler created some very good chances but couldn’t stop Mendis as he reached his fifty from sixty seven balls.
- One over after this milestone, lunch was called and also came the news of Sri Lanka’s captain Dinesh Chandimal being charged for ball-tampering incident.
- After lunch, spin was introduced into the attack in the form of Roston Chase.
- Chances were created by Chase but it didn’t stop Chandimal and Mendis to bring up the 1st 100-run partnership of this innings.
- But, 17 runs later, this match-defining partnership was broken by Roach who claimed the wicket of Sri Lanka’s captain Dinesh Chandimal.
- Roshen Silva joined Mendis. Both batsmen shared a extended the lead before play was stopped due to bad light.
- After play resumed, Gabriel struck in his 1st over to remove Mendis who fell 13 runs short of his century.
- Dickwella joined Roshen Silva. Both shared a nice partnership before Silva was dropped by Hope.
- This drop catch cost West Indies as the two batsmen extended their lead above 250 and Dickwella reached his fifty in the process.
- At this point, Roshen Silva was only 2 runs away from a well-deserved half-century, but he was denied of this milestone by Gabriel.
- The West Indian pacer claimed Silva’s wicket to complete his 10 wickets of the match and became the 1st WI bowler to do so against Sri Lanka.
- Dananjaya joined Dickwella. At this point, Sri Lanka were leading by 260 runs with 3 wickets in hand. Clearly, they were eyeing a total of 300-350 runs.
- But, Gabriel returned for his next over and removed Dickwella who returned after contributing a well-made 62 off 70 balls.
- Lakmal joined Dananjaya. Holder brought himself into the attack, intending to clean up the tail as soon as possible.
- But, the two batsmen held their ground as stumps were called. Sri Lanka ended their day on 287 runs with 2 wickets in hand.
- Day 5 would be very hard for WI in this West Indies Vs Sri Lanka test.
West Indies Vs Sri Lanka – 2nd Test: Day 3 – West Indies Stay On Track
Join Allsportspk tomorrow for Day 5 of West Indies Vs Sri Lanka 2nd Test.
JO Holder (Cpt.)
SO Dowrich (Wkt.)
DM de Silva
LD Chandimal (Cpt.)
N Dickwella (Wkt.)
|For updates regularly visit: Allsportspk
error: Content is protected !!