Despite the weather conditions not being very conducive, even then the spirited tennis environment continued during the Day 3 matches of 2nd SNGPL All Pakistan Tennis Championship 2018. A major support was the lush green landscape of PLTA Tennis Courts, Lahore.
The results of Men’s Quarter-finals were:
- A upset in Men’s single when 7th seeded Muhammad Shoaib of SNGPL beat 4th seed Heera Ashiq of Wapda by 3-6, 6-2, 6-4 in 2 hours and forty minutes long match. Both players played extremely competitive tennis with Shoaib breaking Heera Ashiq serve 6 times. After this win Muhammad Shoaib will play the semi-final with Top Seed Aqeel Khan.
- Aqeel Khan beat Yousaf Khalil by 6-2 6-1.
- Shahzad Khan beat Barkatullah by 6-3, 6-2.
- 2nd seed Muhammad Abid beat 5th seed Mudassir Murtaza.
- Shahzad Khan beat Barkat ullah by 6-3, 6-2.
Ladies Single Quarter-finals results were:
- Sara Mehboob beat Marrium Mirza by 6-0, 6-1.
- Shimza Tahir beat Nida Akram by 6-2, 6-2.
- Esha Jawad beat Zara Salman by 6-2, 6-0.
Men’s Doubles Pre-Quarterfinals:
- Ijaz Ahmed and Abbass Khan beat Asadullah and Barkat ullah by 6-4, 7-6.
- Yousaf Khalil and Ahmed Babar beat Zariab Peerzada and Mian Bilal by 6-3, 6-2.
- Shahzad PAF and Shahid Afridi beat Shakir ullah and Farhan Khan by 6-0, 6-3.
- Muhammad Khaliq and M. Abbas Malik beat Talha Waheed and Sikandar Hayat by 7-6, 6-4.
Boys Under 18 Quarterfinals:
- Aqib Hyatt beat Zalan Khan by 6-2, 6-4.
Under 16 First Semi-final:
- Nalain Abbas beat Muhammad Abdullah by 6-0, 6-1.
Under 14 First Semi-final:
- Hamid Israr of Peshawar beat Farman Shakeel of Gujranwala by 6-1, 6-3.
Under 12 First Quarter-final:
- Shahil Tahir beat Ehtesham Arif by 8-3.
Under 10 Pre Quarter-Finals:
- Aqsa beat Talal Irfan by 8-2.
- Labika beat Abubaker Khalil by 8-3.
For updates regularly visit: Allsportspk