1st Qatar 6 Red World Snooker 2019: Starts 12th January
QATAR: The 1st Qatar 6 Red World Snooker 2019, will commence from 12th January – Saturday in the Academy of Qatar Billiards and Snooker Federation at Doha.
The inaugural edition has 32 strong participants from all four regions, with the winner’s prize-money of US $ 10000.
The qualification rounds were held during the last two days, which resulted in the following 8 qualifiers:
- Laxman Rawat,
- Aditya Mehta,
- Dhvaj Haria
- Faisal Khan from India,
- Saleh Mohammed
- Mohammed Rais Senzahi
- Ehsan Heydari Nezhad
- Haris Tahir .
The event will be played among 8 Groups, with each group comprising of four players. During the first two days, Four sessions will be played for the round-robin matches and two players from each group will qualify for the Last-16 stage knockout stage.
The round-robin matches will be played for best of 9 frames followed by knockout from Last-16 till Semi-finals, best of 11 frames.
The final to decide the champion will be played on Tuesday, the 15th January 2019 for best of 13 frames.
The next two dyas Schedule of matches for participating players from Pakistan is as follows:
- Thanawat Tirapongpaiboon (Thai) v Haris Tahir (Pak)
- Babar Masih (Pak) v Khamis Alobaidli (Qatar)
- Muhammad Bilal (Pak) v Faisal Khan (India)
- Muhammad Majid Ali (Pjb) v Laxman Rawat (India)
- Ali Alobaidli (Qatar) v Haris Tahir (Pak)
- Babar Masih (Pak) v Aditya Mehta (India)
- Muhammad Bilal (Pak) v Mhanaa Alobaidli (Qatar)
- Muhammad Majid Ali (Pjb) v Ehsan Heydari Nezhad (Iran)
- Saleh Mohammadi (Afghanistan) v Haris Tahir (Pak)
- Aung Phyo (Myanmar) v Babar Masih (Pak)
- Muhammad Bilal (Pak) v Cheung Ka Wai (Hong Kong)
- Kurt Dunham (Australia) v Muhammad Majid Ali (Pjb)
For updates regularly visit: allsportspk